Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1811

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Extreme Flight 110

I got my Yak today...... You couldn't ask for better packaging. If anything would have been damaged, it sure wouldn't have been EF's fault. It was all double boxed and wrapped, good job EF. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

I won't bore you with too many pics because I'm sure most of them are somewhere in this thread anyways. Just a couple with the cowl next to a 5 gallon bucket, and my fuse with a 12" steel ruler next to it. Also I wanted to see how much larger the airframe of the Yak was going to be than my 36% PAU Edge. They both have essentially the same wing area, but I've always felt like the Edge was a bit shy on fuselage size. The pic with the cowl on the Edge says it all. The extra area of the fuselage should really help out with knife edge performance!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db84907.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	1329462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ez83501.jpg 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	1329463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sx62510.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	1329464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ha78882.jpg 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	1329465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oz29594.jpg 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	1329466  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sj72458.jpg 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	1329467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qs27589.jpg 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	1329468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cb93765.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	1329469  
    Frank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man I would love to have BOTH of those planes. Nice.
    Joe AP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A freshie!

ORIGINAL: Nogyro

I got my Yak today...... You couldn't ask for better packaging. If anything would have been damaged, it sure wouldn't have been EF's fault. It was all double boxed and wrapped, good job EF. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

I won't bore you with too many pics because I'm sure most of them are somewhere in this thread anyways. Just a couple with the cowl next to a 5 gallon bucket, and my fuse with a 12'' steel ruler next to it. Also I wanted to see how much larger the airframe of the Yak was going to be than my 36% PAU Edge. They both have essentially the same wing area, but I've always felt like the Edge was a bit shy on fuselage size. The pic with the cowl on the Edge says it all. The extra area of the fuselage should really help out with knife edge performance!

Ultra Sport Brootherhood 147

thats a funny pic of the cowl over the others nose

this cowl is so darn big, i had to buy and carry special tools to adjust my carb mixtures.....my zdz is rear carb, i want to make adjustments when needed without taking cowl off, so i have a hole in the top which i cover with a ef fuel dot, looks great, but i had to buy a extra long thin screw driver to make it down to the screws, and carry a miny flashlight to see down in there, sometimes i have to take the canapy off and fish the pen light up to shine on the screws, last time i got lucky and was able to do it from the front through the luevers, but anyway my point is that its almost like trying to look into a dark basement or something in there

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea, that is a funny picture of the cowl over the Edge cowl, that's why I put it up there.

I hear you on the adjusting the rear carbs........... I make my own screwdrivers for those type of applications. You can take a piece of 4-40 rod whatever length you need, bend the last inch of it on one end 90 degrees for a handle, then peen the other end with a hammer to make your screwdriver. You can touch it up with the Dremel. Put the flat on it so it lines up with the handle. That way you can line it up with the slot in the needle easier, and you can tell when you've turned it 1/16th or a 1/12th of a turn....
    Frank

good idea, the one i both from ace was like a golden nugget or something, they didnt have it on the shelf with the rest of the screw drivers, had to ask someone to go get a key and unlock it from its fortrace, it works, but your idea would be nice too, i scratched a straight line in line with the head on the handle end of mine so i can tell its orintation when going deep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: diamondave

good idea, the one i both from ace was like a golden nugget or something, they didnt have it on the shelf with the rest of the screw drivers, had to ask someone to go get a key and unlock it from its fortrace,
    LOL
    Frank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thought you might enjoy these photos..I'm building this for a guy and it flies on 4 6S lipos...200amp ESC....This is going to be awesome..Can't wait to see her fly!!

Name:	Ig11215.jpg 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	1332107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up48278.jpg 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	1332108   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gm22206.jpg 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	1332109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uo34815.jpg 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	1332110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ny26155.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	1332111  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i got my yak a couple of days ago. what servo arm lenghts are you guys using on elevator. i got swb 1.5 and im only getting about 37 degree throw on high rates..
    how much do you really need on elevator?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's the set up I was planning on using tomorrow on my Yak as well. I read were some of the guys have dropped down to the lower hole on the control horn to get more throw. If you measure the distance from the hinge line to the outer hole, I believe it was 1 3/4". Probably why we're not going to get 45 degree throws with a 1 1/2" servo arm........ Do you have your ATV's in your transmitter set to maximum?

BTW, if you drop down to the lower hole, I think you have to use a longer pushrod as well.
    Frank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's the set up I was planning on using tomorrow on my Yak as well. I read were some of the guys have dropped down to the lower hole on the control horn to get more throw. If you measure the distance from the hinge line to the outer hole, I believe it was 1 3/4''. Probably why we're not going to get 45 degree throws with a 1 1/2'' servo arm........ Do you have your ATV's in your transmitter set to maximum?

