Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Gruman Ag-Cat

He does not have a website. He is a one man show and starts building your kit after you order it. normally takes a few weeks depending on how many others he is working on. Here is his number406 278-3380.
    carl h stewart jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi to all you Duster Fans. I'm wanting to know if there is anyone here willing to swop Floyd Fitzgerald Ag-Cat plans in electronic format for a set of 1/5 scale PZL M18a Dromader plans in electronic format.

Anyting R/c

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Someone has a PDF of the Ag Cat plans?? I would love a copy.

Phil

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is the start of my 1/12 scale 42" wingspan Grumman G-164 AgCat designed and kitted by Pat Trittle at www.patscustom-models.com . I have modified the vertical stab to replicate the enlarged tail versions. I will also modify the wings to have the squared off "Hershey" tips. Power will come from either a 400 or 480 sized electric motor on 11.1 volt 3s LiPo batteries. Currently I have just the fuselage and the tail feathers framed up. I will start on the wings shortly!

I know it's not the big Floyd Fitzgerald or the Duane Habets one; but it's an AgCat none the less. I needed my Ag fix! Not having the space or materials to work on Floyd's version I started the little one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	If10581.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	1851120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki18074.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	1851121  
    Trinity

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

still nice no matter what size

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by outacontrol41 View Post
    Hey Walt! How you doin? Yea, I remember a ways back on this thread conversing with Brian about using this engine and I feel fairly confident I'm doing the right thing. Just have some reservations about it when I think about the weight of that engine...but it should be okay. I'll probably start on mine this winter as well - gotta finish up this H9 J-3 Cub I just started on. It's gonna have a Saito FG 30 gas four stroke for power. Should sound sweet in the air. But I'm really looking forward to getting to work on the AgCat. I'll definately post pictures when I do. It's been a long time coming to finally build this plane...I'm now closer than ever.

Wally
    Well, I apologize for my giant fib. I was NOT closer than ever to getting to start putting this plane together. It's been sitting on the table for about two years now and I realize I'm not getting any younger. Gonna take another shot at it this fall/winter and maybe fly this spring. Work and family life has drained my interest in anything else. Wonder if anybody else on this thread still has their Ag Cat and is still in the building process? Anyone still interested in this plane?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Still interested, Still lurking, Still haven't started a build!
    George Waldrop~AMA-L1307~IMAA-LM207~Have a Blessed Day!
    Waco Brotherhood #151 ~~ Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood #58

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I'm still interested. That evolution 7 cylinder radial would be perfect for it.
    carl h stewart jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Okay, I'm setting about 2 or 3 degrees of right thrust for the Moki 150....big engine and big prop pushing about 10 hp (although I'll never subject the plane to full throttle). So, should I go with standard 2 degrees or a little more? In the photo the yard stick shows the angle I've set currently. It's not bolted and I can still adjust. Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-82.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	1939093  
    Last edited by outacontrol41; 11-13-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hey Wally
    So you are going to build her finally...I would stay with 2 degs, I think 3 may to to much then you are going to be fighting the rudder all the time. I still have my AT602 never finished my spray system on it but still love flying the plane, maybe this winter I will work on it some more.
    Keep us ag boys posted on your build.

Walt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hey, Walt. Looks like the 'ag boys' have moved on to other things based on the response so far.... this threads better days are behind it as it appears. I will post pics and try regenerate interest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Still lurking here! Have the plans, but no time to build ATM...Keep working and we'll keep watching!
    George Waldrop~AMA-L1307~IMAA-LM207~Have a Blessed Day!
    Waco Brotherhood #151 ~~ Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood #58

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Worked on it some more tonight...beefing up the fire wall and side walls (engine box) to handle this heavy but powerful engine.
    As I mounted the Moki on the airframe for fit I realized the engine is really just right for this plane...the engine size is a close match to scale. The only issue is the weight of the engine. But maybe that can be to my advantage when it's time to balance. As a last resort if come into balancing problems, I can unbolt the engine box and slide forward or backward as needed and drill new holes and refasten.
    Does anyone know if Duane Habets is still making and selling these kits?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Wally I haven't talked to Duane in over a year "shame on me" Bigstew might know. Daune is getting up their in years so I don't know. This engine you are using is the perfect fit for a radial. This is what I plan to use if I build this plane.

Walt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    No 'if' about it...I'm blazing the trail for you...you'll know what to do. Save your $$$ for this engine and go for it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Last I talked to duane, he said the last guy that put a moki 150 on the agcat had hell taking off because of the torque the engine produced. He sold it and the guy that bought it put a g62 on it and it flew fine. I am gonna have to give duane a call soon because I crashed my 502 that flew at top gun this year and I want to order another. I think the evolution 77 or 99 radial radial would be a better option and more scale looking. I have to finish a corsair I been building for three years then I will decide if I will build the agcat from the plans I have or buy Duane's.
    carl h stewart jr

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718