Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Giant Citabria GP/EP ARF 85"

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Great Planes Giant Citabria GP/EP ARF 85"

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 06:19 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came home this Friday afternoon to find my new motor. Everything seems right. There is not a lot of money spent on packaging, just a white box and bubble wrap. I talked to them about the motor and they say they test run every motor for 30 min. Happy to hear that really. But it may be for their own sake since this is a new motor and quality testing 100 % is maybe a good idea for now. We will never know how many go back to the factory.
I checked the motor with my Aero-Works 30 cc Extra and only the plug tips and wires would stick out of the cowl. But, that cowl is only 8 inches wide, the motor with plugs is 8 3/8 without the wires on. The exhaust stack are not perfectly straight down, there is about a half degree or less and they both flare out. But it is not much, and once the cowl is in place it would not be noticeable I think.
I am in no hurry to pick an airplane for it right now. The Citabria may be a good pick, but not the only one. I like to go a little faster, and if not faster, then more wild. I don't know if this plane can do that.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:33 AM
a70eliminator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So why not custom modify the cowl with an opening trimmed off with a couple of teardrop fairings, it's always a compliment to have something that the next doesn't or else it's just another same ol same ol.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:16 AM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Any news on this Model? Mine on order sense mid July. Site says On Order.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:07 PM
slembones
My Feedback: (1)

yeah they are out of 'um probably see them in oct, next batch that is..
Old 09-03-2014, 03:28 PM
[email protected]

I just ordered about 6 servos for this plane, the Hitec HS5645MG. And after thinking about it, I pre ordered the Citabria from Tower tonight. dont know when it will be available, they changed it from available in early September, to "on order". so I was at GravesRC this afternoon and got the flight battery, switch, and prop for this airplane. The owner said it is due to be shipped to him sometime in October. We will see when, but for now, I have just about al I need to finish this aircraft.
I also got free shipping and $60 off! Great deal I think.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:28 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

No doubt the Citabria will arrive to the USA some time this year, in the mean time we all should do like Guzmer and collect all the items needed to complete this airplane while we wait, it has been now change to On order which means.

Tower Hobbies Stock Status and Production Exception Designations
Stock status and production exception updates are made to our web site on a regularly scheduled basis. Below are the possible descriptors that you may find on our web site and their meaning.[TABLE]
[TR="bgcolor: #fafafa"]
[TD="align: center"]Stock Status[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]In-Stock Situations[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]In Stock[/TD]
[TD="width: 95%"]Product is in one or both of our warehouses and is available for shipping (usually ships in 1-2 days).[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]In Stock
Limited Quantities[/TD]
[TD]Product is in one or both of our warehouses and is available for shipping (usually ships in 1-2 days), but our on-hand quantity is low. Place your order immediately to ensure delivery.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: center"]Stock Status[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Out-of-Stock Situations[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Expected Arrival
Displayed —
Example:

Early Sep[/TD]
[TD]The displayed arrival is when we expect to receive stock from the manufacturer. It is a guideline provided by the manufacturer and is subject to change. We sometimes do not receive enough stock to cover all back orders that exist at the time of product arrival, which will on occasion cause the displayed expected arrival date to change to the next expected arrival from the manufacturer. Therefore, rather than waiting to order the product when displayed as "In Stock" we urge that you place your back order immediately to ensure delivery.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]On Order[/TD]
[TD]Product has been ordered from the manufacturer, but the manufacturer has not yet provided a date in which we expect to receive stock. We can accept back orders on these items.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Order Pending[/TD]
[TD]Product is in the process of being ordered from the manufacturer. We can accept back orders on these items.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Seasonal[/TD]
[TD]Product is seasonal in nature. It is normally stocked leading up to and during its most highly-demanded part of the year. Place your back order immediately to ensure delivery.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Back Order Only[/TD]
[TD]Product is not normally stocked in our warehouses. If you back order the item we will order it from the manufacturer with the intent of fulfilling your order. Please note that the time it takes to fill your order could exceed 30 days or more depending on inventory available at the factory and/or production schedules.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Temporarily
Unavailable[/TD]
[TD]Product manufacturing and/or distribution has been suspended by the manufacturer until further notice, or some other problem prevents us from taking orders for the item. No delivery date has been given to us by the manufacturer. Please revisit our web site periodically to check for possible status updates to these items.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Discontinued[/TD]
[TD]Product has been discontinued either by the manufacturer or by us and the product is no longer available from Tower Hobbies. We are unable to take orders for these items.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: center"]Production Exception[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Limi[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 09-04-2014, 07:39 AM
drdoom

