Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Gruman Ag-Cat

Here are a few more pictures that I couldn't fit in the previous note.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay74941.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	1101381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db84809.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	1101382   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig11487.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	1101383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca80865.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	1101384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd92299.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	1101385  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki18407.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	1101386  
    Brian Keith Fontenot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

.......... KUDOS Carried Over from the Other thread ! ! ! ! ............. VERY NICE PROGRESS ! ! ! !
    . P.S..... The Turbo Cat Pics are also MUCH APPRECCIATED Toooo ............ I'm Still playing with Ideas on THAT one Toooo.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's a few pictures of the servo covers I made out of drop tanks from a VQ Models P-51 Mustang. I basically split the tanks at the seams and built flanges for them. I installed hard points into the bottom wings and screwed them onto the wings. I think it came out pretty well. I did this for cosmetic reason only. I just wanted to hide the servo. Enjoy the pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw66711.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	1105159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig12863.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	1105160   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp43494.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	1105161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ol31333.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	1105162  
    Brian Keith Fontenot

OK,let's see some updates,spring is getting close and I want this thing in the air!!!Hope all is well and look forward to hearing from you with an update.Is LaPorte about back to normal now?
    Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Joe,

Good to hear from you. Yep, LaPorte is coming back online. I mounted the engine last night. This week I hope to get the receiver, throttle servo, fuel tank and batteries all installed. I'm trying to get the DH Agcat airworthy within a couple of weeks. As soon as I make the first flight (hopefully this month-March) I can give Duane the go ahead to start selling the kits if everything checks out in the test flight. I'll try to post some more pictures this week of some progress. I won't have any of the cockpit details on the first flight. I just want to make sure she's airworthy and then I'll break her down a bit and complete the details. Take care

Brian Keith Fontenot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rychaross

As soon as I make the first flight (hopefully this month-March) I can give Duane the go ahead to start selling the kits

I read this with checkbook in hand...pen full of ink....hand physically fit to write.....$$$ in bank. It's up to you and Duane to make me start writing. Don't delay. Thanks for update.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh man............that was funny.........you're ready huh. I don't blame you at all. You are really, really going to enjoy this awesomely rare bird. I'm going to order the scale dummy radial this week, but I won't have it installed on the test flight. My plan is to have one of my friends at the field to video for the test flight. I want us all to share in the enjoyment of a long awaited dream for so many of us. Take care.
    Brian Keith Fontenot

Good to hear your getting close.Look forward to hearing the flight reports.If it flys as good as it looks,it will be awsome.Glad you guys are getting back to normal.
    Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

..........................................HEY, ! ! ! . . WANT TO SEE AN R.C. Ag-Cat ACTUALLY FLY ! ? ! ? [X(] ................... I Don't remember seing this Posted anywhere yet , SO , Check out the 3 TEASER CLIPS on this guys Site ! [sm=wink_smile.gif]
    .................................................. .. Lets give this a Try . . . . . .. [link]http://billshotdogs.com[/link] ... . . . .. .. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . Pretty Scaled Out ! ! ! !
    ......... OH, HEY , ! . . He Also Sells the Plans for it .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

............................. B.T.W. .............. There is a Guy on EBAY right now with a set of 36" span Plans for a Control line Ag-Cat that I'm SURE could be Made for R.C. !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ACP....that's cool!! How'd you find this guy? Plans only? What wingspan? The website doesn't tell much.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Okay...I see now....I gotta call! ACP, you gonna order plans for this one? Aren't you working on one already?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm Here. . . I just sent email for specs. and price . . I'm Sure it would be easier to CALL ! ! !. ............. The PLANS DO look a Little Different as far as the Firewall looks on the plan . .......... If I get them it might be JUST for DAYDREAMING ! ! [sm=bananahead.gif] ................................... I haven't a chance to get to mine YET ! ! ! ! . And I've been Back on you know who's case about a Certain WING KIT THAT STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED ! ! ! [:@] IF I had ALL the Parts I'd be a Little More Apt to get STarted on it again .
    . After work i just typed in Grumman Ag-Cat on Int.Explorer And a Drop down came up for it with one for MODEL . And there it was ! .................. This looks like the plane we saw on that other Site I put up a while back .
    I was actually Trying to find the 36" set of plans on EBAY right now . But I saw you and decided to drop in .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This guy is totally new on the scene. Several months ago, maybe up to a year, I was doing extensive search for ANYONE who was offering the plans or kit for this model but found nothing. Even Youtube had nothing and I'm sure you were searching, too. Especially videos!! lol[sm=bananahead.gif] I'll give the guy a call later to find out specs if you don't get to it first. I still have the old 90'' ws plan on the table for a future build...but that could change now. BTW....COOL video of rc the Ag Cat in flight. I'm impressed. I wonder how Keith in Texas is coming along with Duane Habet's prototype ARF. He had a good progress report last time he chimed in.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm having the batteries built this week. Really all I have left remaining to get her ready for the test flight is install the batteries, fuel tank, plumbing, receiver and connect the wires and balance her and she's ready. I should have her ready for her 1st test flight by the weekend of 03/14/09. I'll only fly her if the wind conditions are favorable so pray for decent weather. As soon as I insure that she is airworthy then I will give Duane the go-ahead to start selling the kits.........YEEHAW......[sm=teeth_smile.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif] 2009 will be the year of the AGCAT. Keep in mind she won't be finished. I'm just getting her ready for the test flight. I will do my best to have one of my friends video her and if I can do that then I'll post it on You Tube for all to see.
    Brian Keith Fontenot

