Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM AEROWORKS....

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM AEROWORKS....

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 03:10 PM
SinCityJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM AEROWORKS....

....Unless you're ready to receive your shipment IMMEDIATELY!

I just ordered a 40% Yak on Monday......it was here Wednesday. Colorado to Las Vegas via truck freight in TWO DAYS?? Honestly, when I ordered it, I thought $200 for shipping was a little high, but you see these THREE huge boxes arrive in two days, you have to wonder how they get it shipped for that cheap!

All packaging was the thin plywood exteriors, NO CARDBOARD. Then inside the wood crates were thick cardboard boxes and then of course the plane. I know most of you guys know this about Aeroworks already, but i was thoroughly impressed with the packaging and sheer MASS of this plane when it arrived.

A big thanks to Mark, Kim and Chuck at Aeroworks for getting this out so quickly!

Chad
Old 03-13-2009, 03:28 PM
flaminheli

Default RE: WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM AEROWORKS....

Well, they should refund the $200.00 shipping for that great advertisement you just gave them.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:30 PM
cjcyclesrc
My Feedback: (10)

LOL!! I thought what the crap when I saw the subject.

That is impressive. Just makes that new 100cc Extra 300 all that more tempting
Old 03-13-2009, 03:42 PM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Yea I couldn't believe my eys, I thought what in the world would someone be complaining about AeroWorks
Old 03-13-2009, 03:46 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see some photo's of these box's And you might as well show us the plane too, only if you have to
Old 03-13-2009, 03:46 PM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

I saw the new Extra 300 100cc fly this last weekend at the St George IMAC. Very, very nice! Scott Stoops flys at my field and he's getting ready to do a review on it, so I'll get to see it in action a lot. He'll put it through it's paces!
I live about 30 miles from the AW warehouse, I save on shipping, but have to pay sales tax. It's a push
Old 03-13-2009, 04:48 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tail strike

Yea I couldn't believe my eys, I thought what in the world would someone be complaining about AeroWorks
Just wait. T.Bob will be here in a little while.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:58 PM
smarks

ORIGINAL: tail strike

It definately got my attention as well! [X(] Glad to see another happy customer!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:01 PM
jamesrxx951

i just recieved my 50cc sized yak from aeroworks about amonth ago and when i saw the shipping weight on the tracker i was shocked like 60lbs for one box. i was thinking that this plane might be alittle heavier than advertised[:@]. but when i got it the plane was still made of balsa not cast iron it was just all the wood structure that they had installed to protect my toy. ups tried but they couldn't get in. you can alway count on them for a quality product.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:03 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

okay its notied not to Order from them any other tips [8D]
Old 03-13-2009, 05:06 PM
BobbyGee
My Feedback: (3)

Your subject line certainly draws attention.

Not meaning to be a fussbudget, might you consider changing it to a positive one, though?

In fairness to Aeroworks, there are likely to be a significant number of visitors to the forum who won't open it and see that it's a highly supportive one. Those people will be left with a fleeting, but negative impression of the company just from seeing the gag subject line in the list.

Best,

BobbyG
Old 03-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Hooked-On-RC
My Feedback: (16)

Well I can do one better, I had them ship me a 150 CC Yak and it arrived in a day in half, from Colorado to Washington State. I had to cross the border to pick it up and bring it back across the border to Canada. My plane was a special order item that I paid a deposit on...what was sepcial about it...I ordered it custom built with no covering...I like to cover my planes myself, that way I never have a plane at an airfield that looks like mine....Personally my opinion is that Aeroworks nuild the finest ARF planes that are available today....built well and maintained properly they will stand the rigors of most pilots out there and live a long happy life...providing Mr. Dumbthumbs does not show up at anytime!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:07 PM
bjor

ORIGINAL: BobbyGee

Your subject line certainly draws attention.

Not meaning to be a fussbudget, might you consider changing it to a positive one, though?

In fairness to Aeroworks, there are likely to be a significant number of visitors to the forum who won't open it and see that it's a highly supportive one. Those people will be left with a fleeting, but negative impression of the company just from seeing the gag subject line in the list.

