Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

IMAA or Not

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 08:16 PM
Erich_F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAA or Not

How many of you fellow Giant Scale aircraft flyers out there bother with IMAA membership, just to participate in 1 or 2 fly-ins per year? I think that clubs that restrict their fly-ins to only IMAA members, are really limiting their fund raising and participant potential, just for the sake of IMAA sanctioning (meaningless).

I've participated in Big Birds that allow anyone with a Big Bird (defined as 80/60 or true 25% scale) to fly, and they draw 100-150 pilots and tons of spectators.

So, let the poll speak for itself, am I cheap *******, or just being reasonable?

Erich
Old 05-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Saberjock

Default IMAA or Not

I used to belong, but now I think that IMAA has flown it's course and is no longer relevant. Every club is half full of "big" planes now. Nothing special about them.

But thanks must go to IMAA for the initial learning curve. Tex.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Default IMAA or Not

This coming week.. Memorial Weekend our club Fresno Radio Modelers has a IMAA Giant Scale Flyin.

You don't even have to be a member of IMAA or any of that nonsense. Just have a 25% or 80" wingspan plane and show up and fly.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:23 PM
Randy-RCU

Default IMAA or Not

Up my way we have two IMAA events and you do not have to be a memeber

And here is a little experience I had the past week, I went to JN and thought I go and register, to my shock when I went to pay 30.00US to reg there told me I HAD TO HAVE IMAA and was basically trying to force me to pay a extra 20.00 to join IMAA just so I can sit my airplane on the grass

Needless to say..I didn't pay the 20.00 and JN was also out 30.00, Make alot of sence to you? I wasn;t the only one either as a matter of fact there that did the same.

Worse thing IMAA can do is try to FORCE ANYONE

Personally someone should be ashamed of trying to do that

Just like going to a car lot..Would you buy something if they tried to force it on you?

Randy
Old 05-18-2003, 11:22 PM
sleonard

Default Joe Nall

I was at Joe Nall on Saturday, and they would had to pay me $30 to fly there. I overheard some one at the registration area say they had over 500 registered flyer's and only 7 transmitters turned in at the transmitter impound. This was 2 hours after flying had started.

Sam