BTW, if you drop down to the lower hole, I think you have to use a longer pushrod as well.
    Yes they are maximum.d/r and end piont adjustments. going to the lower hole in control horn gave me 40 degrees higher hole gave me 37 degrees. how much throw do we need?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mowery1

Thought you might enjoy these photos..I'm building this for a guy and it flies on 4 6S lipos...200amp ESC....This is going to be awesome..Can't wait to see her fly!!

Awesome I'd like to see some video of that flying.
    Ultra Sport Brootherhood 147

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: keith124

i got my yak a couple of days ago. what servo arm lenghts are you guys using on elevator. i got swb 1.5 and im only getting about 37 degree throw on high rates..
    how much do you really need on elevator?
    I'm using 1.5" arms and the outer hole. I opened up the slots and got 45 deg. up and down. You have to get them equally programmed to get that much throw.
    Charles
    Fly Extreme!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cjcyclesrc

I'm using 1.5'' arms and the outer hole. I opened up the slots and got 45 deg. up and down. You have to get them equally programmed to get that much throw.
    Good to hear the 45 degrees is doable with the 1.5" servo arm and the outer hole on the control horn. I'm using Hitec 7955's and I have the programmer, so getting the servo throw maxed out shouldn't be a problem then.
    Frank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm using 1.5'' arms and the outer hole. I opened up the slots and got 45 deg. up and down. You have to get them equally programmed to get that much throw.
    Good to hear the 45 degrees is doable with the 1.5'' servo arm and the outer hole on the control horn. I'm using Hitec 7955's and I have the programmer, so getting the servo throw maxed out shouldn't be a problem then.
    The ends of the slots have to be opened up enough so the ball link can go into the stab. The allen head holding the ball link ends up being flush with the surface of the stab at full throw.
    Charles
    Fly Extreme!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The ends of the slots have to be opened up enough so the ball link can go into the stab. The allen head holding the ball link ends up being flush with the surface of the stab at full throw.
    They mentioned in the manual that the slots "may" have to be opened up. Nice to know how much.

When I installed my servo, the end of the slot towards the trailing edge was long enough for the 1.5" servo arm to swing up through. The other end lacked quite a bit, so I might just have to lengthen the one side. We'll see. If this is a common modification, why not just do it at the factory?????

One other change I made was in the hinging of the ailerons. I've noticed that the supplied Robart style hinges that are provided with the ARF's today don't have the quality of the true Robarts. The outer hinges on the ailerons on my 36% PAU Edge have started to wear at the pin after 500 or so flights. I was going to add a second hinge at the outer end of the aileron, but to do it properly I would have had to cut into the wing and ailerons and add blocks where the hinge would go. Instead, I just replaced the inboard and outboard hinges with true"Robart" hinges. When you compare them side by side with what comes with the plane, you can really see the difference in quality where the metal center pin is installed. The Robarts are nice and snug, where the stock ones are a bit thinner, and have slop in the knuckle joint. Nothing more of a PITA than having to cut the control surfaces off after several years of flying to replace the hinges. Maybe this will eliminate that.....
    Frank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Myself and others have similar experiences. For how cheap the Robarts are I'll probably do the same thing. Hinges are not something you want to have to do twice. I looked at the bottom of my 88" Yak recently and noticed that my servo arms opened up that slot (on one side) all by themselves....whups !!! The slots are very easy to open up with a hobby knife. It's just balsa sheet.
    Joe AP

i realized something interesting while messing around with props, my 27A makes the plane more stable at low speeds, compared to a mej26-10(still stable but seems more with vess), and i noticed my aileron roll is quicker with the vess also, seems wierd, im getting a little less rpm, and its the same speed or slower in flight, but it definetly seemed to make a difference...wacky, so the vess is still my 1st choice

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's the set up I was planning on using tomorrow on my Yak as well. I read were some of the guys have dropped down to the lower hole on the control horn to get more throw. If you measure the distance from the hinge line to the outer hole, I believe it was 1 3/4''. Probably why we're not going to get 45 degree throws with a 1 1/2'' servo arm........ Do you have your ATV's in your transmitter set to maximum?

I droped to the lower hole on mine. I also cut of the top part of the horn to avoic any interverance. I'm using a SWB 1.5" servo arm. I'm using the stock ball link and pushrod. I used the HiTec programmer and all possible travel with my radio. I spent a lot of time on this. I eventually got 42* up and 53* down. That seems to work pretty good. I can do real decent flat spins. That's what takes the most travel. My inverted flat spins are nice and I can even pick up the throttle a little bit and get them spinning pretty good. Something I could never do with the 88". On my new 88" I'm going to spend a lot of time trying to max out the travel. It really helps. Oh and I needed to cut away one end of the hole to get it to get max travel. Harriers and other thing don't really take all that much travel....but flat spins and waterfalls are the real test.

