Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Help A123 connector

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 06:26 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help A123 connector

Just bought a new battery but has different connectors than my old tanic pack, can I switch this over so my cell pro charger can charge/balance this. which wire connects where??
Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77546.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	1482179  
Old 08-10-2010, 06:59 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help A123 connector

I answered this by phone, I told him how to make an adapter cable.

TF
Old 08-10-2010, 08:17 PM
hanko

you can also get adapter cards form FMA direct.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:28 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

ORIGINAL: hanko

Yeah and enjoy their little shipping charge scam? Like $54 for a charger and $24 to ship it? Man that's criminal.

Seriously, my buddy and I were both in shock to go through their checkout and find out that they seriously charge almost $24 to ship this tiny Multi 4 charger. WOW. No thanks. I'll get mine at WrongwayRC.com. He's honest.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Zeeb

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

Yeah and enjoy their little shipping charge scam? Like $54 for a charger and $24 to ship it? Man that's criminal.

Seriously, my buddy and I were both in shock to go through their checkout and find out that they seriously charge almost $24 to ship this tiny Multi 4 charger. WOW. No thanks. I'll get mine at WrongwayRC.com. He's honest.
And the implication is that FMA isn't honest Joe??????

FMA recently changed their business model again and will once more offer retailers a wholesale pricing structure and their warehousing/distribution is going overseas where their stuff is manufactured. So that's why the nasty shipping charge, not any attempt to be unscrupulous with their pricing. I suspect that you'll see more retailers starting to sell their stuff than what is currently available, but there might be some backlash from those guys who remember when FMA pulled all those agreements and went direct to the public.

I like their stuff, but we'll have to see how well the new business strategy works out as I don't see myself buying from someone where the item is shipped from the Far East vs. the USA's East Coast.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:21 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Hey guys
I managed to get Tom (Wildhare RC) on the phone and he set me up within 1 minute. Tom is considered to be like a celebrity from where I am from, and likely many other places..[8D] It was a pleasure to chat and a simple task to straighten this out.
I took the red to red, black to black and took the outside black (facing sliding tab) to white and my cell pro charger charged it in no time. Please correct me if I wrote this wrong.

I was even able to get 2 long flights in last night during a perfect sunset. Used about 450mah with 5x5955's and a 645. About the same as before the battery swap. My last Tanic pack went to safe charge after 2-3 flights and showed about a 10% reserve...[X(] It also went thru a helluva crash and was left dead for 5 months..It had to be tossed.

As far as FMA direct, they have been good to me. Last order was 1.5 years ago though. Not sure what is happening lately...

Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 AM
JoeAirPort

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

And the implication is that FMA isn't honest Joe??????
Yep. I thought I made it pretty clear.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:21 PM
hanko

must just be you joe, everyone I know that has dealt with FMA has nothing but good things to say.