Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Aero Works Python actual weight????

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Aero Works Python actual weight????

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 11:52 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aero Works Python actual weight????

Seems that the 17-18 pound advertised weight is elusive on this one.

Has anybody hit this weight range? (Increased from the initial 17 to 17 1/2 pounds)

What exactly does one have to do to be at or below 18 pounds 0 ounces?? I fly a JR X9303 with an AR9000 RX.

No replies on how well it flies at 19+ pounds please. I'm not interested in that as I've read previous posts.

Yes I do subscribe that lighter flies better. The AW Python is high on my next project list and I don't want to be disappointed expecting 18 pounds or less and have it at 19+ pounds.

Dave
Old 04-19-2008, 08:13 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Aero Works Python actual weight????

Mine is exactly 19 pounds with a DA50 and a Jtec large muffler, with a Lithium Ion ignition and an A123 main power pack. go back to the standard pitts muffler and the weight drops to somewhere around 18 10ounces.

I maidened mine today and I would say that at 19 pounds it flew fine. It would harrier and hover and all that, but the motor needs some breaking in. The DA50 is brand spanking new so its not turning up about about 6700 with a Vess 22B. I dont care how much it weighs as long as it flies well.

I would say to hit 18 pounds you would need to go with 2 Lithium Ion packs total on the lightest regs you can find. Simple HD switches, Lightened backplate on the spinner.

This is the honest truth. This may be the best looking airplane I have ever owned. It is absolutely beautiful in the air.