Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Gee Bee "Y"

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 01:24 AM
mogman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gee Bee "Y"

Guys,
I am building a 1/2 scale Gee Bee "Y". Glass fuse, foam core wings, absolutely no information with the kit with regards to tail incidence. I have a set of 1/4 scale Ikon N'west plans and it looks to be about 2 or 3 deg.+ I have a Pacific Aeromodels 97" "Y" and it is set up as close as I can measure it at 0 deg. The wing is about 2 deg.+ This plane is an absolute sweetheart to fly so I am leaning towards using these measurements. I haven't built the wing for the 1/2 size yet so I have no idea what that incidence is.

I would like to get this right the first time as I really don't want to break the Moki 400! I have searched the web high and low but can find no reference to incidences.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers,
Dave.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Rellic

Default RE: Gee Bee

Greetings From Vernon Dave
I just looked at my Henry Haffke 1/4 scale Y plans and they show tail at +2 deg. wing at +4 deg.
Henry's plans call for a 4 deg wing dihedral.
My 97" Model Y is still uncovered and my tail is zero with wing at +3 deg incidence.
Hope this helps
Brian T.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:17 PM
mogman

Default RE: Gee Bee

Thanks for the info, Brian.

The Gee Bee is on hold at the moment while I put together an AMR 40% Waco....going together very nicely, and very qiuckly.

Cheers,
Dave.