Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Most rare rc plane in the world

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Most rare rc plane in the world

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 04:35 PM
fun2fly24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most rare rc plane in the world

THIS VIDEO TELLS IT ALL! I TRULY CANNOT BELIEVE I OWN THIS PIECE OF HISTORY!! THE PLANE IS AROUND 25-30 YEARS OLD!! ENJOY

http://youtu.be/FSvzfnRsDU0
Old 08-25-2015, 05:22 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not as rare as you would think. Bob Karlson competed with that size wildcat back in the early 80s and plans for the airplane and gear were published in one of the model magazines. Classic Glass had a kit that size that included retracts. Both Robart and Century Jet have retracts for the Wildcat for way less than 400 bucks for 90 inch span models. Last time I was at Bomber Field I had one of three Wildcats at the meet. Every Wildcat I have flown were sweet flying airplanes, you will enjoy this one.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:25 PM
fun2fly24

This is a karlson plane but its scratchbuilt and is a built up wood fuse, not a fiberglass one! Thanks for the info
Old 08-25-2015, 06:33 PM
fun2fly24

I have also not seen one video on youtube of my plane, never seen another one like this in person and i go to all of the warbird meets and i have yet to see gear like this one. The robart gear are custom made and are close to 1000 dollars and robart will not always make them for you
Old 08-26-2015, 07:40 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice plane, but I really fail to see how this single scratch built makes is the "most rare in the world". There are literally thousands of one off scratch builds out there. Youtube as evidence lol? I have at least 5 hanging in the garage right now that nobody outside my club has ever seen. Do I have the "worlds largest most rarest model collection in the World!" ? No of course not.

I know you're happy to have this plane, but the over the top most rarest crap is off putting.

Lots of luck, would love to see video if you fly it.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:28 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

yeah.. nice plane. You need to move your camera around a bit faster... so those watching get really motion sick.

Aside from that, its a great example of the craftsmanship in the hobby. I'd love to see a flying video that's worthy of watching without getting motion sick. Good luck with the plane.

A plane of this caliper is worthy of some great video.