Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Wildhare 35%Sukhoi 26 with Brison 104

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Wildhare 35%Sukhoi 26 with Brison 104

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:07 PM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wildhare 35%Sukhoi 26 with Brison 104

Although there is a building thread about this airplane in the support forum I decided to open my ownand load it with plenty of pictures. The other one does not show enough pictures for my taste and we all wanna look more at pictures than read stories. Plus I will tell you about my experiences I am gonna gather while building this ARF. My intention is to put a Brison 104 under the hood of this airplane.
First impression about dealing with Wildhare was positive. You have to call or e-mail them if you wanna buy stuff. No fancy shopping basket or credit card information over the Net. The lady (her name is Pat)was very helpful and pacient with me, although having numerous questions regarding this kit. She told me they gonna ship via Greyhound, which, BTW, was surprisingly cheap. The Kit was shipped last Friday and, despite the Holiday on Monday, I got a phone call from our nearest Greyhound station by Tuesday morning. The two huge boxes arrived without any damage. Besides everything was double boxed. After opening I inspected everything thoroughly and found nothing wrong. All parts were wraped in thinn foam sheets and well protected. There is a limited hardware kit that comes with the plane, but you have to purchase your own hardware like wheels, tank and pushrods with clevises, etc. Or you can purchase a DU-BRO quallity set of hardware for $85.00 from Wildhare. I opted to pick my own at my LHS. They need my business as well. It probably tallies up the same. First I took a few pictures of the partially assembled airplane. I am very impressed with those "pocket hinges". I wished all airplanes would have these types. Sooo much more precise and practical. That means no hinging required, which is alone worth a days work. The next nice thing I noticed was the wing pockets. It looks sooo much cleaner when the wings are plugged in. The covering is UltraCote and very nicely done. Only a few wrinkles to iron out. The overall quality of the kit seems to be second to none. Although I am a very critical person I haven't found any areas of concern, yet. I will take my time building this airplane, so please don't expect me to be done with it by the next weekend. I also have to order me all necessary servos. Here is the list of servos I selected: four HiTec 5985MG for ailerones and elevator and one 7955TG for the rudder. A less expensive metal geared servo for the throttle. The next building step will be soaking all clue joints with thin CA and epoxy the motor box. But for now, here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13399.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1026270   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84377.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1026271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45506.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	39.5 KB