Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Carden ARF Yak (Hangar 9)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:47 AM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carden ARF Yak (Hangar 9)

ORIGINAL: Tonman

I built for a friend a 100 cc of one of these he is a 3-D pro at first I was saying easy man but after a hundred or more flights extreme 3-D its still fling 1.5 years I don't say anything cause I know its going to hold up, so if the 50cc is as good as the 100cc and if my cardens ever goes in I'd consider one of these
http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/88yak54.html
You should have saw this man sweat on the first few flights.. He was more nervous than I was!![X(][8D] The extreme flight probably has THE best reputation in this industry for the yak.. The plane has a more scale outline, is bigger, and both the 88" and 110" EF yak fly like a light 40%er.. They are built lightly but everyweekend the past few seasons I have beat on mine HARD.. I have done several REALLY rough harrier landings and the gear block is still holding.. I dropped so hard last time I broke the tailwheel bracket. It has a dent in the rudder from tail touches and has been brutally tumbled and snapped at WOT every direction. I am not the, "expert" like tony says but havent shown the plane any mercy and I am sure it will fly the same way next season..
Old 10-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Tonman

Hanco you asked about the best: unless someone out there has flown them all whom could advise with thier experience? these replies from us is just a two mans experience and to get this thread back on track as I said before I am loving this H-9 Cardens Yak in fact I handed the sticks to my friend the pro 3-D flyer whom put it thought the paces with no regrets to the plane so I am very happy with this one, I plan to ware it out!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 PM
StevL

I had a H9 Carden Yak and loved the way it flew & presented it self in the air. It had very light wing loading compared to all my other 50cc planes I had owned to that point (about 4 others). I did go over the entire airframe adding glue to all the joints I could reach. I also added some tri-stock in a couple places. Never had an issue... I sold this plane to build a 35% Pilot Yak and love it.....

I just built a EG MX2 50cc and it flies very light too (also 89" wing). The H9 Carden Yak was the first 50cc plane I had with a 89" wing, up until that point all my 50cc were 85 & 86 inch wings.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 10-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Tonman

Well team I sadly report I lost mine this past weekend, seems to be my luck this year as I have lost two 50cc planes, the first due to a dumb thumb move, and this one what I have come to believe a set up or choice of set up material failure, the throttle linkage came loose, I was to fast on the first attempt to land going down turning to come back as I guess I turned to quick getting to slow causing it to snap to the ground. I really liked the plane and would rather have another than any other 50cc planes out there, but I can not will not give the new cost so if anyone out there wants to move one price it to me?