RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   Firrts 50cc for Peru (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/6921269-firrts-50cc-peru.html)

UAV 01-17-2008 09:02 AM

Firrts 50cc for Peru

Guys I need your experience and advice.

I live in Peru South America, and we do not have much experience with the new 50cc acrobatics. So the really old question is what new thing or same old do you recomend?

I am looking for a decent arf plane that build easy and can take the abuse of a few hard landins. I am not into 3d but what to try some day.
Just what a gasser i have sold all my glow planes.
I what to use a DA 50, since everybody is using it.

The componets should not be the most expensive top of the line, i mean i am not into competition and $$ wasted in things i am not goin to really feel the diference is a waste. I dont what the hottest setup or all the bling bling. But a nice looking and flying plane is a must.

So the question could be split in three

1) Airframe
I dont really know much of gassers so what are my choices?, there are a lots of companies but living in Peru does not help me havent see any of then in real life.
I was thinking something along the lines of QQ yak, Dietrich... what else should i consider?
Larnier has some craizy prices in tower never owned a larnier, are they ok?

2) Engine prop

what is the basic septup for a da 50? what prop do you recoment for a acrobat i mean price wise. It is not an option for me to start experimentin. Spiner?? what combo cant go
wrong?

3)Electronics

Bare minimun servos, do i have to use digitals? are analog ok? what is tha minimun servo that are you using wthiout problems.
Does standart 1/4 scale work?
does a dual batery with a y harnes ok straight from tha reciver ok?
what capacity minimun batery do you recoment-

I thank you for your help in advance.

evan-RCU 01-17-2008 10:43 AM

RE: Firrts 50cc for Peru

I what to use a DA 50, since everybody is using it.

1) Airframe

Lanier has some craizy prices in tower never owned a lanier, are they ok? Yes and they have some crazy low prices right now.

2) Engine prop

what is the basic septup for a da 50? Not sure about the exact prop size but if you order the plane from Tower order everything and use the discount codes.

3)Electronics

Bare minimun servos, do i have to use digitals? are analog ok? what is tha minimun servo that are you using wthiout problems.
Does standart 1/4 scale work? Yes, but there are some real good analog high torque standar size servos.
does a dual batery with a y harnes ok straight from tha reciver ok? Yes
what capacity minimun batery do you recomend- 1 or 2 2000ma NiMh

Tired Old Man 01-17-2008 11:41 AM

A couple of suggestions;

One is to take a look at the Wild Hare R/C website and the forum of the same name here on RCU. The reason? Wild Hare has been putting together packages for the budget minded flyer from the beginning of the company and continues to do so today. See if some of the electronics packages there fit you budget and intentions. Just about all of the 28-30% planes can be flown safely and effectively using the same servos and batteries. So those that fit one will fit another.

I'm not going to suggest a plane, engine, battery, or servo to avoid being accused of promoting. Since I disagree with a very large number of people in their choices they believe I'm promoting for companies, so you, the one asking the questions, will not gain the benefit of prior experience from my end.

The other; Bear in mind that the aircraft performance level will be directly affected by the quality level of the products used to control. Low quality or performance products will substantially reduce the performance of the aircraft. Those effects can lower the planes performance level to a point there will be no appreciable gain obtained from flying a larger plane as one normally expects. Consider investing in higher performance products (especially with servos) when stepping up to the larger planes. You will gain in performance and flight reliability. Those gains may well end up being cheaper in the long run since component failures can cause a crash.

AEROSHELDON 01-17-2008 12:23 PM

Pat, send the guy a PM! He needs some experienced help here.

Tired Old Man 01-17-2008 06:05 PM

Sorry, but I won't do that on RCU anymore. It's generalized info or none since they censor PM's here too. There's nothing private about a pm. I'd love to help him but he will have to send me a pm or e-mail with an e-mail addy.

Pat

AEROSHELDON 01-17-2008 08:30 PM

Whoa, I didn't know that! thanks.....

UAV 01-31-2008 11:38 AM

Thanks everyone for their help. Sorry i didn't post early.

I was wondering if a dual conversion reciever like this R148DF 8 Channels could work? or i most use pcm. i am asking because i am un a tight budget.

Thanks again for your help.

