Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

C5 Galaxy, 4 JetCats, Autopilots and lots more, HELP!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

C5 Galaxy, 4 JetCats, Autopilots and lots more, HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 12:17 PM
nomad-007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation C5 Galaxy, 4 JetCats, Autopilots and lots more, HELP!!!

Hi, I would like to ask some help from one and/or more experienced builders that have experience with large scale models, turbine engines and multi channel receivers and transmitters.

I have decided to build a large scale C5 Galaxy plane. It is large, heavy and bulky.
The build is done, except the painting.

For servos I have decided to go with Troxis i01853. There are a total of 4 servos controlling the rudder, the elevator and the ailerons.
The transmitter I have is the Spektrum DX9 and the receiver that I want to use is the Spektrum AR12020, with satellites receivers.
I have already purchased and received the 4 JetCat P300-RX turbines, that I plan to use for this build.

For the initial flight and test I want to use the Spektrum receiver and transmitter. However after the test flights I would like to use the WindBox ground control station.
WindBox is a conversion box that allows you to use a regular flight stick paired with a throttle control. All videos online and reviews are awesome.
I also have one of these in my tool box. and the supported flight stick with throttle control.

Then I have the Pixhawk Autopilot with all necessary accessories, that I would like to incorporate in the build as well.

So... The reason I need help now is because there are so many electronics with so many parts that I would like to have someone look them over and suggest a possible connection diagram to incorporate all the above mentioned parts, in both configurations. 1st, with the Spektrum TX-RX and 2nd with the WindBox and rest of the accessories.

My question no 1 is: How do I connect the 4 JetCat engines to start by pressing 1 button and get them to throttle up or down at the same time with the use of 1 joystick, either the one on the Spektrum DX9 or the regular joystick on the WindBox.

Keeping in mind all the above parts, and their possible connections, would there be someone in this forum kind enough to stitch me a wiring diagram for all those parts?

If you should require more information on the equiplemt that I have and or plan to use please let me know and I will make it available.

I am actually even considering providing a paid consultation for whoever comes out with a workable solution interconnecting all above components.

I thank you for reading all the way through and for all your comments and advice.

Best regards,

ERT.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:42 AM
nomad-007

C'mon Guys... 90 views and no ideas or replies at all... this is disappointing
Old 01-02-2015, 06:25 AM
pan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

nomad,try this post in the jet section for rcu forums, you may have better luck there....roy
Old 02-14-2015, 08:29 PM
schwatd

Yeah Dude, you are so far above my pay grade on this one. Sorry.

Troy
Old 02-14-2015, 08:49 PM
RonTins

Have this thread moved over to the Jet forum. You'll gee plenty of advice. Can you share pictures of the airframe?
Old 02-15-2015, 07:04 AM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do we have here...maybe $20K of equipment and not a clue how to get it to work?
Old 02-15-2015, 09:07 AM
RonTins

This is an ambitious project to say the least. May I ask if you have had any stick time in flying any jet for that matter? For one troubling thing, I would not incorporate a Pixhawk Autopilot into this project as I dont believe its been well proven to work in all applications. Its good for a foamy or a plane of considerably smaller size. Like I suggested earlier, have the site administrator move this thread to the Jet forum and listen to what others have to say. Good luck with your project.