Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

100cc carbon cub

If you have this plane wouldnt fly it till beef up the strut attachment points in the wings or it will lawn dart like mine when the wings leave the plane, during MILD flight.They offered to help by selling me another plane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us54138.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	1743978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fb87965.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	1743979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hm22369.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	1743980  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 100cc carbon cub

Did you say SELLING? not sending another one?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gotta love the quality Chinese craftmanship. Not.........
    Tim Schuy
    tschuy@comcast.net
    AMA #77316
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeh Aeroworks will sell me another one . My opinion they should replace plane free and I still have lost a ton of money for the canisters the smartfly board and the left cyl. broke.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: allelectricpdq

If you have this plane wouldnt fly it till beef up the strut attachment points in the wings or it will lawn dart like mine when the wings leave the plane, during MILD flight.They offered to help by selling me another plane
    Quote Originally Posted by j3kitten View Post
    Got one dont fly it till you beef up the strut attachment points in the wings or youll have a very expensive lawn dart like mine.After first few flight of MILD flying the wings left the plane.I can send pics to your e-mail of the attachment points showing almost no glue and they are insufficient.The company has helped me by offering to sell me another
    John, once again Aeroworks would like to apologize for the issue that you experienced. Please know that we reviewed all of the pictures you sent and we feel confident that the strut mount was not what caused your airplane to lose a wing in flight. The 100cc Carbon Cub was designed so the wing would remain intact even if both struts were not installed. We do not recommend flying the airplane without the struts but the design is so strong that this could be done.

We feel that the airplane was over powered and was subjected to tremendous stresses before the failure occurred. The 150-170cc motor recommendation was only made for flight a 150-170cc motor is too much power for the Carbon Cub and can easily over speed the airplane. This over powering and probable over speeding of the airplane resulted in flutter which caused the failure you experienced.

We have spoken too many of our customers who are flying their Carbon Cubs with great success, in fact we spoke with another customer yesterday who has close to 150 flights on his plane and has not had a single issue. He is one of many that I have personally spoken to who have not had any issue with the Carbon Cub.

As far as flight testing goes, I personally did the flight testing on our prototype here in Denver and put many flights on the airplane without any major issues. The issues that I did find were minor but we still made sure to fix them on the production airplanes. Aeroworks puts a lot of time and effort into flight testing all of our models before they are available to the modeling public. We also have a test airplane in China that has been flown at many contests and Float Fly’s without issues. This airplane is flown by our Factory R&D Team and they too have not found any issues. This model is from the exact same manufacturing lot that your airplane came from. It is equipped with a DLE 170 and a custom float set we have been developing, they do not fly the airplane without floats due to the extreme amounts of power the 170 provides for this 100cc airframe.

I would also like to address a couple of inconstancies from your posts that I feel need to be out in the open.

When you spoke to Kim on the phone you mentioned this was the β€œMaiden Flight” in your post above this happened in the β€œFirst few flights” not that this would have effected our decision but I think it is best that everyone now involved in this discussion know all of the facts before going further.

Upon reviewing your issue and determining the cause of the failure we contacted you and let you know what we would be able to do for you. We offered you a new 100cc Carbon Cub at a 50% discount, this is actually below our manufacturing cost for the airplane by the way. I am sorry if you do not feel this is enough but it is the best we can do considering the circumstances. This offer still stands by the way and we will gladly honor it if you like.

If you have any questions or would like to dicuss the points I made above further feel free to email or call me.
    Mark Dennis
    (303) 371-4222 Ext 105
    Mark@Aero-Works.Net

What size engine was in the cub when it crashed? if it was within the recomended engine size (150 - 170 ) as stated from the company above, id say you did nothing wrong. not surprised the company blamed the crash on overpowering cause God forbid they be in the wrong.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: airzona

What size engine was in the cub when it crashed? if it was within the recomended engine size (150 - 170 ) as stated from the company above, id say you did nothing wrong. not surprised the company blamed the crash on overpowering cause God forbid they be in the wrong.
    The airplane is meant to be flown with a 100-120cc motor, a 150cc motor was used in this airplane.

Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This has been discussed elsewhere as well..........don't think I will be owning an AW plane anytime in the future!!!!!!!!
    I didn\'\'\'\'t choose Mojo, Mojo chose me PRO BRO #1963

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Why would someone put more then a 100cc in this ship??? 100cc is more then enough thrust for this Cub!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aero works Carbon Cub landing gear

Hi All,

Has anyone had any issues with the landing gear? The main gear axles seem to be very weak. Any kind of lateral maneuvering on the runway, and the axles will bend inward. By lateral maneuvering, I mean trying to steer the plane to keep it on the runway. I can manually straighten the axles with my bare hands by grabbing the wheels, so it seems like the metal is kind of low-quality. What is everyone using on the tail gear? I have some weak springs and the Cub has a mind of its own sometimes.

Josh Glaab
    Team Horizon

Not that its any of my business, but why are the strut mountings just glued into what look like mortises in the ribs... no structure has been captured with that design... you're totally relying on the glue to carry the load... even though it can fly on the wing tubes alone, I would like to see something that locks the mountings into the structure of the wing.

John M,
    Last edited by John_M_; 03-13-2014 at 10:05 PM.
    Cub Brother # 203

Quote Originally Posted by tschuy View Post
    Gotta love the quality Chinese craftmanship. Not.........
    Quote Originally Posted by allelectricpdq View Post
    Yeh Aeroworks will sell me another one . My opinion they should replace plane free and I still have lost a ton of money for the canisters the smartfly board and the left cyl. broke.
    OOPS. Now that we know it's Aeroworks, is this where we start making up excuses? That is the normal thing for name brands on RCU.
    Back Roads Outlaws Revver #165

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Dennis View Post
    Please know that we reviewed all of the pictures you sent and we feel confident that the strut mount was not what caused your airplane to lose a wing in flight.
    Mark Dennis
    (303) 371-4222 Ext 105
    Mark@Aero-Works.Net
    Can you say the same in my case with Bravata?I'll load photos lower. I live in Russia, and I can't change the planes so easy as USA resident.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140923_201451.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	2040240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140923_201219.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	2040239 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140928_150351.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	2040238

Last edited by AkimRU; 10-14-2014 at 09:03 AM.