Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

NitroPlanes 30cc J3 Cub

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

NitroPlanes 30cc J3 Cub

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 09:36 AM
im_a_rcav8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NitroPlanes 30cc J3 Cub

I have my eye on the J3 Piper Cub (30cc size) for sale at NitroPlanes.com.It is an ARF and what caught my eye is the graphics… It just looks cool.

My question is this:

Who has this ARF?It is a very low price and I am worried that it may be a case of “you get what you pay for”.What I don’t want to do is buy a $250.00 ARF that needs another $250 in odds and ends.
Opinions? Comments?
Old 08-05-2012, 04:15 PM
STUKA BARRY

Default RE: NitroPlanes 30cc J3 Cub

The features state a high quality hardware package, but it is an arf and with all arfs its up to the owners dicretion as to the airworthiness of any prebuilt model. That alot of airplane for $250, too bad its a clipped wing.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Just make sure you go through and glue the important parts. They like to skimp on the glue.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:21 AM
im_a_rcav8r

Some of the guys at the field got talking about ARF planes.A common problem, regardless of the brand, appears to be the tail feathers.All three guys in our “round table” discussion noted broken tail parts after a few flights – now they all fly different airplanes ranging from 30cc-55cc.I will pay special attention to the tail.
I guess I will just have to get one shipped to me, go over it with a fine tooth comb and glue/reinforce the parts that look most vulnerable.I have never purchased an ARF of this size; I usually build from kits.With the price so low I just thought it sounded like a good deal.I hope I don’t kick myself in the pants after buying it.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:16 PM
dzbum
My Feedback: (5)

I am looking at the same thing on sale for $209. I have a 30cc Grasser that I converted a few years ago and needs a home. Has anyone got a quality report on this ARF yet?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:53 AM
im_a_rcav8r

I have not ordered mine yet. I have to put together my presentation and get approval from the purchasing department (wife).Just spent $450 on a new plane not too long ago and I didn't fill out the properrequisition forms n now I am on probation.So I have to work this one in kind of slick like.I will post an update when I get mine in the air.