Best,

BobbyG
I though the subject line was quite cleaver. I've not ever seen anything bad about Aeroworks so this caught my attention straight away. Kind of like the "don't touch - wet paint". I would have thought the exact opposite - people looking to buy aeroworks would be attracted to the subjet line to read what they were getting into - only to find it very positive.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:41 PM
The_Russian

Good advertisement.

I have never heard of Aeroworks and it made me curious.

I say keep the thread title!
Old 03-13-2009, 10:33 PM
js/rc

Sure did get my attention & I was thinking, "I'm going to find out about this" !! My son & I got 2 of their 50cc planes last October & we have had nothing but a great experience with the people at AW !! Both planes are ready to go now when the weather breaks up here but they are just great airplanes & they really help you out at AW !!
Glad I could say all that here !!
Thanks, John
Old 03-14-2009, 09:06 AM
dragnbye

that warning got me to i thought aeroworks f**k up got to see this.. maybe a little rewrite for that wouldnt be a bad thing
Old 03-14-2009, 06:36 PM
SinCityJets

I appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad it has drawn the attention of some people not familiar with Aeroworks. As far as the negative "appearance," people thrive on negativity; we never really care about someone doing "good" or "better" than us, but we LOVE when they trip, fall, screw up, or otherwise make a mistake.....e.g NASCAR (I mean, why else would someone watch if there wasn't a chance for a crash )

Anyway, if Aeroworks would like me to change it, I would be more than happy, however, the entrepreneur in me tells me the title accomplishes exactly what I wanted.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the flying if your weather allows it!
Old 03-15-2009, 09:42 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bingo, you want everybody to read a thread, make it super negative. It's 100% effective.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:07 AM
zoner

Ya, I have been thinking of buying an Aeroworks QB, but wasn't sure. Now you helped me make my decision............Aeroworks, here I come!!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:25 AM
jamesrxx951

ORIGINAL: zoner

Ya, I have been thinking of buying an Aeroworks QB, but wasn't sure. Now you helped me make my decision............Aeroworks, here I come!!
you wont regret it they are great airplanes. and have an awsome team for customer support.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:13 PM
SinCityJets

I have to agree 100%. These planes are really beautiful!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:21 PM
ggroyal1

This plane is really big, what do you carry it in? Please post some photos of your custom covering.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72805.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1160934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51797.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	456.0 KB
ID:	1160935  
Old 03-19-2009, 09:31 AM
SinCityJets

ORIGINAL: ggroyal1

This plane is really big, what do you carry it in? Please post some photos of your custom covering.

This plane is not really big, it is GINOURMOUS!! The plane will be carried in a expedition with the seats down. It's a tight fit, but it fits. Don't let the assembled size keep you from buying this plane. The stabs and wings are a cinch to remove for transport.

As far as the custom covering, the only custom covering I'm using is the origianl Ultra-cote colors that Aeroworks provides. I actually had a long-time builder and master coverer say that he could not build or cover the plane with any more attention to detail. That meant a lot (to me) coming from him. Sure, you could get crazy with a custom color scheme, but remember what you're getting.....a huge plane 98% built and covered, with all hardware. You install your servos and Smart-fly equipment, and go fly. $2000 for $8000 worth of hardware, time, and labor.

If $2000 is too much, or this plane is too big, get a smaller one. For the turbine fans, I will tell you that Aeroworks is the BVM of Giant Scale.

Chad
Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Moki 1.8
My Feedback: (11)

Hey sin city, awesome thread!!! Congrats on the new plane!! I to just bought a new plane from aeroworks, I bought the 50cc extra 260, my first plane that big. I can just about imagine how big yours is. Let me tell all you guys something, yesterday I needed a lil help concering something with my plane, so I called aeroworks and spoke to Rocco direct, he took about 25 minutes off his time and talked to me about my situation and explained alot of things to me. He is one awesome guy. To me thats says alot about a company. And there was nothing wrong with the plane by the way, just needed some help on certain equipment that im useing. Aeroworks definately has me hooked on there planes!!! Thanks again Rocco.

Robert
Old 03-19-2009, 01:20 PM
ggroyal1

You have the best 50cc Extra 260 made. I have been flying mine for over a year with a DA50 without any problems. It almost flies itself and the landings are very gentle and it looks great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30786.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1161222  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.