Have fun building that Yak....

Thanks
    Barry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i realized something interesting while messing around with props, my 27A makes the plane more stable at low speeds, compared to a mej26-10(still stable but seems more with vess), and i noticed my aileron roll is quicker with the vess also, seems wierd, im getting a little less rpm, and its the same speed or slower in flight, but it definetly seemed to make a difference...wacky, so the vess is still my 1st choice
    Dave,
    I think the Vess just puts out more thrust. My belief is the Vess is a variable pitch of some kind. I think it loads the engine more even if it turns less RPM. You are simply getting more air flow over the ailerons than with the other prop. Kinda locks it in place.

Anyways....I like my Vess the best also. But I'm now using the 27B....it seems to give a little less maximum thrust but gives more thrust in the lower RPMs. Thus when you first hit it out of a hover the plane moves quicker even though it may not quite reach the max speed of the 27A. But I'm still expermenting. I only have 3 flights on each prop. But my fish scale tells me more thrust for the 27A at max RPM.

Thanks
    BArry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Barry Cazier

I droped to the lower hole on mine. I also cut of the top part of the horn to avoic any interverance. I'm using a SWB 1.5'' servo arm. I'm using the stock ball link and pushrod. I used the HiTec programmer and all possible travel with my radio. I spent a lot of time on this. I eventually got 42* up and 53* down. That seems to work pretty good. I can do real decent flat spins. That's what takes the most travel. My inverted flat spins are nice and I can even pick up the throttle a little bit and get them spinning pretty good. Something I could never do with the 88''. On my new 88'' I'm going to spend a lot of time trying to max out the travel. It really helps. Oh and I needed to cut away one end of the hole to get it to get max travel. Harriers and other thing don't really take all that much travel....but flat spins and waterfalls are the real test.

Have fun building that Yak....

Thanks
    Barry
    Well I spent most of the day playing with the linkage on one of the elevators. I could not get 45 degree throws using the outer hole on the control horn, stock pushrod and ball links, 1.5 swb servo arm, Hitec 7955 servo, and the Hitec programmer.... Ain't going to happen. I've got the programmer max'd out at 255 each direction, and I end up with around 40 degrees both ways. I'll either have to come in to the lower hole on the control arm, or get a longer servo arm. I measured 1.75" from the hinge line to the center of the outer hole on the control horn. I always thought you tried to match up the control arm length with the servo arm..... I know having a longer control arm will give you some torque advantage, but in this instance seems to me like a 1.5" horn would have worked better......

Towards the end of the day, I did come up with a modification that I'll do first thing on the other side to simplify things a bit. I added an 1/8" light ply spacer under the servo mounting tabs to move the servo towards the fuselage. By doing this, the servo arm is now offset from the control horn enough so when you install you linkages, they will be parallel with the servo arm and control horn instead of at an angle. Before doing this, when my servo was at full throw, the ball link was binding on the servo arm since I purposely left the small cone shaped spacer out from between the ball link and servo arm to help with the alignment.

Oh, one more thing, I swapped out the 3 mm ball links on the servo arm end and used Dubro 4-40's. I'll be darn if I was going to drill out all those swb servo arms. [X(]

Here's a few pictures of before and after the 1/8" light ply spacers were added......

Name:	Zx70659.jpg 
Size:	590.5 KB 
ID:	1333041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lg15839.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	1333042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ot47699.jpg 
Size:	415.9 KB 
ID:	1333043  
    Frank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DiamondDave,

Hmm, an interesting observation. I have noticed on some of my 3D planes that larger diameter props tended to improve aileron effectiveness, especially at low speeds which I attributed to the prop wash extending further out the wing so more of the aileron was in that flow. I have also noticed however that it is almost always easier for me to hover with a smaller diameter prop especially on planes where you are near or at full aileron deflection to try balance the prop torque. I haven't really noticed a difference in stability with different props but maybe. I really appreciate you getting all of this stuff figured out before I order my 110". (grin) That wil probably be a while though, first I want to really get a lot of time in on my 88".

James

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nogyro, no need to get new servo arms. Everybody just uses the lower hole in the control horn.
    Joe AP

barry, im not sure on stock mufflers if i could handle the 27b, i thinking im just going to stick with the A, getting around 6500 or so, i think id drop at least 300 maybe more with the B and i feel it would get too slugish for my liking, i didnt really like a 27-10 mej i tried, i liked the response from a 26-10 instead, im happy with it and i should be getting the jtecks sometime next week, not sure when i'll put them on but willbe interesting to see and hear if there is any difference....those guys at jteck are nice to talk with and get info from but man they are slow getting stuff out, plan in advance with them if you want anything

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast