Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 1/4 scale PA18 Super Cub strut and landing gear dimensions?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Hanger 9 1/4 scale PA18 Super Cub strut and landing gear dimensions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 04:26 AM
trappg
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 1/4 scale PA18 Super Cub strut and landing gear dimensions?

I'm building a stick build Taylorcraft and will need to locate some parts like wing-struts and landing gear. I see the H9 has a nice hardware package for both, with this PA18. Can someone who owns this plane send me the following? I figure this will be easier than trying to locate someone by phone at Horizon.

1. length of wing strut from tip to tip - measure both fore and aft struts
2. length of landing gear (fore to aft) where it meets the fuse
3. height of landing gear when mounted - measure vertically from fuse to axle - in other words, how high does the belly of the plane sit off the ground (from axles)

Thank you very much in advance! This hardware HAS to be close to what I need.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:04 AM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

1)... Wing struts from the center of the mounting hole at the wing mount, to the center of the hole at the fuse attachment, is...... rear strut 29 1/2" inches.... front strut 29 3/8" inches.

1a)... NOTE: there are mounting brackets on the wings which adds to the length... including the mounts from the very end of mount at the wing, to the center of the hole at the fuse attachment, is..... rear strut 30 3/4' inches.... front strut 30 1/2" inches.

2)... Landing gear width fore & aft at the fuse, is 5 3/4" inches ( from outside to outside the mounting brackets)... center to center of the mounting screws, is 5 5/16" inches

3)... Height of the landing gear from bottom of the fuse to center of the axles, is 4 7/8" inches... with 6" dubro air filled tires, is 8" inches from the bottom of the fuse to the bottom of the wheels with no weight on the wheels.

John M,

Last edited by John_M_; 08-26-2014 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:41 AM
trappg
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks John! The struts appear to be within 1/2 inch of what I am looking for which I'm sure I can make that work. And I'll need to make a few more measurements to check on that landing gear but looks like it may work too. Thanks again sir.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:21 AM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

No problem trappg... you can always move the strut mounts on the wings inboard a bit if you need to... the mounts on the wing are mortised into pockets to lock the mounts into the wing structure... the pockets are about 3/32" of an inch deep... I put a set on my Sig 1/4 scale cub, worked out nice.

John M,