Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Lanier 30% Edge 540T help please

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Lanier 30% Edge 540T help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:59 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lanier 30% Edge 540T help please

I know its an old ARF but I recently acquired one that has never flown and I need the manual for it. I called Hobby Services who sent me the manuals for the 40% kit and the 1.20 ARF. If anyone has the manual or could give me the lanier part number for the plane the guys at hobby services said they might be able to find the right manual by product number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lanier 30% Edge 540T help please

I had one a while back. I'll look when I get home from work to see if I still have the manual. I remember one thing. Make sure it is balanced about 1 1/2 inch in FRONT of the wing tube/spar. I maidened mine balanced on the spar and it was severely tail heavy. Otherwise, just try to keep it as light as possible. Install landing gear, hinge surfaces, install servos, control horns, pushrods, and engine. Balance with batteries, and go fly.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:26 AM
RedFishTom

I have the edge but cant find the book. I do have the yak and extra books. They are basically the same.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:10 PM
petec

Thanks guys. This model has been sitting in my father in law's garage unbuilt for years...my son is 3 and he got it before my wife got pregnant so the chances of the manual surfacing are kinda slim.

I fly pattern planes primarily and big stuff is new new to me. The biggest thing I ever had was a CA Models 1/4 scale 330S which died very soon after take off since it balanced pretty tail heavy and it power on stalled....not pretty. I really want to keep this plane for a while. A big plane has been on my wishlist for a while.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:58 PM
flynnaire
My Feedback: (24)

Have you tried this link for the manual? it's free
http://manuals.hobbico.com/lan/21262.pdf
Old 08-23-2009, 05:31 PM
petec

Where did you find that link? It's exactly what I needed. I called Hobby Services and they couldn't find that manual...thanks.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:39 AM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

Sorry I forgot about this request. I did go thru some of my old files and found at least a copy of the manual (I can't remember if it's the original).

Petec, send me a PM with your address and I'll drop it in the mail. Very good flying plane. I had a ZDZ 80 for power and it was great. Try to keep it light as far as component choices go, the airframe is a bit on the heavy duty side.

Dan
Old 08-24-2009, 08:04 AM
petec

Dan,

Thanks for the offer but the link above is to the manual so you can save the stamp and the manual for the next guy who finds himself in this situation.

As for the plane, it has a NIB FPE 3.2 with it which should fly it but depending on what I wind up doing it could get a larger FPE in it. As luck would have it FPE is about 45 minutes from my house and even closer to my office and a flying buddy of mine who used to be into big planes knows Kurt.

Thanks again for the help guys.