Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Forgot how much fun it is

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Forgot how much fun it is

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 06:54 AM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forgot how much fun it is

Hurricanes, work, and weather has kept me from flying for well over a month. Last years hurricane took out our covered pavilion, so assembly of a giant scale in the Florida sun just isn't fun. Started to worry I'd lost my zeal for flying. And if I'd lost my edge in the skill department
finally it all came together this past weekend went to the field with my flyin buddy. And had a ball I wasn't worried, did some aerobatics came around and did a nice touch and go.
I guess the reason for this post is I'm relieved and perhaps bragging a bit. Forgot how much fun it is
Old 10-16-2017, 03:51 PM
warhwk
My Feedback: (3)

I've had times where I stopped flying RC; sometimes for years. I keep coming back however, usually more excited than ever. I think you nailed it for me in your post. "Flyin' Buddies". No other hobby I've had has produced such long lasting friendships as RC.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:03 AM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

I agree. I've been in and out of the hobby over the last 30 years, glow to giant scale, helicopters to turbines. There is always something that draws me back in over and over, and its not just the aircraft and technology, its the people. Save a few over the years, it's a great bunch of people and lasting friendships have been made. I'm currently on the upswing, and getting back into turbines. That should keep me interested for at least the next decade!
Old 10-28-2017, 11:07 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Like Warhwk said, you nailed for me sfaust.
I try to quit the hobby about three times but I found myself right back in it, so I quit quitting
I did very little flying in almost 5 years then I lost my job where I've been for 17 years, ok I said I got some money coming I will take a few months off, I deserve the time off, that was a year ago, I was off for 7 months, I used some of that time to recoup my flying skills and confidence in flying, I also build me 4 new airplanes, crashed one of the new ones and replaced it with the same which is the one I'm flying the heck out of it now ( GP Escapade 30cc with a DLE 35 on it ) also a wood kit Turbinator jet.
I re-discover how much fun is to fly rc, so much that on Friday I flew my Boomerang jet for the first time in 8 years, one flight, my heart was pumping hard and fast and I was breathing the same, 0ne 10 min flight with multiples go around, one touch and go and a final landing, a bit long, a bit fast but smooth and on the centerline
I was bouncing up and down, I've been waiting for this flight for years, now I can't wait to fly it again.

yes, this hobby has given me some of the best friends anyone can ask for.

Last edited by CARS II; 10-28-2017 at 11:13 PM.