RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   CA bottles and nozzles (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/747696-ca-bottles-nozzles.html)

rcflyerjoe123 05-05-2003 10:45 PM

CA bottles and nozzles

What are some techniques or tips for keeping CA bottles and nozzles clear and free-flowing? The humidity in Florida starts plugging up new bottles after they are about half empty.

Steve Guinn 05-05-2003 10:57 PM

CA bottles and nozzles

I purchase extra nozzles to use as caps.
When storing the glue I squeeze the air out and put the unopened nozzle on.
Store in the fridge.

P.S. Soak the nozzle in nail polish remover or acetone to remove clogs.

VinceL 05-06-2003 01:26 PM

CA bottles and nozzles

If you use the same brand of glue cosistently then the solution is easy. Simply purchase some acetone and fill a small glass container with a top on it. When you have a plugged nozzle drop it in the acetone, it will free up overnight. When you finish a bottle save the nozzle and put it in the acetone, this will ensure a supply of clean nozzles. I have been doing this for several years and now have more nozzles than I could possibly ever need. Simple, cheap and effective- a great combination.

rcflyerjoe123 05-06-2003 02:17 PM

CA bottles and nozzles

Great, thanks guys, sounds like my sticky situation is solved.

big max 1935 05-06-2003 02:30 PM

CA bottles and nozzles

I use the little Teflon tubes put out by Hot-Stuff people but don't think they carry them any more. Really worked great made a small for fast & a larger for medium . Just trim off the end when it clogged. Must be commercial item available some where? Let me know ! >>>>>>>>>>>big max 1935>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

JWilliams 05-07-2003 10:50 AM

CA bottles and nozzles

bigmax1935, there is a new ca on the market that has a bottle design that does not clog. It is called kwik fix, and they offer a full line of ca and epoxy, I got a bottle of the rubberized flexible ca and I have been using it for 3 weeks now and the bottle has never clogged. They offer a year shelf life and so far the quality seems better than the other brands, and I have tried nearly all of them. I got mine from TNT landing gear booth at Toledo, try them to get yours if interested. Jeff

BobPhx 05-07-2003 08:55 PM

CA bottles and nozzles

I've been quite happy with these nozzles:
Gluetips.com

fenderjw 08-26-2003 07:13 PM

Help

Ok, what about the nozzle thats on the bottle itself. I mostly use ca for repairs, and I am admidttedly a novice. I did not use a seperate tip on the bottle. the nozzle that is part of the bottle keeps clogging up. Any advice on how to fix this problem now that I've already opend the bottle and have been using it that way for a coupla months?

Thanks
Jim

Steve Guinn 08-26-2003 08:06 PM

CA bottles and nozzles

Yepper... get a extra nozzle (unopened) or a cap that will fit the ca bottle. Squeeze the air out, put the new cap on and store in the fridge.

Soak the clogged cap in acetone or nail polish remover to remove the clog. Save cap for next use.

If the nozzle does not unscrew from the bottle, just Poke a stiff pin down the nozz. :rolleyes: