RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   ???What is FLYING CIRKUS? (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/3757543-what-flying-cirkus.html)

bdavison 01-10-2006 05:16 PM

???What is FLYING CIRKUS?

What the hell is the FLYING CIRKUS?. Never visited the old site. Based on what I gather by reading the posts its some secret society of insane pilots that do 3D flying in odd places and attempt crazy stuff.

If this is the case where do I sign up, because I do things with 3D airplanes that are definatly qualified as "nuts", and Ive got the video to prove it.

So is Flying Cirkus like the Cirque Du Sol of model aviation?

Tor 01-10-2006 05:41 PM

RE: ???What is FLYING CIRKUS?

You description probably fit very well :D

The cirkus was (old site) about having a good time flying 3D and communicating with other 3D RC-pilot across the world. Lot of resources was available for newbies like myself and all questions was replied in a competent and friendly manner, no matter what they might be. Also the founders made instructional videos in a section called 3D University, which was really cool!

Unfortunately it was replaced by the flyinggiant after a dispute between the original founders. The flyinggiants is a shadow of the old cirkus... just look at the post over there - all BS like, "which color plane do you like the most" and such.. From the glances I have had, it's the same people that post over and over again, without having anything to say, hence the BS posts, like they try to make the forums look real active.

As for the cirkus at RCU, I consider it in a dormant state... waiting to recover on it's own dedicated site, which as far as I know will happen soon [8D]

About your vids.... post LINKS!! :D

bodywerks 01-10-2006 05:43 PM

Not really, but 3D flying is a major portion of what makes the Flying Cirkus. Really it is about good people and good times. None of the whiny stuff - they always encourage a positive vibe. I recommend frequenting it and sharing your experiences, and DEFINITELY that video stuff you speak of...we go crazy on that $#!+

CptCliffhanger 01-10-2006 05:50 PM

All the above is right on eccept the "secret society".. We welcome everybody aboard!

Stephan

bdavison 01-10-2006 06:12 PM

I got to get some vids up here then. Ive got a bunch...just they are really big videos. Hmm...

QQTim 01-10-2006 06:24 PM

bdavison, Welcome you will really enjoy this place, The people are great and a big source of info if your into 3D
Enjoy,,,

SHOWTIME 01-10-2006 07:21 PM

bdavison- Welcome here. This site at this time is in the middle of a face lift. We have a lot of great stuff coming so. Stick around we rock.

grimmpaul 01-10-2006 09:21 PM

its not a secret society its a double throw me down secret society, just kidding its just a great bunch of 3d freaks who like to talk and help all who ask become better 3d freaks welcome you will love it here

wifpwcf 01-11-2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: bdavison

What the hell is the FLYING CIRKUS?. Never visited the old site. Based on what I gather by reading the posts its some secret society of insane pilots that do 3D flying in odd places and attempt crazy stuff.

If this is the case where do I sign up, because I do things with 3D airplanes that are definatly qualified as "nuts", and Ive got the video to prove it.

WELCOME aboard mate ..its all about having fun while at the sticks & keeping the cirkus spirit alive in the hanger.
I & many at our club are real clowns & proud of it .
CIRKUS also means fly to thrash & ya never no ya might CRASH [sm=lol.gif]
we all love a crash lol
cheers glen

TeamFutaba02 01-11-2006 01:31 AM

The Cirkus is where the fun is. Bring a good attitude and leave the BS at the door. Share your tips and maybe even learn some. This is the place that makes flying toy airplanes fun!

bdavison 01-11-2006 10:39 AM

Sounds good to me...Count me in.

I guess this means I need to put the Cirkus logo on my airplane...

Ive got a graveyard of planes with all the ones Ive trashed trying different stuff, and learning 3D. I didnt chunk anything because I yank spare parts and stuff off them all the time for other projects.

Anyone know of a good place to put large videos.
Putfile only allows 25mb, but most of the videos I have are 200mb or larger. Or if any of you could recommend a free compression program that would shrink them down. Ive got some really killer vids that I did in Adobe Premier.

badbradgraphics 01-11-2006 11:43 AM

bdavidson, Send me your name and address and I will give you your first 2 Cirkus graphics for free.

