Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Sig Customer Service (Sukhoi SU31) AAAAAA++++++!!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Sig Customer Service (Sukhoi SU31) AAAAAA++++++!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Customer Service (Sukhoi SU31) AAAAAA++++++!!

I recently purchased a new (old Stock) Sig Sukhoi SU-31 ARF from my LHS. After I made my purchase I did a search here to find information about set-up and read about experiences that folks have had with this plane. I stumbled on the "Bad Wings" thread about the defective wings in the early kits that had been shipped. Having fears that maybe I had one of the kits with the bad wings, (I knew that my LHS had this in stock for quite some time), I contacted Sig and asked then how I could determine if my wings were good or bad. I got a response from Sig in less than one hour. I performed the inspection as instructed and discovered that my wings were in fact defective. I contacted Sig again to report my findings. Again, I received a response in less than 1 hour. I was instructed to ship them back to Sig and upon receipt of them they would send out a replacement set. They received them today and contacted me to find out whether I wanted them shipped to my work or my home address. They said that the replacements will be shipping out to me today!!!!

In my book this is SUPERB Customer Service! If Sig stands behind all their products as they did this one I will look no further than the Sig Catalog for my next R/C Airplane purchase.

Thanks to Justin and the rest of the Staff at Sig!
Old 06-18-2003, 09:25 PM
JimRoss

Default Customer Service

SIG has always been customer oriented. I have ordered from them for years and will continue to.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:39 PM
GasDoc
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Customer Service

I posted this reply on a couple other Sukhoi threads, but I wanted as many people to see the level of customer service Sig provides is second to none.

Just wanted to post a positive experience I had with Sig's customer service. I had one of the Sukhoi's that has been in storage for a number of years, and now that I have a DA50 to power it, I decided to build it. I first read up on RCU about others' experiences with the ARF and realized I had one of the "weaker" wings. I contacted Bob N. at Sig and he was very understanding, helped me to walk to the "diagnosis" of whether mine was affected or not, and actually mailed me a new wing the next day - after I emailed him some pictures. I can't say enough about how great these guys are.!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:59 PM
61ahs

Default RE: Sig Customer Service (Sukhoi SU31) AAAAAA++++++!!

I have one of these planes that I bought partially assembled at a swap meet. How do I check to see if I have the older wing? Do you have a link to the "bad wing" thread?

Thanks much,
Rick
Old 11-13-2008, 05:05 PM
GasDoc
My Feedback: (15)

There may be weak webbing, which, according to Sig, is NOT structural and nothing to worry about. If when you apply a load to the wing, you can see, hear, or feel the spars loose or moving- it's bad. Mine was stored for many years, and Bob assured me that the issue was taken care of several years ago so pretty much all the kits sold since 2004 should have the updated process.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:31 PM
matus777

I'm pretty sure that the "new" wing has a metal "join bar" so if you have the metal rod you will be ok.