Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!

Reply
Old 02-25-2011, 08:12 AM
  #1776
JoeAirPort
 
JoeAirPort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,259
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Stormrider5

Mine is the yellow and black she gets a DA 120 carbon fiber tuned pipes, Hitec 7955TG's throughout, Smartfly and a 6014hs FASST reciever.
Sounds like a nice setup. Keep us posted!
JoeAirPort is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:12 PM
  #1777
xtraflyr
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Randolph, NJ
Posts: 2,295
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Well I just got back from the WRAM show in NY and am so disappointed ! They had NOTHING their that I needed for my 110 ! I stopped at my LHS onthe way home and ordered 4 Hitec 7954sh servos. Not bad price either $75ea.. Now I need to go online and order my standoffs servo arms and a few other things.. My dad got a sweet deal on a DLE 111 for $599. He says I can use it if I want,but I have a DA 100 in my Cap I'm putting in it !
Frank
xtraflyr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:27 PM
  #1778
Stormrider5
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beaverton, MI
Posts: 15
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Mine arrived Wednesday and I just came out of the trailer and it's Friday wow! Everything is 100% nice job shipping. I have been busy putting her together little by little. I hope the DA120 gets here first of the week.
Stormrider5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:27 PM
  #1779
diamondave
 
diamondave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: marana, AZ
Posts: 2,729
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

anybody get any pop ups from their anitvirus visiting this site lately? last couple times on i get a warning, was a trojan horse, now it just says "eploit blocked", not sure what exactly is trigering but its only this site, any time i open a new page i get a new warning.....didnt ever do it before....i may give up an stick to the other site.....i dont think its anything serious but its very annoying
diamondave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:13 PM
  #1780
xtraflyr
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Randolph, NJ
Posts: 2,295
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: diamondave

anybody get any pop ups from their anitvirus visiting this site lately? last couple times on i get a warning, was a trojan horse, now it just says ''eploit blocked'', not sure what exactly is trigering but its only this site, any time i open a new page i get a new warning.....didnt ever do it before....i may give up an stick to the other site.....i dont think its anything serious but its very annoying
Nope nothing on my side..

Frank
xtraflyr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:43 AM
  #1781
SteveD-RCU
 
SteveD-RCU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Sault Ste Marieont, CANADA
Posts: 926
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: xtraflyr


Quote:
ORIGINAL: diamondave

anybody get any pop ups from their anitvirus visiting this site lately? last couple times on i get a warning, was a trojan horse, now it just says ''eploit blocked'', not sure what exactly is trigering but its only this site, any time i open a new page i get a new warning.....didnt ever do it before....i may give up an stick to the other site.....i dont think its anything serious but its very annoying
Nope nothing on my side..

Frank
No..never had a problem from this site....
SteveD-RCU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:17 AM
  #1782
diamondave
 
diamondave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: marana, AZ
Posts: 2,729
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

well it 1st started when i would ad a pic, when that little window poped up id get a virus pop up, then it went to anytime a page opend, even after i post something, did that for almost a week, after posting my message last night it majically stopped doing it, today seems fine.....
diamondave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:55 PM
  #1783
celestron10ngt
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: , NY
Posts: 8
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

What a WRAM let down...

I drove from Nassau to the Wram show today.

I was a little disappointed there were fewer vendors there and they were selling a lot of the small ready to fly electric plastic and foamy planes. The swap shop was half full. They had good deals on engines and radios. One booth was selling these huge gas boats complete for 399 which is really cheap. I remember when the basement was full of vendors an they had the display upstairs.

I wanted to get back into the hobby and all I wanted was a 60 sized trainer. I think I only saw one 40 ARF Trainer there at local hobby store and it wasnt even a deal at 360 complete. I am also into gliders and they didn have any there either. I left with my cash in my pocket and went home planeless.

It was a good day out of the house and I renewed my AMA. But was not the best way to spend 25 in gas 12 for tolls 12 for the show ticket and 5 for parking

I guess I need to mailorder....
celestron10ngt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:01 PM
  #1784
xtraflyr
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Randolph, NJ
Posts: 2,295
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: celestron10ngt

What a WRAM let down...

I drove from Nassau to the Wram show today.

I was a little disappointed there were fewer vendors there and they were selling a lot of the small ready to fly electric plastic and foamy planes. The swap shop was half full. They had good deals on engines and radios. One booth was selling these huge gas boats complete for 399 which is really cheap. I remember when the basement was full of vendors an they had the display upstairs.

