Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

DA 150 Electronic Module

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 01:02 AM
Carroll-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA 150 Electronic Module

I read somewhere that there should be a 2mm spacing between the module and mounting surface to allow cooling for the module. A friend saw mine mounted this way and he suggested wrapping the module in foam to protect it from vibration.
Any thoughts on this or suggestions?
Which method is proper?
Thanks,
Carroll
Old 06-27-2003, 07:12 AM
Howie-RCU

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DA 150 Electronic Module

Hi Carroll

You should treat your ignition module like you treat your receiver. The DA ignition module doesn't generate much heat and there is no need for a gap. My favorite method of mounting is to wrap in foam and use zip ties or Velcro. It should be firm enough that it wont move but soft enough that the foam gives some isolation of the vibration.

If you have a newer module there are no mounting tabs. If you have an older one DON'T mount it using the tabs as they will break.

Howie
Old 06-28-2003, 01:14 AM
Carroll-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!

Howie, Thanks for the reply, and your right, the new DA Ignition module has no tabs. I'll use your recommended mounting technique.
Thanks,
Carroll