Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Super Tigre S3000 won't flip start. Only with starter

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Super Tigre S3000 won't flip start. Only with starter

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 08:09 AM
Stiltman0287

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-25-2017, 08:13 AM
Stiltman0287

God this site is retarded as far as posting a picture! It's called Klotz Benol Racing Castor
Old 06-27-2017, 12:55 PM
warhwk
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by gmeyers
Klotz is synthetic - not real - just checked their site - I think they might have a real castor but I can't find it on their site, ebay or hobby sites yet - still looking
I have a lot of RC engines that are Steel/Cast Iron metallurgy so I prefer to use the real castor like SIG sold until recently. The Klotz synthetic is great for the Chrome/aluminum or other metals.

You can get degummed castor at any motorcycle shop. I get mine at Cycle Gear.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:02 PM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Stiltman0287
God this site is retarded as far as posting a picture! It's called Klotz Benol Racing Castor
Stick around. You'll find that posting pics is not the only thing that applies to.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:00 PM
Stiltman0287

Default Hercules drill from Harbor Freight!

I found a cordless drill that works great as an airplane engine starter. It's the Hercules drill from Harbor Freight Tools. It's a 20v lithium ion battery drill that puts out 570 in lbs (42 ft lbs) of torque and the high speed turns at 2000 rpm. Just as powerful if not more powerful than my electric drill.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:04 PM
gmeyers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiltman0287
I found a cordless drill that works great as an airplane engine starter. It's the Hercules drill from Harbor Freight Tools. It's a 20v lithium ion battery drill that puts out 570 in lbs (42 ft lbs) of torque and the high speed turns at 2000 rpm. Just as powerful if not more powerful than my electric drill.
I wish you luck - I have several supertigres never needed a starter on any from the x.11 up to the 3250 and most start by bumping the prop backwards. I use powermaster 20/20 or 30/20 with a small amount of added castor. I also prime them well and flip the prop without the glow plug lit a couple of times to atomize the fuel prior to start attempt. the Big one the 3250 is usually a first attempt and it starts right up. Surprised you need the starter.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:11 PM
Stiltman0287

I've had some success with bumping it but for some reason if it's already been running it never likes to flip start back up. The drill works great for that. For a while I was only using the drill to prime it and flipping it to start it. I just started making my fuel 5% Nitromethane and that seemed to make a big difference from the 0%. It idles better and starts easier. Also seems to run at higher rpm at full throttle.