Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Pilot 1/3.5 Scale Pilot Bucker Jungman

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Pilot 1/3.5 Scale Pilot Bucker Jungman

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Amarok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pilot 1/3.5 Scale Pilot Bucker Jungman

Hello,
this is my first posting :-). I have just purchased and collected a Large Bucker Jungmann R/C model with Lycoming engine cowling after a quick search on the net and stripping back the solarfilm covering (it was in poor shape due to storage) I fould the Pilot Logo on some wing ribs.
this aircraft is 1/3.5 Scale Pilot Bucker Jungman.
This aircraft was hung from the ceiling in a shop as an advertisment hording ! and it looks like the person who last owned it screwed two blocks of wood up front to balance it out

My questions are as follows
  1. Does anyone have any plans for this model and can advise on balance , control throws and general rigging
  2. what is the recommended engine for this aircraft
  3. I would like to convert it back to a standard Bucker Jungmann circa 1936 (olympic games colours) D-EGSY with a Hirth HM 504 four-cylinder inverted inline engine (I am hoping I can modify the Practical Scale Stamp Cowling to fit) or did Pilot supply another cowling.
Any help is appreciated, currently I have stripped all the solarfilm off the wings and fuse to make sure there is no damp, with the wood blocks up front it is very nose heavy !!
Kind regards
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ay74370.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1392957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63904.jpg
Views:	2117
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1392958   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi21919.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1392959  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:55 PM
pittsdriver
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Pilot 1/3.5 Scale Pilot Bucker Jungman

I had one of these in the late 70s and flew the heck out of it before selling it to a friend. It is a great flying airplane. Mine had a Quadra 35 in it and it was just right for scale like power so any 35-45 size gasser should be just right. The flying wires are functional so make sure they are in good shape. Pilot did make an optional stock cowl for the airplane but they are probably as rare as a kit is nowdays. Fiberglass specialties might have one or a Stampe cowl would look realistic. I used to build display models for Hobby Shack and got to build most of the Pilot line. They were great kits for the time period with superb fitting parts in an era of bad die crushing. If you can get ahold of some Tiger Moth or Stampe plans it will balance in about the same place, give you something to start with anyway. The rudder and elevator have quite a bit of authority but you need all the aileron throw you can get. Have fun with it. Don
Old 03-30-2010, 11:03 PM
slither46

I just purchased one today. It is mostly built. I will have it here in a couple weeks and can get you know the CG and so on. Bill
Old 04-17-2010, 11:27 AM
slither46

Mike, mine just came in yesterday. Any luck on finding plans for it? I have no plans or instructions. Any info would be of help. Bill
Old 04-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Amarok

Bill,
as you can see from the images mine was allready built and had some damp in the port lower wing. I currently have all the covering stripped off so you can see the structure. Can you lay yours out and get a couple of images ?, I will then lay mine out in the same layout so you can compare what goes where ?
Kind regards
Mike
Old 10-26-2010, 11:49 AM
JoeAverage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pilot Kits Bucker Jungmann 1/3.5 scale

I need plans for this aircraft that Pilot kits built. The original plan had the half wing which induced builders into using veggie oil to make the lines show through the sheet to build opposing halves. I have Pilot DH-82 plans I did this with. Since I have used a light table to draw the plan on the opposite side and therefore not grease up the plan leaving it for future use. Having oiled the plan usually made the builder dispose of it after construction. This doesn't make them any easier to find. Even an oiled one can be turned into a new drawing as long as it is m/l complete.

I would pay a good dollar for an original of this plan. Slimed is okay too. I would redraw the whole thing if it were complete. I have an original copy of Dick Hanson's 1/3 scale version of the late great Jim Moser's custom one of a kind Jungmann I would trade for an original set of the Pilot plans. I would pay to borrow a set. I will not part with or copy the Hanson Plan otherwise. The clipped wing Dick Hanson model was the Jungman taht Steve Rojecki placed at TOC with in 1991 if memory serves. It used a Tartan twin 70 cc.

If I can find a set I will share with the other individuals here. I will copy what I have redrawn. I'm good at it. Whenever I have been presented with a single side wing panel I have always drawn a full size plan of the wing to allow buillding it in one piece even if it's sectional. I have drawn for a long time for recompense.

Cowls for both Lycoming and Hirth are available from http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/catalog.htm listed under Parts for Kits HobbyShack/Pilot/EZ

I didn't know that so I bought professional molds for the original Pilot Lycoming cowl.

PM's only please.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:37 AM
adripylon

Hi there.
I bought this kit but missing bucker wing planes.
Does anyone know how I can get the plans?
Greetings, thanks.
Adrian.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:02 PM
darrolair

Hostetler 29.5% Bucker Jungmeister with a twist. I struts, dural gear, fully symmetrical wings, and twin 80cc engine.
Beautiful flying airplane.
Darrolair
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P9201585.JPG
Views:	1362
Size:	759.0 KB
ID:	2033779   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4046.jpg
Views:	1433
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	2033780   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9201593.JPG
Views:	1203
Size:	618.1 KB
ID:	2033781   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9201592.JPG
Views:	1115
Size:	671.3 KB
ID:	2033782  
Old 06-09-2017, 04:09 PM
bialone

I saw your post. I have a kit without the cowl. I checked my plans. (4 sheets: 1) top wing sheet, 2) bottom wing sheet, 3) sheet of photos of main componments and sketchy instructions, 4) fuselage plans sheet. But i could not find anything on how to build the stab unless i missed it on the plans.

I was wondering if you ever got a manual, and what did you use to build the stab. I did find out that fiberglass specialties sells a cowl for $47. Thanks - ed.