Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ziroli p-38 questions

Hi i am building the ziroli p-38 and just startd the centre section.. i have run into a problem when i install the main spar on the crutch and put end ribs w7 in place with the rib supports the ribs wont fit into the spar notches the spar is to low ..the plans state to use 3 5/16 front and rear and the spar seems to sit to low for the 3 5/16... but when i jig it up with out the spar fully set in the cructch it fits ? there is about an 1/8 of an inch gap between the main spar notche's and the crutch .. spar was joined as per plan and i dont know why it doesnt fit correctly... i had glued it in as instructed but removed it as the fit was no good . anyone have any sugestions i would appreciate any tips i can get on building this plane.
    i am including a pic to show the gap i have.
    thanks jon.[img][/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om31783.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	1572661   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq47624.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	1572662  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ziroli p-38 questions

if you go to the ziroli website, ziroliplans.com there is a contact number, call them and tell them your problem and there is a guy there i cant remember his name but they will put you in contact with him and he builds and flys all their models and he can help with any build isues you might be happening, he also works there so he is the man.

Scott Medina
    Zirloi P-51

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Leggtech69

*if you go to the ziroli website, ziroliplans.com there is a contact number, call them and tell them your problem and there is a guy there i cant remember his name but they will put you in contact with him and he builds and flys all their models and he can help with any build isues you might be happening, he also works there so he is the man.

Scott Medina
    Zirloi P-51
    I believe his name is Nick Ziroli Jr. and your right, he knows how to fly.
    KEEP UM FLYIN

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there is some one other than Nick that works their and their job is to answer these types of questions. i believe his name is Doug but will verify and post.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the person you need to contact is Mike Gross. He works at Ziroli and is a builder of their planes. He can answer any questions you might have. His email is, MGross31@aol.com .

Scott Medina
    Ziroli P-51

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thank i have contacted him.seems the ribs are not drawn corect or something ? i framed the center section and shimed it as per plan used a straight edge to ensure the trailing edge was inline, and now the leading edge ribs are not in line ? i would need to build up a few ribs to get them to be inline??? not sure whats going on with this thing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not sure of the answer to this one, i would be contacting Mike Gross again and share pics? Sorry i dont have an answer .

Scott Medina