Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

AR Smart Bus Extreme/ RRS power expanders?!?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

AR Smart Bus Extreme/ RRS power expanders?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 10:06 AM
757RC_Flyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up AR Smart Bus Extreme/ RRS power expanders?!?

Hey guys, I'm new to RCU and so far from browsing it over(prior to becoming a member) I've found it to be awesome in way of helpful advice,etc. I just started building a brand new Extreme Flight 110" Yak54 that I just purchased 2 weeks ago and this will be the largest 3D plane I've owned to date. I'm going all out on this beauty with the best equipment and also I'm looking for peace of mind in way of redundancy and safeguarding my investment as best I can!With that said, I've decided to put a power expander. I was looking at a powerbox but I find the led screen to be way to small for my liking so I'm now looking at the AR Smart Bus Extreme cause it has a much larger full color touchscreen. I noticed that AR came out with the original Extreme and now they are offering a newly released model, the RRS which is supposed to offer the very best in redundancy and also has a cooling fan! I'd very much appreciate any helpful input/ advice, pro/cons when it comes to power expanders!
Old 06-18-2018, 08:18 PM
Steve S. Helland
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, both brands are very dependable and I have had NO ISSUES whatsoever. I've just put the 14th flight on my giant H-9 EXTRA 300. I opted for using the AR SMART BUS ELITE on this one because it costs less, has some REALLY cool features and I'm really happy with its performance. I went with all high voltage servos and power this one with dual 5400 Lipo's. I did my homework and contacted Rick G. over in Aussy land and his tech dept a couple of times via email before ordering. The dual built in intellimatch units are worth it. When I did order Booma did not quite have the US warehouse set up quite yet and it took a month to get my order. I'm sure it is set up now...right?
I am currently setting up a PJ-260 with a NOS Smart-Fly power expander and feeding it with a newer batt-Share Deluxe via dual 2300 LIFE batteries. What's nice about these units is that they are proven in thousands of successful model aircraft...It really boils down to what features you need. My biplane would not be big enough for the AR unit with no viewing of the touch screen so, I went with SF on this one.