I wanted to get back into the hobby and all I wanted was a 60 sized trainer. I think I only saw one 40 ARF Trainer there at local hobby store and it wasnt even a deal at 360 complete. I am also into gliders and they didn have any there either. I left with my cash in my pocket and went home planeless.

It was a good day out of the house and I renewed my AMA. But was not the best way to spend 25 in gas 12 for tolls 12 for the show ticket and 5 for parking

I guess I need to mailorder....
I was also very disappointed! I went there Friday to get some servos,and servo arms and a few other things,only to find they had nothing I needed or wanted. It's more of a big Flea Market anymore ! I ended stopping at my LHS on the way home and ordering my servos.. But it was good to see some flying friends and the show means it's getting close to the flying season !

Frank
xtraflyr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:34 AM
  #1785
Stormrider5
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beaverton, MI
Posts: 15
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: diamondave

anybody get any pop ups from their anitvirus visiting this site lately? last couple times on i get a warning, was a trojan horse, now it just says "eploit blocked", not sure what exactly is trigering but its only this site, any time i open a new page i get a new warning.....didnt ever do it before....i may give up an stick to the other site.....i dont think its anything serious but its very annoying
I could not get in to the forms at all last night or this morning my ISP kept blockingtelling me that this site was corrupt with the Exploit Virus. I did some searching and found that the administrators are aware of the problem. It look as though this has been a problem in the past also. I like this site to much but not enough to lose a computer over.
Stormrider5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:46 AM
  #1786
diamondave
 
diamondave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: marana, AZ
Posts: 2,729
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

yeh just clicked back when i got an email about a reply, its doing it again, i may stay off for a few days and see if they fix it......fg is a good place to spend time meanwhile
diamondave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:52 AM
  #1787
Stormrider5
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beaverton, MI
Posts: 15
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

I am confusing myself on engine choice I know it is going to be a DA but not sure which one the 100 or the 120 I plan on running carbon fiber tune pipes and maybe smoke but that's not wrote in stone at this point. I am running 9 HS-7955TG servos Smart-fly competition 12 and 123s.
Stormrider5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:24 PM
  #1788
gboulton
 
gboulton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: La Vergne, TN
Posts: 3,743
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Happened to FINALLY get around to putting a 28" prop (Xoar 28-10) on the DLE 111 in mine this weekend, moving from the old 27B Bunny Prop I had been running.

Wow, that's a whole different airplane.  Much less wing rock in harriers, ailerons more responsive in a hover, much more consistent downline speed.  All in all, a much happier pilot.

Hoping the DLE will handle the 28" prop in the hot summer months...going to just have to keep an eye on temps as things warm up.
gboulton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:51 PM
  #1789
Barry Cazier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Posts: 3,931
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Stormrider5

I am confusing myself on engine choice I know it is going to be a DA but not sure which one the 100 or the 120 I plan on running carbon fiber tune pipes and maybe smoke but that's not wrote in stone at this point. I am running 9 HS-7955TG servos Smart-fly competition 12 and 123s.
I'd probably go with the 120. Mine has a 100 in it with pipes. This is a heavy plane. My weighs nearly 30lbs. I can get about 45-46 lbs thrust which seems pretty decent, but more power is always a good thing. I'm also at nose bleed elevation. If you are at sea level or less than 3000' you may be fine with the 100. I'm not disappointed in mine but I feel like it could use a little more. It pulls smartly out of a hover but not anything like a rocket. It is, however, unlimited in vertical. It's a great flying plane. You'll love it, I'm sure....with either engine. I run a 27x10 on mine. I don't think I could pull a 28" prop.
thanks
barry

Barry Cazier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:58 PM
  #1790
xtraflyr
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Randolph, NJ
Posts: 2,295
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Hey guys,
Did you cross or not cross the rudder pull pull cables? It looks like they an go straight on to me,just want to make sure before I commit to it !

Frank
xtraflyr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 PM
  #1791
gboulton
 
gboulton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: La Vergne, TN
Posts: 3,743
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: xtraflyr

Hey guys,
Did you cross or not cross the rudder pull pull cables? It looks like they an go straight on to me,just want to make sure before I commit to it !