Sounds great,I know we are all waiting to see how she flys!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I second that. Good luck on the maiden and I hope all goes well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

............................................... [sm=teeth_smile.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif] ! ! ! ! ! . FREAKIN COOOOOL ! ! ! ! ! ! [sm=tongue_smile.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif] ...........................
    THE GUY JUST EMAILED ME HIS CONSTRUCTION FILE WITH COMPLETE BUILD ! ! ! ! ! PICS> AND ALL ! ! ! ! ! [sm=wink_smile.gif]
    ................... [sm=49_49.gif] . . OUTACONTROL > > > I WILL FORWARD YOU MY EMAIL DIRECTLY, AS I'm NOT SURE HOW TO GET IT HERE ! ! ! . .. . . ENJOY ! ! ! ! !!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ACP......Thanks!.......File came through okay with build instructions included but no pics or illustrations. It came as a Microsoft Word file wich only uses text, no bitmap or picture files. Are you gonna send the $35 for plans? It's a bit smaller than the Fitzgerald plans.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

........................[] . WELL That is a Bit of a BUMMER ! ! ! ! ............... IT WAS REALLY NICE TO SEE ONE being built through It's Stages . ! ? > / ? ! ..................... THAT was the Part I was Most Excited about . . . . . When I FIRST started Scrolling down , Some of the PICS. were Delayed some But the writing WAS there . .............. WHEN I DOWNLOADED From Email , I hit the BOTTOM ,FILE NAME .And it took Mine about 10 - 15 minutes to get it Downloaded .
    IT is a 7' Wing span , And IS built a little DIFFERENTLY . ............................... I might see if I can send it someother way ? ! ................................ OR , , , Email Him And he can SEND SAME ! .
    The Bits of PLANs shown look GOOD , Nice and CLEAR . . . .. . . .. . ... I WILL try to get the plans , BUT I bought a Bunch of stuff I didn't NEED on EBAY , SO I may be Broke now .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I dunno, man....this thing is smaller than Fitzgerald and I'm the kind of guy that like BIG airplanes. This is kind of like going backwards for me. I'm not knocking the guy's build technique or style...it's just that I would be a whole lot more excited about this if it were plans for a 96'' wingspan model using a G62 or better engine. I've still got to get to my Ag Cat build one of these days. Or maybe not...depending on what comes from Duane H in the near future. [8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So did you get the pics to come through ? . I haven't gotten back to the file yet . ....................... Besides , I thought earlier on you WANTED a SMALLER ONE ? ! . AAAND you could ALWAYS BLOW IT UP !
    EBAY had the Control line plans at 34"" ! , and AMA had a set of 36" plans for a rubber band powered CAT . . [:-]
    I WOULD like to see you BUILD one , As you have a more CAPABLE set up / shop Than I do . . . . THAT's MY BIGGEST HINDERENCE ! ! !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: anothercrashpilot

So did you get the pics to come through ? . I haven't gotten back to the file yet . ....................... Besides , I thought earlier on you WANTED a SMALLER ONE ?
    [sm=50_50.gif] No...that definately wasn't me who said that. My typical cutoff point is 85'' ws which is exactly what my H9 clipped wing Taylorcraft is. I'd never want anything smaller than that, for sure.

BTW...pics never came through. [&o] And................I will build one right here on this thread.............stayed tuned!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

.................................................. ..... [sm=omg_smile.gif] ................... HEY,! ! Check out [link]http://billshotdogs.com[/link] Ag-cat Website now ! ? He added to it and now has Wingspan at 8' ! ? ! /
    Will email to Verify span . . . . . He also states to send sample Const. Manual . ! . . . . Try it NOW and see if PICs. come through . . . [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's 8 ft. now????? 96'' wing span???? can anyone verify this? I've just become very interested!
    It's been my experience in the past that a 96'' ws biplane will weighh MORE than 17 lbs. and require MORE than a G26 to lift it off the ground.
    My 89'' ws Flair PT-17 Stearman weighs 26 lbs. and uses a G62 for power.
    How'd we get from 84'' to 96''? Are there two versions available?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast