Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Cessna 206 1/5 Scale ARF

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Cessna 206 1/5 Scale ARF

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 02:52 PM
RonTins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cessna 206 1/5 Scale ARF

After having built a Cessna 182 ARF by Hangar 9, I am in search of a new project and I have set my sights on a Cessna 206 scaled model. Let me know if there are any kits or ARF's out there that come very true to scale with navigation, stobes, landing and anti collition lights and would also accomodate an OS FF-320 Pegusus engine.
It would be a plus if the model come with opening doors, just like the real version.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:42 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Cessna 206 1/5 Scale ARF

This is not a kit, nor an ARF, but a set of plans. http://www.hostetlersplans.com/cessna206.html

A source for accessories is published on the website.

National Balsa or Precision Cut Kits can easily provide a wood kit.

Lights can be purchased from Electro Dynamics.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 PM
scaleman57
My Feedback: (23)

Go to Austairs web site they have a Cessna 206 I believe thats an ARF.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:40 PM
scaleman57
My Feedback: (23)

Sorry Fiifi Austars LTD is the site.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 AM
RonTins

ORIGINAL: scaleman57

Sorry Fiifi Austars LTD is the site.
Thanks Scaleman for informing me about Austars LTD. Upon visiting their site, it seems that not too many people have this model and neither is the price listed on there. Also does not mention whether it comes with doors and a detailed cocpit interior like its bigger sister version of the 182.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:28 PM
RonTins

Having built the Cessna 182 by Hangar 9 which is about 94.75 inches in wing span, I have been entertaining the thought of acquiring it’s slightly bigger sister version of the Cessna 206 Stationair in a 1/4.5 scale of its full scale version. It would be even more appealing if this ARF has a nice scale appearance and ideally, an engine such as the four stroke OS 320 FF Pegasus nicely hidden away inside the cowl.
It will also be great if features such as fully functional opening doors and luggage bay door, navigation, strobes, beacon and landing lights are incorporated into the model. It would also be neat if all linkages for the control surfaces were hidden, with the exception of the ailerons.
The aft end of the fuselage should also be one that can be removed or easily accessed to get to the servos and linkages for the rudder and elevator if possible.

Any helpful leads on acquiring one will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: A recent response from Tmmy and Austars seem to indicate that they do not have any plans of producing any ARF's for the Cessna 206, 207 versions. Does anyone know any out there for sale in 1/4.5 size?