Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Robart repair

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 05:08 AM
crtmmac
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robart repair

Hi. I have the Robart repair kit, but does anyone know how you dissassemble a cylinder so I can replace the O rings?

Robarts website is pretty thin on maintenance instructions.

thx
Old 09-23-2013, 06:59 PM
robart-joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crtmmac
Hi. I have the Robart repair kit, but does anyone know how you dissassemble a cylinder so I can replace the O rings?

Robarts website is pretty thin on maintenance instructions.

thx
Depending on the cylinder you have, the parts may vary but generally, whatever is connected to the end of the piston rod has to come off. This is usually attached with thread locker so it might be slightly difficult. With that part removed, the cylinder cap can be un-threaded from the cylinder body. There is a cap / body o-ring, a piston shaft o-ring, and a piston o-ring. All three can be replaced and a thin coat of grease (White lithium) can be applied before re-assembly.

Re-attach the part to the end of the piston rod with blue thread locker and your cylinder should be good as new.

Joe Rehak
Engineering / Ops
[email protected]