Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1811

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Extreme Flight 110

ORIGINAL: Nogyro

ORIGINAL: Barry Cazier

Oh...so far the 7950 seems to be adequate on the rudder. The KE loop certainly was easy enough and KE flight is easy with no decernable blow back. Holds very sold in a high alpha. I think it'll be fine for the way I fly.

Thanks
    Barry
    Barry,

I'm going to be getting one of the 110's and was considering putting just one of the 7950's on the rudder. It's working out ok for you so far eh?

I've been flying my PAU 36% Edge with two of the 5955's with no trouble at all, but wanted to keep the weight down on the big Yak as much as possible.....
    So far I've tried just about every stunt and the servo is holding up well and seems to be plenty of torque for the plane. I fly pretty slow though. But it will certainly do a KE loop, high alpha KE, flat spins, with no blow back that I can tell. I have triple rates and do almost everything (except flat spins) on medium rates. So far I'm happy with the single servo.
    Thanks
    Barry

my one 8711 has been fine for almost a year now, i do plan to replace it with just one hitech once the jitters start, so far none, but i am happy with one servo set up, btw frank you dont need to be overly concerned about weight with this one, tons of wing area, mine is just under 29, i flew charles's at just over 30 i think, cant tell any difference, still floats like a butterfly

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ive been following this forum for a while and ive decided to get a yak 110 for sure. i almost went with aeroworks yak qb but this forum has changed my mind.. The only problem is extreme flight is always out of stock with these planes. how come they can't order enough to meet the demand for them.. might be after christmas before i can get one.. bummer.
    If i was exterme flight id keep a wharehouse of the planes in stock..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would say their sales exceeds the production. That just tells you how good these planes are.. It's worth the wait..Trust me!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: diamondave

my one 8711 has been fine for almost a year now, i do plan to replace it with just one hitech once the jitters start, so far none, but i am happy with one servo set up, btw frank you dont need to be overly concerned about weight with this one, tons of wing area, mine is just under 29, i flew charles's at just over 30 i think, cant tell any difference, still floats like a butterfly
    I would like to keep the weight down to 27 or so. I've been flying my PAU 36% Edge/DA100 combo at 25 lb. 5 oz. minus the wheel pants. The Edge has 2123 sq. in. of wing which is just a tad less than the EF 110. So to say I've been spoiled from flying a plane with light wing loading is an understatement.
    Frank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would like to keep the weight down to 27 or so. I've been flying my PAU 36% Edge/DA100 combo at 25 lb. 5 oz. minus the wheel pants. The Edge has 2123 sq. in. of wing which is just a tad less than the EF 110. So to say I've been spoiled from flying a plane with light wing loading is an understatement.
    You would be suprized how lite they feel at 30lbs with pipes. I'm curious to see what you think after you fly it. I have a feeling you are going to have a new benchmark when you talk about how light a plane feels. Did you make it to the Atlanta Huckfest?
    Charles
    Fly Extreme!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: keith124

ive been following this forum for a while and ive decided to get a yak 110 for sure. i almost went with aeroworks yak qb but this forum has changed my mind.. The only problem is extreme flight is always out of stock with these planes. how come they can't order enough to meet the demand for them.. might be after christmas before i can get one.. bummer.
    If i was exterme flight id keep a wharehouse of the planes in stock..
    Keith,

The 110 is well worth the wait. I preordered mine as soon as I heard about the prototype 104". It took almost a year before the first shipment came in. I'm sure glad I waited. It is absolutely my favorite airplane I've every had or flown. I have several others but if I had to get down to only one it would be the last one to go. The best way to decribe the way it flys is like it's filled with helium. It has a very Crisp and Responsive feel but is also one of the smoothest feeling planes.

Charles
    Fly Extreme!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Charles,

No, I didn't make it to the Atlanta Huckfest. I've heard about it for a couple of years, but haven't been able to make the trip down.

I just hope EF gets their shipment in sometime in the near future. [:@] I've never owned a Yak before and I'm really chomping at the bit to get one...
    Frank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok thanks, I'm on the list. im sure ill be happy with it. if i can just be patient now.haaa
    I have a aeroworks edge 540 that i fly in the mean time. it flys ok.. 105 wing span weight is 28.5 lbs..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tr49149.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	1323850  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Charles,

No, I didn't make it to the Atlanta Huckfest. I've heard about it for a couple of years, but haven't been able to make the trip down.

I just hope EF gets their shipment in sometime in the near future. [:@] I've never owned a Yak before and I'm really chomping at the bit to get one...
    I've owned Caps, Edges, Extras, and Yaks, and a Sukhoi. (all 50cc class or larger) I keep going back and forth trying to find the perfect plane. So far I like the Sukhoi the best but they don't make it any more. I love the Edges also but everytime I get one I keep comparing it to the Yaks. Bottom line....I like the Yak planes. They are really cool. With the one exception of my 35% Sukhoi, the Yaks are the best. And maybe my new 100cc Yak will match the Sukhoi after I get used to it. However, I've flown the wheels off of it already and I'm still getting used to it.

You'll love your Yak. Hard to find fault with them.

Thanks
    barry

kieth my buddy had the aw 100cc yak and my 110 next to his was was amazing, his didnt even look like the same size cc plane, mine dwarfed it, and he flew both and mine was the better choice, not saying anything bad about the aw, but the 110 has more wing area and was lighter, and way more impressive on the ground and in the air, i think you made the right choice....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got notified that EF was shipping the 110" Yaks. I've got one coming in the original color scheme along with a new DA100L and some SWB servo arms. Should be here next week! Now that's one heck of a christmas present to buy yourself.

Now what can I get the wife to smooth things over.
    Frank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Frank,

Well congratulations, you must be pretty excited! Merry Xmas! I don't know about your wife, but I had to order mine several Sebart Sukhoi's to balance out my recent EF 88" Yak order. (grin) Best of luck with the new plane, someday I will get the 110" as well it looks fantastic.

James

I just got notified that EF was shipping the 110'' Yaks. I've got one coming in the original color scheme along with a new DA100L and some SWB servo arms. Should be here next week! Now that's one heck of a christmas present to buy yourself.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got notified that EF was shipping the 110'' Yaks. I've got one coming in the original color scheme along with a new DA100L and some SWB servo arms. Should be here next week! Now that's one heck of a christmas present to buy yourself.

Congratulations......

I'll bet you love the plane. Be sure and tighten you wheel collars.

Thanks
    BArry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Barry Cazier

Congratulations......

I'll bet you love the plane. Be sure and tighten you wheel collars.

Thanks
    BArry
    LOL, I've been following your mishap with the wheel collar. [&o] Sad to say, but I learned that lesson years back. I always grind a flat spot on the axle for the set screw of the wheel collar, then blue locktite, then a piece of tight fuel tubing over the axle from the collar to the end of the axle. But....... don't let the tubing extend over the end of the axle. It will eventually "walk" it's way off the axle. Been there done that as well. LOL

I'm looking forward to the big Yak. I love my PAU Edge, but I think it lacks a bit in the area of precision flying. I don't compete in IMAC, but I do enjoy flying the Sportsman sequence to the best of my ability. The Edge just doesn't groove like my 33% H9 Extra does, but man it's a 3D machine..... I'm hoping the EF Yak will give me the best of both worlds. From all the video's I've seen, it appears like it will do just that.
    Frank

let me know what works on your wife and i will try the same

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

let me know what works on your wife and i will try the same
    I'm not sure I can post here what I had to do last night to get in her good graces again. haha Seriously, I've got a wonderful wife when it comes to this hobby. She knows I won't go out and spend endlessly when it comes to this stuff. I've been talking about this plane for 6 mths. now and looking in the classifieds for something used in good shape, but never found anything to my liking. She wasn't surprised when I told her I ordered it yesterday.

My Edge has seen two full seasons of flying now, and it's really the only plane I fly. The Yak is going to be a nice change........ Can't wait.
    Frank

yeh my wife is usually pretty good about it too, shed rather me go flying with the old men then be out on the harley by myself, she thinks i end up flirting with bar tenders, so she does like me flying on the weekends she works, problem is lately moneys been tight and im having a harder time than i thought finding a job here since my move, luckily i got this plane when things were better

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I took filing the flat on the axle one step further. I use a dremmel to grind a mini "scoop" on the axle (use a small drum or even smaller if you have it...just big enough for the set screw tip.) Then I use plenty of locktite on the set screw. That way you have actually a captive set screw. You would have to shear the set screw to get my wheels to fall off. The wheel collar can't slide off, it can't even rotate. The set screw is stuck in this mini "scoop". I was worried that maybe I was weakening the axle by doing this but the "scoop" that I dremmel out is not in the part of the axle that gets all the load from the plane. That's at the root of the axle on the opposite end of the wheel collar. Besides the scoop is only deep enough to hold the set screw on under a heavy side load that's it. Anyway this idea really works. When I have to remove my wheels the wheel collar won't slide off until I back the set screw way out. Also I only use the Dubro high quality wheel collars. The set screws don't strip.
    Joe AP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have to do something with my old school tailwheel on my 88Yak. The damn collar keeps slipping and the tailwheel bracket is getting wore out... Time for the newer EF style tailwheel !!
    www.njjf.org
    www.njjf.freeforums.org
    www.myspace.com/xtraflyr
    www.extremeflightrc.com
    www.gsrcrc.com

jb weld, haha

i havent had too much trouble with the wheel collar moving with a flat spot on the axle, its the darn set screw stripping out either when im tightening or trying to loosen, the allen wrench rounds out the head of the screw, its not the screw threads

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know many wheel collars suffer from that. The Dubros are better. Thing is if you do what I mentioned above, and use lock tite, there's no reason to gorilla the set screws in. They stay put just snugged down.
    Joe AP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I also just pulled the trigger my yak 110 is otw also. went with original scheme since they have no idea when the yellow and black will be in stock. Actually my wife talked me into getting it now rather than wait.. Good wife huh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: keith124

I also just pulled the trigger my yak 110 is otw also. went with original scheme since they have no idea when the yellow and black will be in stock. Actually my wife talked me into getting it now rather than wait.. Good wife huh
    To be honest I think the yellow and black doesn't look as good in person as it does in the photos. It also was harder to see in the air than I thought it would be.
    Not a YAK.

Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast