Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Aeroworks 40% Yak 54 150cc QB

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Aeroworks 40% Yak 54 150cc QB

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Smacka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroworks 40% Yak 54 150cc QB

Hi Folks:
I am looking down the road at building a serious giant scale plane, and was wondering how people feel about the subject aircraft.

What does your experience tell you? In researching planes, this bird seems awesome!

Let 'er rip, guys & gals...what do you think?
Old 07-01-2008, 09:34 AM
fancman
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Aeroworks 40% Yak 54 150cc QB

ORIGINAL: Smacka

Hi Folks:
I am looking down the road at building a serious giant scale plane, and was wondering how people feel about the subject aircraft.

What does your experience tell you? In researching planes, this bird seems awesome!

You started this same kind of thread about smoke pumps a couple days ago. Why not go to the Aero Works tread and read what owners of this airplane say there instead of dropping a random question out here like this. All the info you need is readily available already.[]
Old 07-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Smacka

ORIGINAL: fancman

ORIGINAL: Smacka

Hi Folks:

You started this same kind of thread about smoke pumps a couple days ago. Why not go to the Aero Works tread and read what owners of this airplane say there instead of dropping a random question out here like this. All the info you need is readily available already.[]
Sorry to bother you. Just put me on your ignore list and be happy.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:29 AM
fancman

Easy enough to find info at Aero Works support thread instead of starting new thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6204685/tm.htm
Old 07-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Smacka

ORIGINAL: fancman

Easy enough to find info at Aero Works support thread instead of starting new thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6204685/tm.htm

I appreciate the information.

I think there is a minor misunderstanding of intent. I saw the separate Aeroworks support forum well before creating this request for feedback. I was not interested in what Aeroworks felt about their aircraft, or that of the Team Aeroworks pilots. I wanted the viewpoint of the average joe building and flying this plane. I reasoned this would be the most absolute unbiased opinion I would be able to achieve.

Since it is MY $2100.00 plus investment (with shipping), I do not feel I was out of line by posting this request for feedback. With that said, your first response to me (before it was deleted) was way out of line and NOT appreciated.

Enough said....time to move on.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:24 AM
fancman

Try this site.

http://carolinaskydancers.com/reviews/AW150CCYAK.html
Old 07-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Smacka

Thank you! This plane is going to be awesome...
Old 07-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

There is nothing wrong with him asking a general question to the GS 3D people.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:18 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Smacka, there is also a build thread/review on radiocontrolzone.com. It is my friend's plane and he built it as a review for MAN. I guess there might be a little bias there, but I helped him build it and I can tell you that the quality is simply phenomenal, even for Aeroworks standards. Flight performance is equally impressive. He is flying it in Sportsman and is currently second in the nation.
It will guaranteed come in at over 40 pounds if built stock, and closer to 41 if you use all the servos, but it shouldn't be a problem for you since you are near sea level. And it has plenty of wing area to fly light even at 43-44 pounds.
Bottom line, if you are in the market specifically for a Yak, there really isn't any better choice. Some will suggest the QQ120" Yak, but it's quality doesn't even begin to touch that of Aeroworks, and it's smaller and heavier.