RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   JR 8611 servos support BAD LUCK (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/3597179-jr-8611-servos-support-bad-luck.html)

sunvalleyfarms 11-28-2005 07:52 PM

JR 8611 servos support BAD LUCK

Is it just me with bad luck?? Or is JR servo support at Horizon Hobby just bad in general. This is not the first time I have had things go a stray at Horizon. I have a 33% Edge with 8611' all around two on each wing with JR matchboxes. I have about 20 flights on them and one day after flying I found I had a lot of slop on one of my ailerons. I pulled them out and over night them to Horizon knowing how slow there turn around times is.
At the same time I had sent Some Hitec servos in to have them check out but instead of over night like the JR’s I just sent them Regular ground. Well one and half weeks went by and UPS dropped off a box and there I found one of the HITEC repaired and a brand new HITEC servo to replace the second servo that I sent in. You can’t beat that. For support. Well about Three weeks went by so I call Horizon support to find out about my JR’s the tech told me O yes they shipped out the day before and I should have them in a few days. Well about week went by and no servos so I call them back. The Tech. told they were in transit but did not give me a tracking number. Well the next day UPS drops off my box with a note in with my $200.00 worth of servos that they were repaired. I picked up the first servo and all the wiring fell out. Some repair!! I called tech support and the tech told me that he would send me the screws that were missing from the bottom of the case and if the servo did not work out to send it back Like I’m going to put a servo in my $5000.00 plane and hope it works out!!!!! Well guess what one more week has gone by and no servo screws it has been more than 30 days and my Edge still has not got it servos. So is it just me??????????? With bad luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

AEROSHELDON 11-28-2005 07:59 PM

RE: JR 8611 servos support BAD LUCK

I sent my 8611 in and it did take 2 weeks but it was free and the work was done right. I also sent an 811 in and they sent me a new one of those at the same time. So it was good for me.

sunvalleyfarms 11-28-2005 08:36 PM

Well I guess it's just my luck I hope it does not rub off on my flying haha

DENNIS C 11-28-2005 08:51 PM

No your not having bad luck i have had the same problems in the past with there service. i wont get into detail. but to say the least im really hesitant to send them my 8611's in for update's and to take care of the gear slop also.

There service use to be really great but has gone down hill.

Reguardless of getting the servos repaired for free. i feel atleast they could do is do the repair the correct way.

DMcQuinn 11-28-2005 09:05 PM

I have used Horizon service in Champaign IL many times over the years and have always had good service. Less than two weeks turnaround counting a couple days shipping on both ends (I am pretty close so UPS ground gets there in one day usually). My JR DS 8411 servos have been in there a couple times each due to worn out pots and/or gear sets. I am not happy with the servos, but the service has been good.

sunvalleyfarms 11-28-2005 09:09 PM

Thanks Dennis I was hoping it was not my bad luck. When you buy $1000.00 worth of servos from a company not including how much also you send on your giant or any other plane you just think that they would stand buy what they sell a little better.

Thank for letting me vent

one budlight 11-28-2005 09:10 PM

:(The same service for 2 JR radios ,Their service is very poor,Cannot recomend them for any repair it takes forever,Will look in the future for other repair facility

jjamesrb 11-28-2005 09:55 PM

I had the same problem, massize gear slop in 8611's sent them in and it took two weeks for them to finally admit they had them and another week to fix and another week to get them back to me.I bought hitec 5955's and in my opinion are a much better servo, over 100 flights and not a lick of slop and i don't have to send them in every 50 flights to get new gears.

3D ONdaEDGE 11-28-2005 10:58 PM

After 12 flights on my Extra, 8 Servos and excessive slop, 1 locked, and one burnt up. All were sent in, all were returned within 10 working days, and all are 4 sale. I went with the SUPERIOR Hitec 5955TG.

tkilwein 11-28-2005 11:14 PM

Hitec took over multiplex lipo batteries and I had a bad Multiplex 7.4v 4000mah that I sent in to Hitec for repair.
I called them after confirmation thru USPS, and they said they received and were sending out the pack repaired.
I also received 3 days before the pack was sent a confirmation card they had the battery and it was being fixed.
From time sent in to getting back was less than 2 weeks.

By the way I also use HS5955TG and HS5645G servos. The 5955's have no slop, the 5645's has a very small amount of gear lash.
And I just ordered more 5955G's today.

Tony