Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

My Experience With Somenzini Aircraft Co

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

My Experience With Somenzini Aircraft Co

Old 01-24-2008, 11:02 PM
storklappe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Experience With Somenzini Aircraft Co

I posted the following on another site and want to post here as well to get the word out on a series of great experiences with a great company.

I want to tell you guys about the positive experiences I've had with Qui Que's Aircraft Company.

First, I have to start with Reza (he is the individual that runs QQAC's forums on this site and elsewhere, and writes their manuals). I badgered Reza with at least a million questions when I was trying to decide on a plane. He was always extremely helpful and never made me feel like I was asking stupid questions (even when I probably was). It was very clear that he wanted me to be happy with the plane I decided on. When I was not sure if the plane I wanted would fit in my truck, he invited me to his home so that we could check the fit using his plane. (It turns out that we live within a few miles of each other.) After I bought my plane, he followed up to make make sure I was satisfied with the plane I received (how many companies follow-up after the sale like this?). Finally, Reza even offered to maiden the plane and get it set up for me. This is significant because in addition to being a great guy, Reza is a world-class pilot.

I also would like to mention Qui Que himself. I met him at the AMA show where he took a lot of time to discuss his planes with my Dad and I and help me select the one that best fit my needs. Even after I signed up to buy the plane, Qui Que took the time to ask me about the equipment I planned to use and he made a number of helpful recommendations. In talking to him, it was obvious that it is not about the money for him, he clearly loves his planes and like Reza, he wants to make sure he has happy customers.

Finally, a word about Molly. She handled processing my order and getting it shipped etc. She could not have been nicer or more efficient (I suspect that Qui Que may own the company, but Molly runs the show).

I ended up buying a Python. All I can say is WOW! The fit and finish of this plane is amazing. I can hardly wait to fly it!

Based on my experience, I would strongly recommend considering the planes from QQAC when it is time for you to purchase your next plane. They are a world-class company with world-class products.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:58 AM
Hooked-On-RC
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: My Experience With Somenzini Aircraft Co

Well I like you had very positive experiences as well. I attended the AMA show in Ontario California and had numerous occasions to talk to both Reza and Quique. I had previously met Quique at a local flying event where I was introduced to him through a friend, he had never met me before and truly took an interest in how long I had been in the hobby and what sort of equipment I was flying. Then at the AMA show I reintroduced myself to him and we spoke at great lengths about his recent world championship. Now I had an ace in hand as I actually purchased one of QQ's Pythons through one of his distributors, a good friend of mine at Planebender Products before the AMA show and when I told QQ that, he was really pleased that I did so, but more importantly took the time to go over his display plane with me and point out hundreds of suggestions, I wish I had recorded the conversation as I think I have forgotten some of it. He gave me plenty of setup tips, prop suggestions, servo setup suggestions and even made a point of telling me that I did not need a second rudder servo as one was plenty for that plane (JR8711).

My experiences with Reza were very much the same way. He took the time to get to know me a little and asked some interesting questions about my experiences and then he gave me plenty of ideas as well. He took the time to talk to me which when you are at a show attended by thousands of people is very tough to do. He has returned my emails numerous times and has always answered any posts on the Python build forum. The thing I like the most is the fact that they (The QQAC) are very up front about things. They had an issue with the alignment of the cowl on the python and they took the time to remedy it on every kit before sending them out. Now I hear they are going to send out a set of landing gear for the Python for every customer that has recieved the milled gear to give them a slightly more robust gear.

Quique is a world class pilot, world champion and also a world class businessman. Reza is the same way! Also since purchasing the airplane through Planebender, the excellent service I received there as well goes without saying, Dave has been a great source of information and help! To the team at QQAC and Planebender, keep up the great work you are really second to none!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:07 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is not unusuall with QQ and the people there, everyone who posts concerning the service from then especially Molly has had a positive experience, I live in the UK and they could not have made it easier for me, a lot of other companies in the US that I have dealt with would do well to take note.

Mike
Old 01-25-2008, 06:35 AM
cwalsh

Hi,

I must say that the service from QQAC is great, Molly gets a special mention, very patient and capable.

I have Yak's 73 and 86, now ordering Python (will go with DA85)

BR,

C.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:55 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke with QQ at the Toledo expo a few years ago. He's a quality person, no attitude at all. For a person with his experience and skills, this is rare.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:38 PM
VinceY
My Feedback: (34)

Best in the business!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:56 PM
randy racer
My Feedback: (3)

thats what i have been screamin!!!! i have had 5 QQ planes so far and they have been great flying planes, and QQ air craft si #1 in service.[sm=lol.gif]

randy
Old 01-25-2008, 10:51 PM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

I have a similar story... I used to live in Ohio and me and my dad (he has now passed on) went to pick up my Yak and went to Wayne's house to pay for it because it was a Saturday and they were closed--Wayne would not let us leave until he and his wife took me a dad to lunch, and even paid for lunch! He spent pleny of time with us and he is an oustanding dude.... I still wish them all the success in the world.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:49 AM
octanehuffer

I too am very pleased with all at Quique's Aircraft Co. Dealt with Wayne, Molly, Alecia, Quique, and Reza. Very positive crew with any issue or not.
Adam
Old 01-26-2008, 02:34 PM
newshoundaussie

Glad to here everyone has had great experiences ! This is very unusual in this business, it's very hard to make everyone happy!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:57 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: newshoundaussie

it's very hard to make everyone happy!
Ain't that the truth. I think I'd go crazy. Lots of respect for those that do it well.