Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Gator RC

Old 07-12-2023, 09:14 AM
Rick227

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Gator RC

Hello fellow modelers, I have been thinking about writing about my experience with Gator RC for some time, However I kept giving them another chance until now. I purchased no fewer than six Seagull models from them. I finally decided to invest in a Top RC P 47 after seeing one at the flying field. I received the container and upon opening it I found that the landing gear package was literally thrown into the container and not secured. Needless to say that parts were everywhere and the gear legs had scratched the fuse. I felt lucky as others had their canopies broken. I decided I could live with that and proceeded to start the build, only to find out that the rearmost former was installed backwards and thus the tail wheel mount was also backwards. After emailing Ashley several times with no response I finally emailed Mike. He finally got around to offering me a 75 dollar credit for the inconvenience which I took. After finally finishing the kit I had no more than 10 gear cycles on the tail wheel when it froze. After emailing Ashley concerning this and waiting over a week for a response I was told a replacement would cost 150.00. I expressed my displeasure with this as failure after 10 cycles is hardly normal. I was told 125.00 was the best they could do. And this is for a 2100.00 kit mind you. I declined. Then after having the misfortune of cracking my front windscreen back in April I emailed Ashley about a replacement……several times. When she finally did respond she said that one was coming via air and she expected it at any time. Two weeks went by and I again emailed her . She gave me the same story. So after another two weeks I emailed the factory. They informed me that they would send me one for no charge but the shipping but it would be better if I went through the dealer. Which I attempted to do. I emailed Ashley again and again waited for a week for a response. Finally after contacting Top RC again and sending the 40.00 for shipping I was told it was sent and I would get a shipping number shortly. That was three weeks ago. I again emailed Top RC and they said they ran out of stock but assured me it would go out shortly. I am still waiting. And all the while Gator RC did nothing to help the process along. Be advised this is the customer service you can expect from Gator RC ,,,,, My advice is to buy from Robart or Legend Hobby. You will more than likely get better customer service from those two, take it from someone who has learned his lesson about Gator RC. Their motto should be “ Don’t complain about our customer service, there is none!”

Last edited by Rick227; 07-12-2023 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2023, 01:10 PM
TailEndC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up.
TEC
Old 07-20-2023, 11:36 PM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

My last experience with Gator was similar. Seemed like I was on my own after the purchase.