Yep I have the Motor, servos, battery, switches, servo, arms... other things. GP "supplier" prolly waiting on the spinner or another part of the kit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	EME35-START (1).jpg
Views:	201
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	2028879   Click image for larger version

Name:	stuffforcitabria.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	2028881  

Last edited by drdoom; 09-04-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:40 PM
drdoom

It is Now IN Stock! Naturally It would be Late Friday and Nothing will be shipped till Monday...
Old 09-05-2014, 04:36 PM
[email protected]

I also just received notice of this item now in stock! Let's see who gets one first!
Old 09-05-2014, 05:21 PM
CARS II

Looks like a small portion survived the QC and they are here now, I will order mine very soon.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Flyboywbl

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow I may just have to get one of these. I've been out of the hobby for three year's but this made me reminisce of my old full sized citabria. Here it is doing some spins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BORdMxG9-_8&sns=em

I saw this plane in the back of my AMA magazine and I just could not stop staring.

What an awesome model. I too have never done gas. Largest plane I had was a four * 60 with a os 91 surpass.

My my wife is going to hate me if I get back into this!

-Matt
Old 09-06-2014, 05:01 PM
drdoom

Pull the trigger. I'm going DLE 35 with electric starter. I have a few hours in an old citabria.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:08 AM
Flyboywbl

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drdoom
Pull the trigger. I'm going DLE 35 with electric starter. I have a few hours in an old citabria.
Ok you twisted my arm. It's in stock on TH. Added a DLE 35 as well. No need for the Pitts muffler so about the same price as the Dle 30 with the 80 dollar Pitts. Add in 60 dollars off and free shipping, well heck, not a bad deal. I can't wait to do spins in this bad boy!!!

now what radio to buy? I used to have a 9C which I loved. I'm thinking the new 10J. Any gripes, raves?

-Matt
Old 09-07-2014, 06:11 AM
[email protected]

I have the T8, no problems. It goes up to 14 CH.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:16 AM
drdoom

Sighting Friday in Campaign,Ill near Tower!

Name:	camel train.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	2030173  
Old 09-08-2014, 02:58 PM
[email protected]

anyone got confirmed shipped? Still invoiceing I guess. anyway, Im think of NAV lights, gonna go and check them out tomorrow. Ultra bright flashing for about $40. Still need to get the receiver. i have several 7 Ch receivers, but I want to go with the 8 channel so that the elevatory & airerons can be split up. Always safer to do it that way in case of failure of a lead or something. Always nice to put the choke on a servo too. Now that is all eight channeles used already. I could start out with the 7 and upgrade later too.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:41 AM
[email protected]

confirmed shipped, will arrive this Thursday!
Old 09-09-2014, 05:43 AM
drdoom

Mine still shows being packed in the warehouse. How long does it take to slap a shipping label on a box? Should have shipped friday.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:17 PM
[email protected]

I picked up th Ram 125 Nav lights. it is a 4 light, 4.8V to 12V system. One red, One green, One white, and One white flashing. Now the two wing lights have connectors so that they can unplug as you remove each wing. It has a 9V battery connector and a standard flight pack battery connector and the SW. The leads are more than long enough. 96" between the red and green. Now They did not have any wing lenzes to cover these lights, so it wont appear scale. But with the lights in place, I think covers could be added some day.

Name:	ram 125.JPG
Views:	642
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	2030715  
Old 09-11-2014, 08:14 AM
drdoom

I have mine , it is here.

Name:	citabox.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	2031166  

Last edited by drdoom; 09-11-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:24 PM
CARS II

Tonight before midnight will be my turn to pull the triger, can't wait, 6 hours to go.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:54 PM
a70eliminator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Must be nice!
Old 09-11-2014, 11:31 PM
CARS II

Ordered, $370.00 from TH free shipping, no bad at all.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:11 AM
CARS II

Got a tracking number, is waiting to be picked up this afternoon, should be here some time Thursday .

The box is coming from C. Ill, I assume the west coast warehouse is out of kits by now.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:16 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Get mine Monday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.