RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   Where can I order the slimline F1 or Excel fueler? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/826906-where-can-i-order-slimline-f1-excel-fueler.html)

sizam 06-02-2003 07:10 PM

Where can I order the slimline F1 or Excel fueler?

None of my local shops carry them and they look pretty slick so I want them in my Extra. Where can I order them online, I couldn't find anyplace?

Thanks.

MHawker 06-02-2003 08:35 PM

Have you tried www.slimlineproducts.com ?

Mike

sizam 06-02-2003 08:36 PM

I could't order direct from them and they only list brick and motor shops, no online links.

SilverEagle2 06-02-2003 08:39 PM

Tower sells the setup...

Tower(click here) sells them. I have the builder set on backorder till mid June.

If you call Slimline, they do sell direct but at a premium.

Jason

ramboamt 06-02-2003 08:42 PM

Out of stock

They have been "out of stock" :spinnyeye for about a month on the F1 fuelers, we are on the back order list, and as for the Excel fueler this is a new item and if they run " as usual" it will probably be several months before they come out with the "NEW" fueling system. :drowning:
Richard D.

sizam 06-02-2003 08:50 PM

Well crap :P

Flyin Woodbutcher 06-02-2003 09:20 PM

Hey sizam you ever wonder why so much stuff is advertised and not avaliable for sale? I agree crap

japan3d 06-03-2003 12:03 AM

I think it has

to do with how much demand they get for the product. If no demand then it just gets put back in the drawer. I am in Japan and my latest helicopter was advertised for over a year and half in all the magazines here before it was finally available to purchase.

ericrcpilot 06-03-2003 12:06 AM

I purchased the builders pack in Feb and put it in all my planes. It works great. No more sticking valves!!!! Yeeehaaa.

Wayne22 06-03-2003 03:18 AM

Well that looks a lot better than the last version which was a push fit. Trouble is they fit so good, none of us have any finger nails left after trying to remove the plugs. Adding the threads is a nice touch.

fishgod 06-03-2003 02:44 PM

F1 Fueler

I just removed the F1 system from my plane. I put in my first gas plane and after the 3rd tank of gas I couldnt get the plug out of the plane to refuel it. Once I got it out I couldnt get the fuel prob into it to fuel it back up again. What I found is that the O rings swell and makes it impossible to use. I went back to the old trusty fuel dot. I have emailed Slimline to see if other people are having the same problem yesterday. I waiting for a reply. The only other Problem I see with it is that you have to have the fuel receptical alot higher then the fuel tank because when you take the fuel prob out after filling the tank the fuel runs out. Good concept but after my experience I'm not really impressed.

Stratos 06-03-2003 03:06 PM

I have the same experience with fishgod. It gets harder and harder to pull the plug out.
But the fuel probe seems to be working ok so far. Going in and out that is, cause even though my tank is lower than the plug I still have to be careful as not to spill any fuel when I unplug the probe. I think the only way that thing will work best is to mount it vertical.

As far as the plug I started using a flat screwdriver to pry it out. My nails started bleeding and detaching from my thumbs :eek: and I HAD to find another way.

Stratos.-

SilverEagle2 06-03-2003 03:19 PM

I would...

1 Attachment(s)
Grind a slot (shown in red below) in the backside of the plug and shazam, easy way to grip and hidden.

My 2 Cents

sizam 06-03-2003 03:44 PM

Anybody try the dubro plug? Its spring loaded so when you insert the fueler it pushes the plug in and fuels up, when you remove the fueler the spring closes up behind you. I just saw it yesterday at the LHS but didn't buy it because I was worried that if the spring started to wear it would leak fuel.

Edit: Looked around and found that a small number of people did find that it leaked and setup a 3 line system so that if it leaks it doesn't matter...

fishgod 06-03-2003 06:46 PM

I am impressed with the customer service. I recieved a response to my email that I sent yesterday. They said the following

Michael,

We have in stock now a new Viton o-ring that doesn’t swell. If you’ll e-mail me your address, then I’ll send you what you need. Thank you, Ron Eker

[email protected]

Ron Eker

Slimline Products

Well I might have to give it another try.

Stratos 06-03-2003 06:58 PM

Ask and you shall....

..receive.

Hey fishgod. You don't mind if I ask this guy to send me the stuff too?? do you?? :stupid:

Stratos.-

fishgod 06-03-2003 07:20 PM

I dont mind.

Tiger 06-03-2003 07:27 PM

I sent these guys an email about a week ago, asking about the near imposible to remove older version that I have, and they never got back to me. I was polite as well. Glad some of you are getting better service.

Flyin Woodbutcher 06-03-2003 09:53 PM

I called them on the phone a mounth ago and was told the same thing. I have never recieved the new seals yet If anyone does get the new seals let us know

Kent

SilverEagle2 06-03-2003 09:59 PM

Perhaps..

That is why they are back-ordered at tower. They are waiting for the new seals as well maybe.

Jason

sizam 06-03-2003 10:00 PM

As for bleeding fingernails, why not mount a ring or something to the plug so you can just yank on the ring?

fishgod 06-03-2003 10:14 PM

When they are new they just slip in perfectly and slide out with out a problem. When the O ring swells it is next to impossible to get out. I had to put one hand on the plane to keep from breaking the plywood and use a screwdriver to pry it out. No finger nails were going to take mine out.

r degen 06-04-2003 01:24 AM

Hey I called Slimline about two weeks ago and they sent me a couple of new O-rings and two new plugs with O-rings on them , they work GREAT NOW ! no more missing finger nails. Randy

sizam 06-16-2003 04:35 PM

I just called Slimline and placed an order for two Excel Fuler sets, the F1's looked good but the Excel looks awesome with the screw off lid. He said they'd ship in a couple days FYI.

Paul Cataldo 06-19-2003 12:40 AM

Guys,
Will the F1's filler probe fit into the Excel fuel dot? I just bought the M1 fuel system for gas, and would like to know if the F1 probe will work with the Excel dot. Thanks.