Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

H9/Carden Yak 54

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 12:00 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9/Carden Yak 54

I had a bet with the LHS,stating that it will be a month late.Its tough when you want a new untested plane,this late in the season...
Old 06-02-2008, 08:20 PM
DLEVETT
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: nitro wing

I had a bet with the LHS,stating that it will be a month late.Its tough when you want a new untested plane,this late in the season...
I hope that that your bet was for a free plane, cause it looks like your going to win.
I,m really like the looks and the outline of this particular Yak, The QQ Yak is extremely well built, but its colour scheme is just to darn busy for me.

Dave

Old 06-02-2008, 11:24 PM
nitro wing

No,no bet for a free plane ,just seems when these big anticipated releases get dated,the delivery date gets knocked way out for some reason.Sometimes its better to wait a full year,and see how things went with various build threads.
I dont like first runs,especially when there is pressure to get them on the boat.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:29 PM
MikeAndersonCA

Yaks have Landed! Mike McConville posted this on Flying Giants: The first shipment to our IL warehouse is here and we just finished the quality check. They look very good!
The shipment to our CA warehouse is at the dock. As soon as they get to our CA warehouse then we will ship to all dealers. That will be the week of June 16.
[/size]
Old 06-03-2008, 06:31 PM
DLEVETT

Well thats great news from Horizon. I,m pumped.
Hey Mike are you still interested in getting headers for the MVVS/Evolution 58 from the Netherlands?

Dave
Old 06-03-2008, 06:47 PM
MikeAndersonCA

ORIGINAL: DLEVETT

Well thats great news from Horizon. I,m pumped.
Hey Mike are you still interested in getting headers for the MVVS/Evolution 58 from the Netherlands?

Dave
Yes - BUT - I have to get the plane fit up with the engine 1st. Let's compare offsets when we get our Yaks & do a combo order.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:35 AM
DLEVETT

Sounds good Mike.
All of my stuff from TroyBuilt arrived yesterday, It came via USPS express post.
I,m all set now with equipment for my Yak.
It won,t be long now.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:18 AM
DLEVETT

Carden just released wing bags specifically for the H9/Carden Yak. At $90 its a pretty good price as well.
I looked at the CoverMe wing bags as well in a custom scheme along with rudder and stab covers.
They are awesome looking but the cost is a little prohibitive for me.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:34 AM
MikeAndersonCA

ORIGINAL: DLEVETT Carden just released wing bags specifically for the H9/Carden Yak.
I ordered my Carden bags on Tuesday! I am just about blinged out.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:44 AM
zzw26n
My Feedback: (45)

Carden just released wing bags specifically for the H9/Carden Yak. At $90 its a pretty good price as well.
I looked at the CoverMe wing bags as well in a custom scheme along with rudder and stab covers.

I couldn't find them? At the Horizon web-site? and are the Wingtote or Carden Wing Bags?

thanks, Ward
Old 06-07-2008, 08:50 AM
DLEVETT

ORIGINAL: zzw26n

I couldn't find them? At the Horizon web-site? and are the Wingtote or Carden Wing Bags?

thanks, Ward
The wing bags are available at Carden Aircraft under the wingbags-by-Caroline section. Go to the wing bags info section and scroll down they are listed just below the 30% bags.

Dave
Old 06-07-2008, 03:37 PM
fenway flyer

Yes i'll drink to the ship on it's arrival. I've been on the list for about 2 months, and last week my comp-arf hit the turf.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:20 PM
DLEVETT

That sucks about your Comp-Arf. The Yak should be a good replacement.
Has anybody got any perormance info regarding the Evolution pitts mufflers.
I got one of these so that I can fly the plane while I wait for a header, since I will have to take measurements from the plane and then generate the order from KS directly which I,m thinking is going to take 3-4 weeks at best before I,ve got it.
I just picked mine up from the LHS and it would seem that the 58GX muffler is actually smaller in size compared to my Evolution 45GX muffler.
It seems odd to me that a larger volume engine would have a smaller volume muffler.
One other thing, Chief Aircraft is reporting that they are shipping the Yaks on June11th. Thats only a couple of days from now!

thx
Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24065.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	965756  
Old 06-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Adrenalin2m

If your looking for a custom made header, try Karl Mueller he's made a few for me and there awesome, cheap and two weeks away and he is here in Canada.

http://www.rcaerobats.net/Mueller/Mu...tomHeaders.htm
Old 06-10-2008, 07:21 PM
DLEVETT

Yeah, thanks for the link.
I contacted Karl some time back about making a header but he only produces aluminium ones. I was hoping to get a stainless header like MTW and KS make.
I should have bought that Bisson muffler from you when I got the 58GX, but by the time I figured I wanted a pitts muffler to get me by for a few weeks yours had sold, my loss!
You,ve got me thinking though, I should return the Evolution pitts cause it really doesn,t look like its going to work all that well.
Then get Karl to make me a custom Alu header to use for the short term until the KS one arrives cause his turn around time is only a week once he receives the order.
Thanks for making me think about this a little more clearly Ed.

thx
Dave
Old 06-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Adrenalin2m

Yeah, thanks for the link.
I contacted Karl some time back about making a header but he only produces aluminium ones. I was hoping to get a stainless header like MTW and KS make.
I should have bought that Bisson muffler from you when I got the 58GX, but by the time I figured I wanted a pitts muffler to get me by for a few weeks yours had sold, my loss!
You,ve got me thinking though, I should return the Evolution pitts cause it really doesn,t look like its going to work all that well.
Then get Karl to make me a custom Alu header to use for the short term until the KS one arrives cause his turn around time is only a week once he receives the order.
Thanks for making me think about this a little more clearly Ed.

thx
Dave

Your welcome Dave but I didn't realize he only made aluminum ones, I thought he did the whole nine yards.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:07 PM
DLEVETT

Well guys,
The latest news from HH, but more importantly from Mike McConville himself is that the Yaks will be shipping to all dealers later this week.
That means that mine will be here late next week.
They,re close so close!
Old 06-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Kanain

Got confirmation that mine shipped today. Will hopefully be able to go pick it up from my LHS on Friday.

Question does anybody know if it is zero or what the drop is on the header for a MTW 75K on the Yak? I have looked everywhere and do not see any reference to the header.

Thx
Old 06-19-2008, 02:29 PM
DLEVETT

Hey Kule,
Once the airframes arrive and measurements taken/confirmed they will be available shortly thereafter.
Stay tuned for more info. My Yak won,t be here until next week as my LHS went to the border today for pickup and I can,t imagine that they arrived overnight in the warehouse in Buffalo.
It,ll be a long week waiting and watching the few guys that get one tomorrow.

Dave
Old 06-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Kanain

I received the call from my LHS this morning - the plane IS HERE. I will be picking it up this afternoon. More to follow
Old 06-20-2008, 01:07 PM
DLEVETT

Lets see some pics when you get it Kule.
I went by my LHS and even got them to call the warehouse in Buffalo. It hasn,t arrived yet.
I was going to drive down myself to pick it up.
Oh well gotta wait until next Thursday.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:18 PM
DLEVETT

ORIGINAL: Kule Kanain

Got confirmation that mine shipped today. Will hopefully be able to go pick it up from my LHS on Friday.

Question does anybody know if it is zero or what the drop is on the header for a MTW 75K on the Yak? I have looked everywhere and do not see any reference to the header.

Thx
The word directly from Mike McConville is a 25mm drop header is whats required for a DA50.

Dave
Old 06-21-2008, 04:20 AM
rcpete2

just got one, super nice!
Old 06-23-2008, 05:18 PM
oregonrc
My Feedback: (32)

Just received mine, as well. I'm going with the Evolution 58GX2 and their pitts muffler. 22 x 10 carbon 3 blade. Hitec 5955 titanium gear servos. SWB servo arms. Smart fly sport reg with their pin and flag switch. Topping it off with Fromeco lithium ion batteries. This should be one helluva machine. Beautiful covering job. No wrinkles whatsoever. Shouldn't take too long to get this plane from box to air!
Old 06-23-2008, 05:26 PM
DLEVETT

I,m glad to hear that yours came in good condition re the covering etc. Your equipment is pretty much what I plan on going with.
How about some pics guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.