Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Great planes giant ugly stick 50cc

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Great planes giant ugly stick 50cc

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 08:52 AM
a70eliminator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Great planes giant ugly stick 50cc

Has anyone seen one of these with a 50cc engine? Looking for unlimited vertical without breaking the bank. I see them in ARF for $209 the 82" wing 13-15lb version. for 35cc engine, my 50cc weighs only a few ounces more and I'm itchin to slap it onto a basic airframe and fly it.
Oh wait this ARF i'm looking at is not from Great Planes but rather a probably cheaply built knock off, I may have to beef up the engine mounting and apply some tri-stock reinforcing material.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131088472463...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by a70eliminator; 09-23-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:21 AM
riley9283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a DLE 30 on my GP Giant Stik. Plenty of power for my limited skills. If your engine will fit the firewall and you have prop clearance, why not.....
Old 09-26-2014, 07:50 PM
NM_Mark
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friend of mine stuck a DLE 55 on the nose of a GP Giant Stick, and it was ballistic, to say the least. Prop clearance was a problem, plus had to really beef up the front end, to take all the punishment from the power. What brought it in was a hard pullup from a downline, and the wing came off. Pilot error, since it was full throttle at the time.