Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Gary Allen 33% Bücker Jungmeister

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Gary Allen 33% Bücker Jungmeister

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 04:48 PM
kevin mcgrath
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gary Allen 33% Bücker Jungmeister

I am back building my "Meister" and am just finishing the last of the basic building which is the top wing panels.
Question: I have the original MAN plans.They show the bottom wing with diagonal 1/4x1/4 bracing and 1/16 webs between the spars.
The top wing plan does not show these two additions.
Is this correct or are we supposed to assume the top wing is built the same as the bottom one?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
Old 01-19-2013, 06:11 AM
misterbill
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for asking this Kevin, I was about to ask the same. Appear to be around the same point in my build, although my one is from the nightmarish error laden 1/4 scale plans that were scaled down from the 1/3 ones. Even the lower centre section was omitted from my plans!

I look forward to hearing the consensus on this...

Mike
Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 PM
jaap hanepen

Hi Guys, I finished building my Bucker Jungmeister a couple of weeks ago, when some body told me there is a thread about the Bucker on RC Universe. Should have known that ages ago. I enjoid it very much.
But I have a question about the servos. It surprised me by the way that nothing is discussed about this issue, or did I miss it
But OK can anybody tell me what servos I have to use for the rudder, the two for the elevator and in particular the servos for the ailerons (torque). Thank you for your cooperation,
Regards,
Jaap.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:53 PM
johnMADRAMS

Hi Bigbird, just to say thanks for your advise / encouragement. completed the build a couple of months back and had our heavy inspector take her up (madrams john bucker maiden) on youtube. and this last days off Tuesday put her up myself, climbed out of the takeoff into down wind and motor stopped > best deadstick i think i have done, pulled eveything apart ran the motor for 5 mins full throttle on the ground with 3 clicks open. Thursday put her up again many circuits then a few moreapproaches to strip then onto grass just lovely- could'nt stop shaking can't wait to get home and back up again. thanks for the forum check the club website (madrams.webs.com) all my photos are on the site. good skys.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:53 AM
TomC
My Feedback: (3)

well, i have the MAN plans for G. Allen's Jungmeister and am planning to install a RCS 150 radial. I know it's a lot of engine for it, but it should fit. I am flying an Easy Tiger ARF Jungmann with a DA 85. That is a great flying model.

I've just ordered the Arizona Modeler's short kit. There is a lot of great information on this thread and hope it continues while i build mine. Any thoughts on using the radial?
Old 11-01-2013, 01:44 PM
fredo

Hi Tom
if you look at previous posts, you'll see I have used radial on mine. Moki 150 is actually the same engine. I was exactly in the same dilemma. Initially, I wanted to use it in stock plans 33% but decided to enlarge them to 35%.
I can tell you, it's a still lot of engine in the front but at least it's more suited for that airframe. My main battery with rudder servo is right in the back to get the right balance. I think you would struggle to balance it properly in 33%.
I'm not saying it can't be done but I think it would fly heavy. The trick is to keep it really light. Mine came up 14.5kg. I'm using 28x14 Fiala prop and it's just right. Flies quite nice.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:25 AM
TomC

i did see your posts for the 35%. I'm going to try it at 33%. Paolo Severin says Moki 150 is ideal engine for his 1/3 scale kit at 18.7 lbs + 9 lb engine, should still fly great.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Luckster

Hello I am building the 1/4 scale Jungmeister. I bought theshort kit from Airizona model aircrafters. I am now abbing the stringers to the formers on the fuse. I have been building a long time. fist plane at 7 years old with Dad in 1966
Old 12-03-2013, 01:55 PM
TyphoonPaul

Hello everyone. I have just bought a set of 1/3rd scale plans with a view of installing my Roto 85cc 4 stroke twin. I am a little concerned that the plans are very basic. May I ask if you guys have built from drawings like this?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fin.jpg
Views:	2821
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1944487  
Old 12-03-2013, 02:28 PM
misterbill

Hmmm...looks like a bunch was left out - I heard that they were being redrawn, the 1/4 version had lots missing, but this really looks a little sparse.
Perhaps the CAD layer with all the dimensioning etc was missed in the printing? My set of 1/3 doesn't ;look much like that - I've attached the same bit from them.
Mike

Name:	Allen Tail.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1944494  
Old 12-03-2013, 03:15 PM
TyphoonPaul

Thanks for info Mike. Drawings like yours were what I expected to receive. I will have to obtain a more complete set before I start my build. May I ask where you got yours from?
Paul
Old 12-03-2013, 04:44 PM
gordon_mcln

Paul-

I made the same mistake you did and initially bought from a vendor who was resizing the plans and selling them in 1/3, 1/4 and 1/6 scales....To do that he removed most size and material references....I then followed up and got the original...As I recall that was from RCM....