Frank
Mine are crossed.

gboulton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:26 AM
  #1792
diamondave
 
diamondave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: marana, AZ
Posts: 2,729
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: gboulton

Happened to FINALLY get around to putting a 28'' prop (Xoar 28-10) on the DLE 111 in mine this weekend, moving from the old 27B Bunny Prop I had been running.

Wow, that's a whole different airplane. Much less wing rock in harriers, ailerons more responsive in a hover, much more consistent downline speed. All in all, a much happier pilot.

Hoping the DLE will handle the 28'' prop in the hot summer months...going to just have to keep an eye on temps as things warm up.
i went from a 27B to a mej 28-10 with my 111 and it was a big improvement, even in the late summer here in arizona it was great, i have since switched to a biela 28-10, the mej was kinda loud sometimes and i started doing more imac, anyway the biela is way wider and i droped about 400 rpms from the mej, but it performs better imo, quiter and pulls every bit as hard as the mej did, doesnt need as many rpms to do the same work with that wider blade, anyway i would assume the xoar you have is even less load than the biela and maybe the mej, so you should be good to go in any weather i would think.....

btw no virus pop up this morning
diamondave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:13 AM
  #1793
gboulton
 
gboulton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: La Vergne, TN
Posts: 3,743
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Good info, dave.  I'll keep an eye on things, but that suggests I'm on the right track.
gboulton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:04 AM
  #1794
Barry Cazier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Posts: 3,931
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

I want to try a 3 blade prop on mine to quiet it down a bit. I'm running a 27x10 and am pretty satisfied with the thrurst: 45-46lbs.
What are you guys best guess for similar performance with a 3 blade? They are expensive. I don't want to buy 10 or so just to evaluate.
Thanks
Barry
Barry Cazier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:53 PM
  #1795
xtraflyr
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Randolph, NJ
Posts: 2,295
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Barry Cazier

I want to try a 3 blade prop on mine to quiet it down a bit. I'm running a 27x10 and am pretty satisfied with the thrurst: 45-46lbs.
What are you guys best guess for similar performance with a 3 blade? They are expensive. I don't want to buy 10 or so just to evaluate.
Thanks
Barry
I think they say,down 3 in dia. up 2 in pitch? 24x12?
Frank
xtraflyr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:03 PM
  #1796
gboulton
 
gboulton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: La Vergne, TN
Posts: 3,743
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Wow...would a sufficiently small 3-blade even get out past the edges of the cowl on this bird??
gboulton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:57 PM
  #1797
diamondave
 
diamondave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: marana, AZ
Posts: 2,729
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

i heard the 24-12 wasnt enough for a 111, which i think is similar to your 100 on pipes? so a 25-10 or 12, or a 26-10 if its really strong engine, i was very close to buying a 25-10 for noise like you, but was concerned about lack of thrust, thats why i tried the biela 28-10 1st, if it was too much prop i would have tried a 3blade, im very happy with the biela 28, it really did quite the plane down and i lost nothing in power, actually gained i think, id reccommend the biela, its a much wider blade than the mj 28 was, thats why i droped rpms but still kept power.....anyway i cant remember where i saw those posts about the 3 blade, may have been on the 110 thread over on fg a while back
diamondave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:11 PM
  #1798
diamondave
 
diamondave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: marana, AZ
Posts: 2,729
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

barry i found the post i was refering too, on the other site in the 111 thread, which like i said i heard is similar pwerwise to a 100 on pipes, anyway the guy there said a 24-12 wasnt enough, the 25-12 was a little too much, the 25-10 was perfect.......
diamondave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:20 AM
  #1799
Barry Cazier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Posts: 3,931
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Thanks Dave.
I'm gonna measure the cowl and see if a 25" prop would stick out. I think I'll try one. I'll go with the 25x10. I'm really wanting to try a 3 blade. I've heard different opinions (what else is new LOL). Some say they put out more thrust.
I'm pretty sure my engine wouldn't pull your 28" prop. I'm just not getting the power. But everybody seems to have more power and thrust than I do....
Anyways, thanks for the info.
Barry
Barry Cazier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:27 PM
  #1800
JoeAirPort
 
JoeAirPort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,259
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

I just heard today from cjcycles that a Mej 25x12 3-blade works really well on a DA120 on stock mufflers on this Yak. Like 6500. DLE-111 would probably be like Frank said....24x12.
JoeAirPort is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:19 PM.