Bad Brad

davide.pasq 01-11-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: badbradgraphics

bdavidson, Send me your name and address and I will give you your first 2 Cirkus graphics for free.

Bad Brad
can you send they to me for free too?

ifixairplanes 01-11-2006 08:01 PM

Welcome to the Cirkus my friend. It'll get better. I wish you could see the content on the cirkus 05 site :(

wifpwcf 01-18-2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

Bad Brad
THATS THE BAD ASS SPIRIT,,,YOU ROCK MATE,,,,,,,
BAD BRAD GETS THE YEH FOR THE DAY YEHHHHHHHHHH
CHEERS GLEN

ThrottleJockey 01-18-2006 12:07 PM

This is what the Cikus is about!

Quote:

Bad Brad

badbradgraphics 01-18-2006 12:18 PM

bdavidson, your logos are in the mail..........

bad bard

bdavison 01-18-2006 04:18 PM

Thanks man....You rock.

Ill be sure to put them to good use.

damo666 01-18-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: wifpwcf

Quote:

WELCOME aboard mate ..its all about having fun while at the sticks & keeping the cirkus spirit alive in the hanger.
we all love a crash lol
cheers glen

Welcome bdavidson were are not nutty pilots we are just plane crazy[sm=lol.gif]
come over to the cirkus down under thread and ull c what we mean LAMO
Im all so known as knife edge ling long r u also a ling long?????????????????????
which ling long r u??????????
enjoy the cirkus

wifpwcf 01-18-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: damo666

Quote:

ORIGINAL: wifpwcf

Quote:

we all love a crash lol
cheers glen

Welcome bdavidson were are not nutty pilots we are just plane crazy[sm=lol.gif]
come over to the cirkus down under thread and ull c what we mean LAMO
Im all so known as knife edge ling long r u also a ling long?????????????????????
which ling long r u??????????
enjoy the cirkus

LING LONG IS BRAIN WASHING LOOK OUT LMAO LING LONG IS THE BOSS CLOWN IN THE DOWN UNDER TRHEAD
PREES THE DOOR BELL TO ENTER THAT THREAD LOL[sm=idea.gif]
LLLLLIIIIIIIING LLLLLLOOONG ....................CIRKUS STYLE
CHEERS GLEN

bdavison 01-19-2006 10:32 AM

Lets just put it this way....

The sky down here in Florida has holes in it like swiss cheese.
When I fly in the field behind my house, I get applause from the neighbors.:D

strulag 01-19-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Anyone know of a good place to put large videos.
Putfile only allows 25mb, but most of the videos I have are 200mb or larger. Or if any of you could recommend a free compression program that would shrink them down. Ive got some really killer vids that I did in Adobe Premier.

Yikes...200 mb is way too big for any site. I have found that Window Movie Maker does a really good job at compressing movies very well while keeping good quality. Afterall...it's their software running on their system converting their format (wmv). I converted a video from 900 mb .avi format down to 25 mb in .wmv format and the quality loss was minimal. You shoul give it a try and then post it on Putfile.

bdavison 01-19-2006 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ill have to try that.
Hopefully, Ill have some videos coming right up. Video's of the guys down here tearing it up. Got some wicked video of a Compy Extra330S torque rolling about a ft off the deck, Inverted low passes, KE, rolling circles, even a bunch of electric indoor 3D stuff, and some helicopters. Even got some non-3D stuff like a huge giant-scale radial powered stearman on its maiden flight.

Here's me flying cirkus style.....

SunDevilPilot 01-23-2006 01:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Remember when???

A small glimpse of what was. Hopefully we will all find something better in what will be!!!

The below image was stored on my computer because I was so proud to have an image I captured featured on the homepage of the Flying Cirkus.....

Phil

WriteBros 01-23-2006 02:56 AM

Quote:

The below image was stored on my computer because I was so proud to have an image I captured featured on the homepage of the Flying Cirkus.....
Great picture, Phil.

But, that old Web site ... pfffft. That's sooooo 2005.

Just you wait for the new one. I promise it's worth it.