Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

A new solution for noise control issues!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

A new solution for noise control issues!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 08:53 AM
RCQuietSystems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new solution for noise control issues!

Greetings!

My name is David and I’ve been interested in radio control aviation for five years. Two years ago, I had to stop flying gas airplanes as the club received several noise complaints. The club I used to attend even had to shut down due to noise issues. Despite this complication, I didn’t want to stop flying. Admitting that I sometimes enjoyed flying electric planes, I still prefered giant gas airplaines and I missed flying them.

I then began looking for silencers on the market but even the best ones couldn't respect the noise restrictions of the club. I also quickly noticed that I wasn't the only one dealing with noise control issues.

Consequently, I decided to create the perfect design for a new kind of muffler. This muffler would allow me to fly my planes once again. Additionally, it would be a solution for all the clubs who also suffered from noise regulations. I’m on the verge of launching my first company of silencers. It’s named Rc Quiet Systems. (www.rcquietsystems.com - soon to be launched )

I’m reaching out to you because I need your help with the market study for this innovative project. It is a simple 10 question survey. Here is the link below to answer the survey. Thank you for your time and your contribution towards the evolution of our hobby!

English version : https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/YDQFMZK

Version française :https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/YYVC3KC

David Tremblay, jr. eng.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Will you be dealing with intake, prop and airframe generated noise?
Old 01-04-2015, 02:06 PM
RCQuietSystems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

Yes I plan to develop solutions for the other sources of noise. I benchmarked many brands of existing propellers on the market according to performance and generated noise. As for the induction muffler and airframe membrane noise, products are still in development. That's exactly why the company's name is not totally limited to exhaust, we want to provide solutions for all the other aspects!

Thanks for your question

David