Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Hitec 5985 lock up

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:14 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 5985 lock up

Well this is my second 5985 that has lock up both only had a dozen flights on them.I was lucky that they both did this on the ground and not in flight.Has anyone had the same trouble or did i just get a bad batch of servos. Any suggestions would help a lot,i am thinking about going back to the hitec 985 at lease i never had one of those lock up.i affraid to use these any more (5985)because one of these days their going to do it in flight.
Thanks for any help
Old 04-10-2008, 07:18 PM
FLYMIKE

Default RE: Hitec 5985 lock up

I have had a 985 in the rudder of my 74'' EF Yak for three seasons now and no play at all....no problems....havnt had the 5985 and havnt heard of any problems......
Old 04-10-2008, 07:59 PM
samtech

I've got a 5985 on the rudder of my Peak yak 25% and haven't had any trouble... Tell us about the rest of your system. Batteries, receiver, etc. How and where is it installed on your plane? Rudder, Pull pull... What where you doing when you noticed it locked up? Is your radio set up so you have 100% or less travel??? Binding??? Wet or oil soaked??? Maybe you got two duds in a row but it might be something else....Regulator????
I like to keep the blue smoke inside of all my magic boxes... but sometimes it gets out....
Old 04-11-2008, 06:10 AM
closetguy

i have a123 two cell for the rx 149dp futaba and the 5985's, one was in one side of elevator and the other was on a different plane, it was on the rudder with a pull-pull. the last plane when it happen it was on the bench and i was changing the throttle servo and i was moving the battery (a123) back 4" to change the CG.this was over 45 minutes while the rx was on then i started to work the controls and thats when this last one lock up. i have 100% travel on the elevator now,but had it dialed down with the dual rates on the radio. i have ball links on both sides of control rod. and the servo is mounted in the stab (no oil).
Old 04-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Most of the time on the big Hitec digi's its a power problem. If you are running a Y to both elevators you may need to use a differant channel for each servo. If you are already doing that, check your plugs from the servo to the reciever. You should also be using HD extensions on these servos.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:10 AM
crazyjoseph
My Feedback: (3)

I have 2 5945s in each wing of my 35% 260 and had one lock up after about 20 flights. I sent it in and had it repaired and now have close to 400 flights with no issues.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:40 AM
closetguy

i have the elevators on separate channels for easy adjustment and 20 gage servos ext. but i will check the servo ext. plug and maybe just cut it and solder the wires together?
Thanks for the replies i just want to find out if anyone was having any trouble with them like i am. or maybe i was doing something wrong. sometimes i think you are farther ahead to just get the analog servos,all they will do is just get the jitters, and give you a little warning.