Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Seagull Edge 540 muffler

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Seagull Edge 540 muffler

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 09:57 AM
427jimmy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull Edge 540 muffler

Just bought a Seagull Edge 540 60. Using a Super Tiger 90. Anyone know about pitts style mufflers for this combo? I looked at a Bisson 2176 or a Slimline 6002U . There's not much room in the cowl and I dont want to cut it up unless absolutely necessary. Both these mufflers seem similar in depth and have the rear angled outlet tubes. Any suggestions ? Thanks
Old 05-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Pueo
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Seagull Edge 540 muffler

I flew that airplane for quite a while. It was my go to everyday flyer. The stock muffler will work. I put a dubros rubber muffler extension on the muffler to lead the exhaust out the bottom. I believe I bought a pitts muffler and couldn't get it to fit. Make sure you add some reinforcement to the fire wall. The seagull kits are a little weak there. Have fun
Old 05-10-2013, 01:25 AM
427jimmy

Default RE: Seagull Edge 540 muffler

Did you mount the engine at an angle to get the muffler in the center beneath the engine? Any suggestions on CG? Lots of people dont seem to like the recommended location.
With this lighter engine I was going to move the rudder servo to the radio compartment and use a pull-pull setup, Did you do this?
Any tips on flying characteristics?

Thanks much, Jim