Gordon
Old 12-03-2013, 06:41 PM
misterbill

Mine came from MAN, the Air Age Store?, although I originally got a set that Arizona had 'reduced' to quarter. What a disaster that was. I had the correct Third scale plans reduced locally to give something to build from that at least bore some semblance to reality. The Arizona ones even had the lower centre section missing.....

Mike
Old 12-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Donairplane

I have 1/3 scale plans if someone needs them. PM me.

Don
Old 12-04-2013, 09:15 PM
fredo

Hi fellow modellers, I thought I'll share few pics of my Bucker from our recent scale fest. We had a great day and a lots of fun.

Name:	IMG_1026.jpg
Views:	2215
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	1944872   Click image for larger version

Name:	RJM_5836.jpg
Views:	2197
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	1944873   Click image for larger version

Name:	RJM_6095.jpg
Views:	2258
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	1944874  
Old 12-05-2013, 11:15 AM
TyphoonPaul

Well, refund from Arizona Models received. Jaime Johnston should be avoided. Next stop Air Age Store for some genuine drawings. My main concern now is what colour it should be! I'm planning to fit an 85cc 4 stroke petrol which is equivalent to a 60cc 2 stroke. Do you guys think that engine will suit the 1/3 scale?
Old 12-07-2013, 10:09 AM
johnMADRAMS

Hi Fredo, nice to see your bucker fully dressed, looked good before tho. i have some minor repairs to do to mine, after a couple of flights with the dreaded northerly i went up for the "last fly" for the day to find it was much more trubulent then the last, 1st approach with reduced throttle saw the bucker lift - so around again with a touch more throttle and holding a bit of down, 6foot above edge of strip and the gust stopped, so she went right where it was pointing- folded the gear up ever so nicely. now decided to make functioning landing gear. so after Christmas before she sees the field again. see videos at madrams.webs.com.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:47 PM
fredo

Thanks John, I thought it really does look better with the cowling. One last thing I should do, is wheel mudguards. I got a bit lazy I must admit and didn't feel like doing much more on it anymore. I'm doing another project now, so maybe after that. I need that right spark of enthusiasm.
Sorry to hear about your mishap. It's always a pain when you fly in a gusty conditions. You never know what will happen next. I hope your new UC will work better. I'll check the link you sent.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:37 PM
misterbill

Hi John - sorry re the mishap, but if you are going to make an all-singing, all-dancing u/c, if you haven't already, check out Gary's post in this thread (Post #796 I believe) - he has posted pix of his Jungman sprung set, as well as a rough PDF of the drawings that they worked from to create them.
Cheers,
Mike
Old 12-07-2013, 04:14 PM
fredo

I personally find that the UC from plan is quite hard for this plane.( maybe not so, if you are building stock size with something like 60cc in the nose) I have to fly it to the very end until there's no more lift and let it sink down by itself. I normally use this method on all my planes. Sometimes, if I have a long break, I get impatient and try to lay it down too soon....ah yes and wil get few bounces after that. If I had an oleos or dampening of some sort in my UC, the landings would become more tolerant that's for sure. You can look at my video (post # 897), that was my only 4th flight but you can see what I mean. Since then I pretty much figured out what to do, but it still happens sometimes. My Bucker is a bit bigger and heavier (35% @ 14.5kg) 'cos I'm using Moki 150, so that alone is I believe the main contribution to tougher landings. My lesson from this is, if I ever build something of this size again with this type of motor I will have some dampening system in my UC.......Having said all this, go for it John, you won't regret it.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:51 PM
johnMADRAMS

Hi Misterbill,
thankyou so much for the info, thought I had gone thru all the thread and enjoyed reviewing, the photos are great for the UC and now I'll source some material and see how I go. good skys and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:44 AM
TomC

Gary, how much difference is there in your Jungmann landing gear that Sierra made for you vs. your 33% Jungmeister? I'm building your Jungmeister and would love to have Sierra build a set of articulating gear for me.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:51 AM
JIMMYTHEEAGLE
My Feedback: (47)

For those that just purchased the short kit 1/3 scale from Arizona Models what was your experience? Did you receive everything? I'd like to order one but I'm afraid to order it thru Arizona Models.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:34 PM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMMYTHEEAGLE
For those that just purchased the short kit 1/3 scale from Arizona Models what was your experience? Did you receive everything? I'd like to order one but I'm afraid to order it thru Arizona Models.
Clearly the choice is yours and you appear to have answered your question yourself.

From what I've read on RCU about Arizona, I wouldn't go near that place with a barge pole.

Reminds me of the bad old days with Schlemiel Neily at IKON N'WEST. Same old. Same old.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:47 PM
gallen
My Feedback: (5)

Tom C,

As far as I know, the full scale Jungmann and Jungmeister shared exactly the same landing gear. My Jungmann is 35% ( for reasons I cannot recall), so the landing gear plans are 2% to large for the 1/3 size Jungmeister. I think I provided pdf drawings in this thread. If not, or you cannot locate them and are interested, give me a PM with your e-mail and I will provide.

Gary Allen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.