Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Compsite ARF extra 260 crash.... trying to confirm the reason.

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Compsite ARF extra 260 crash.... trying to confirm the reason.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 07:35 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Compsite ARF extra 260 crash.... trying to confirm the reason.

But the optical kill switch will.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I did mention that the plane went into fail safe.  The reason being, the engine quit on a snap and there was no radio control. The engine was programmed to quit via a optical kill switch if there is a power failure...  I wonder if I am still going in circles...  I already have a new airplane ready exact same specs.. only using 6000x2 lipos this time.  Still ironing out the bugs on the table..  test flight in 2 weeks...
Old 03-04-2010, 04:41 AM
Magne

Yes, the optical switch will stop the engine if electrical power is lost to the receiver. That is one of it's main purposes.
This is not my point here. The point is:
Do you know for sure that the radio actually went into failsafe, or are you saying this just because the engine stopped?
There are two ways of operating and setting up the failsafe, whereby you either program the failsafe to hold the last known position, or the servos go to pre-programmed positions. (On some systems you can program a combination of these, i.e. some servos hold the last position, and some go to pre-programmed positions.)
Did this actually happen? (It is easy to detect if the fail safe is set up to pre-programmed positions, more difficult on hold position.)
This is fundamental for understanding the problem you had, because moving servos to pre.programmed positions would require power to the system, in which case you did not lose power.
In that case the problem could even be with the transmitter, happens sometimes.
On the other hand, if everything suddenly went dead....

Magne
Old 03-04-2010, 06:26 AM
Ragz

I had programmed failsafe for only engine to quit.  The crash happened on its second flight... ever.. and after 2-3 circuits, I did a gentle snap roll... the moment the plane exited the snap, the engine quit and there was no radio contact.. what can be the reason? radio failure, power failure, battery failure.. i really dont know
Old 03-06-2010, 11:03 PM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

You will never know what happened,, there is to much uneeded stuff in your plane,,, I run a spektrum powersafe 9100 receiver with A123's plugged straight into it,, and thats it,, no regs, no lithium , no expanders, no nothing,, , SIMPLE
Old 03-07-2010, 09:25 AM
hanko

ORIGINAL: jongurley

You will never know what happened,, there is to much uneeded stuff in your plane,,, I run a spektrum powersafe 9100 receiver with A123's plugged straight into it,, and thats it,, no regs, no lithium , no expanders, no nothing,, , SIMPLE

Exactly my thought, too much junk in the cockpit. I run pretty much the same simple set up.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:17 AM
Ragz

How is junk defined here? Any item for redundancy? Please educate me further.

thanks