Piero

GmanBill 01-31-2008 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So the question could be split in three

1) Airframe
I don't really know much of gassers so what are my choices?, there are a lots of companies but living in Peru does not help me haven't see any of then in real life.
I was thinking something along the lines of QQ yak, Dietrich... what else should i consider? Get the Dietrich, it is awesome in the air without any having to adjust here and move this there once toy get it up. They can take a lot more abuse than the QQ, (hard landings and such)
Larnier has some crazy prices in tower never owned a larnier, are they ok? The lanier is the best price on the market at this time and yes they are good quality, I used to fly them before I started flying Dietrich.

2) Engine prop

what is the basic sept up for a da 50? what prop do you recoment for a acrobat i mean price wise. It is not an option for me to start experimentin. Spiner?? The deitrich comes with a spinner
what combo cant go wrong? Get some 22x10 wood props, they work great and don't transmit as much force on the crank if you do hit the prop on landing, in other words for learning use wood.

3)Electronics

Bare minimun servos, do i have to use digitals? are analog ok? what is the minimun servo that are you using wthiout problems.
Does standart 1/4 scale work? Don't concern yourself too much with high end digitals for the first plane, all you will need is a good metal gear servo that is no less than 80oz for the elevators and ailerons and 120 or more for the rudder, I would recommend Hitec 625mg for the elevator and ailerons and a 645mg for the rudder which would be even enough servo for 3D.
does a dual batery with a y harnes ok straight from tha reciver ok? You can go duel, but on a 6 servo system (2ail., 2ele., 1rudder, & 1 throttle, maybe one choke if you want) you could get away with 1 battery running the show, you are not having to drive 14 servos so there really is no need for the extra weight.
what capacity minimum battery do you recommend- if you do put Li-ion or manganese a 2400mah should fly you all day, if you are going to use 1 nickle metal hydrate pack a 3300mah will fly you all day and then some.

GmanBill 01-31-2008 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: UAV

Thanks everyone for their help. Sorry i didn't post early.

I was wondering if a dual conversion reciever like this R148DF 8 Channels could work? or i most use pcm. i am asking because i am un a tight budget.

Thanks again for your help.

Piero
Depending on the radio hit factor Even on a good day I would prefer to stick with a PCM set up, you can find 148dp's on here in the radio section cheap, I wold not use just a duel conversion PPM receiver, buy a good used one that is PCM.

JoeAirPort 01-31-2008 02:10 PM

I like the failsafe feature of the PCM, especially for the engine.

Tired Old Man 01-31-2008 05:59 PM

I tried returning your e-mail but the address bounced back as undeliverable.

wifpwcf 01-31-2008 07:32 PM

hi uav
1st thing is get a air frame that you can get spare parts for.If you bang it up then you can buy parts to get it back to tip top shape;)

2nd is the motor DA are great there service is 100% & no i dont own a DA alot of fellow flyers do.

3rd is servos i would use 5645hitec digi if you are on a budget & these servos work great for the 50cc class of plane

4th double batterys.I have got 2x50cc planes that run a 2 bat system,I have 2xswitches & the 1st batt goes into the power slot on my rx & the 2nd goes into a spare channel so if a switch or batt fails you have a spare to fly her back,

guys i no there is alot of ways to set up a plane.This seems to be a safe set up as my 2x50cc plane have both had over 400+ flights
with no problem & both mvvs 58 powered
cheers glen

UAV 01-31-2008 07:46 PM

Update,

I whent the cheapest way .... Lanier extra 330 for 50cc, and the 80cc Yak was too cheap for me to resist. DidnĀ“t whant to buy something more expensive because if its the first if gona go down any way....:D

I am going to put a 3mm from WH, too bat that there is no alternative brand for a 80cc size engine. close future maybe?

I have to 4.8 2200mAh NiMh batts, made from AA radio shack rechargables bateries (i remenber they were green), not to much use but a few years old, they work great (i think).
Should i use the 2 of them for the reciever? Whont care for the extra weignt i dont do 3D.

Do i have to use 2 wing servos? because 4 $50 servos in the wing its quite expensive, if i use digitals do i need a mach box or something like that? or a programer for that mather?

Why all this is so complicated?... to many choices... and litle money to experiment. I remenber when i was young an engine was a .40 a servo was a fp 148, mi transmiter was a 5 channel am contest... and i was the happiest person in the world. Then the internet came, and ruined evething. I could see what you cold buy in the states...and the magic evaporated..... all my equiment was out dated even if it worked great (still does, some guy is using it).

Well lets see if an economy 50cc can exist.