Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Peak Model 50 CC Edge 540 T build

Yes T3, Thanx.
    I was traveling and so could not reply.
    Cheers....
    Sandy Jain

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Eganwp

Haha at our field we have 8 of 8 DLE 55's that have deadsticked, I kid you not. I've flown at a couple other fields and same story. People here hate them... lol. To really hit it home, I watched a 35% bird go in and was a total write-off Wed. night from a low end deadstick 111, and my good buddy totalled off his 30% Pilot Yak on a 55 deadstick in a 20ft hover thursday night at our field this week... I've also never talked to DLE 111 owner who hasn't had a deadstick either. . Good times!

On that note, after changing the metering height of my carb main jet arm, it made no difference. That was the last resort as I've exhausted over 20+ things/setups/etc and had WAY too many gas guys and engine guru's try and fix the engine. Enough was enough, so I threw on a brand new carb and new ignition on thursday after the 5th deadstick. Whalla! I haven't had a single deadstick or engine skip at all with the new gear!

I'll be flying in my first IMAC competition tomorrow with this bird! Wish me luck!

Egan
    kind of weird...maybe some tune problems, also your club is grass? what kind of oil you guys are using?. A well tuned DLE will run increible without any problem, it can hold abuse and bad tune long time.
    OMP Extra 300 100cc - DLE111
    AW Extra 300 50cc - DLE55
    PM Sbach 300 30cc - DLE30 V2
    3DHS Extra 47\"
    Futaba 12z

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nah, every DLE owner at our clubs in Calgary run CM-6 plugs that I've talked to. 2 of the guys have gone through 2+ ignitions I also discovered the other day. All are running on Stihl, Opti2, Redline or BelRay H1R synthetic and all have tuned their carbs from day 1. Oh well, don't matter. So I got fed up after the last DS, and tossed on a brand new carb and ignition. This carb runs MUCH better. Both needles tune where they should (IE low speed 1 1/4 out rather than less than 3/4 out on the old one fully tuned). Engine ran perfectly and didn't skip a beat in all 16 sequences. Was glad to hear that for once!

So I actually did really well in my first IMAC competition this weekend. Ended up winning 1st place in Basic!! Was soooo much fun, so glad we went. Won a new 40 sized Extra 300s, a trophy and a bunch of other little things. Had a blast. Can't wait for the next competition though I'm afraid I may have to move up to Sportsman as the judges told me I need to move up, so we'll see. Scored 1,000 on every sequence after normalization, but I still need to work on a few little things like better cross-wind correction. The funniest thing happened in round 5. It was 35+ km/h wind and I went for the final manouver, 1 1/2 stall spin. The plane slowed down all the way with full elevator deflection but wouldn't stall because of the straight leading edge like most of the rounds. The plane ended up flying backwards until I forced the stall and the judges were all laughing! Was a sight to see! hahaha. Anyone on the edge thinking about going into IMAC definately should try it out. The people are awesome, you'll get a lot of experience, your flying will improve immensely and you'll have a blast!
    35% H9 Extra 300 - DLE-111 | 33% Lanier Yak 54 - DL-100 | 30% Peak Edge 540T - DLE-55 | SkyWalker Long Range FPV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great Job Eganwp! Having fun is what its about. Sorry guys no vid yet of my edge. Work, weather,and flying sites are all out to keep this bird grounded for now.

Hey johns3d, I just ordered the peak sbach300. What was your all up weight? Going to use a Turnigy HP26S ( this motor is actually 32cc and has been uppgraded to reed valves).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey 49 even I have a 30cc DLE waiting for sbach300 from cyclone. It will be nice if you post your build.
    Cheers..
    Sandy jain
    Cheers....
    Sandy Jain

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Will do sandy. johns3d has a build thread started on the peak model sbach 300 and i will post it there when it arrives.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sweet guys! Keep us posted on the 30cc. My next build is going to be a 30cc MX2 I think! Now, if only I could find a CF gear version....
    35% H9 Extra 300 - DLE-111 | 33% Lanier Yak 54 - DL-100 | 30% Peak Edge 540T - DLE-55 | SkyWalker Long Range FPV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sweet guys! Keep us posted on the 30cc. My next build is going to be a 30cc MX2 I think! Now, if only I could find a CF gear version....
    http://www.redwingrc.com/aircraft.html
    Build em Fly em Crash em!!!
    www.Redwingrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Landing gear redesign pics!!! So much stronger, and easily accessible than the stupid stock setup. CF gear is from GraphTech (QQ Yak 88" gear w/ forward rake) Enjoy.

Egan
    Looks a lot better than when I last saw it cartwheeling in the grass! I felt just as bad as you did, bro. Good to see you got it back in the air and to win a comp to boot!! Two big thumbs up!!!

See ya in September!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn35955.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	1474179  
    Jedi\'\'s AW Edge 540/ DLE55 w/can
    Pilot 29% S\'\'bach/Jtech DLE 55
    CG Ultimate 10-300/DLE 20/Brotherhood #27
    Pro-Bro S Taco .25

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Egan you may check out http://www.egaircraft.com/products.php?sort=14
    Also cyclonetoy.com has some versions with CF upgrades. Specially the Sbachs.

Cheers..
    Sandy
    Cheers....
    Sandy Jain

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finally got some videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjOl2zKPosQ. You guys still flying yours?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Windy day!  How do you like it?
    Build em Fly em Crash em!!!
    www.Redwingrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Have Stabs/elevators,1 wing,rudder,tubes,landing gear for this plane if any interested,looks good Dimes!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Flies like a foamy! The wind rocked it like a foamy as well. I ambegining to wonder if we are ever going to get a calm day. @%$#&*&% wind been blowin all year long in the 15 to 30 range. If I can get a decent day I will get some vid and grass stains on the rudder.
    ORIGINAL: T3beatz

Windy day! How do you like it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got some pics of the left overs?
    ORIGINAL: skip1320

Have Stabs/elevators,1 wing,rudder,tubes,landing gear for this plane if any interested,looks good Dimes!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep, still flyin mine!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great egan! I am really likin this bird. The only negative I have found is the short wing tube and wing flex. I did a high-G figure eight and almost popped some ribs. It looked as if it had a huge amount of dihedral with moderate g force applied. Will have to keep this airframe slowed down. Here is some more vid. Also Merry Christmas to all
    and hope your R/C dreams come true. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJphPkzgMZAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LjwkI8DoT8

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789