Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 38% Christen Eagle I

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the Frank Knoll plans are still available or does someone have a set of plans they would be willing to sell for the CE?

thanks

Dale
    Australia

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think this is a neat plane. A guy at our field has one around the 70" size and wants to get rid of it. He said it has some sort of echo twin in it. That thing hauls and I really like how easy it is to see. I complain every time I fly now because I cant see my lone sundowner 50. And my eyes arent bad. He says its tricky to land.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If anyone has any interest, I have a Frank Noll built Christen Eagle that was used for a High Flight magazine review years ago.

It has a 3W- 60 in it ( it powered the plane in a pretty much scale like manner) and at the time the airplane was new, has "good" Hitec servos and Prism transmitter.

I don't think there are 6 flights on this plane and it has sat in my basement for years.

It still looks good for the age, excellent condition I would say. The Monokote is still tight and in good shape as are the multi colored "Eagle" trim pieces. The white paint on the cowl and wheelpants has yellowed slightly over the years.

I'll sell it for the right price, with it just as it is including the engine and radio system, but don't want to hassle with shipping it, or risk it getting damaged in transit. If need be (i.e. the price is right) I'll remove the engine and radio components and sell just the airframe, but would rather NOT do this.

You can reply to me at our home email; sally_meyer_811@comcast.net

The plane is located in Champaign, Illinois.

thanks for your interest,
    Greg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My Eagle is FOR SALE!

SEE AD IN CLASSIFIEDS! MUST SELL TO GOOD HOME!

38% Christen Eagle I.

Mint condition, DA-100, IGNITION, SMOKE, ALL THE GOODIES, SHE IS LOADED! Futaba Servos, set up for a Left and right RX system, I will keep the TX and RX's add you RX and go fly.
    Nine color TEAM colors, set up as an Eagle I, not the fat ugly Eagle II....flies like a dream, owned and flown by a full scale Eagle driver. She is collecting dust and needs a new home.

All items bought NEW in 2004 when built. Probably 50 flights and NO CRASH DAMAGE HISTORY!

MAKE AN OFFER, COME AND GET IT. Near Ocala and Orlando

RKOAviation@aol.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi CaptRKO,

Very nice plane, where I did get these plans for an 38% Eagle?

Thanks
    Gaiotto
    Sao Paulo- Brasil
    " gas singles engines I have a bunch of them but they just shake worse than me at the flight line"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How could you let it collect dust?..... especially as a owner of the real thing.... Sad sad sad. Mine is sitting around as well, but I couldn't bring myself to sell it... I know the 3D and Helicopter phase I'm going through now will change back to scale aero's again one day.
    Another time I wish I was in the US...... shipping kills everything.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi friends,

Somebody knows if Frank Noll is selling the plans and where I can get one?

Thanks
    Γ‰rico
    " gas singles engines I have a bunch of them but they just shake worse than me at the flight line"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PICTUREDINTHISTHREAD...MAKEANOFFERORITGOESONEBAY!

My Eagle is FOR SALE! SEE AD IN CLASSIFIEDS! MUST SELL TO GOOD HOME! 38% Christen Eagle I. Mint condition, DA-100, IGNITION, SMOKE, ALL THE GOODIES, SHE IS LOADED! Futaba Servos, set up for a Left and right RX system, I will keep the TX and RX's add you RX and go fly. Nine color TEAM colors, set up as an Eagle I, not the fat ugly Eagle II....flies like a dream, owned and flown by a full scale Eagle driver. She is collecting dust and needs a new home. All items bought NEW in 2004 when built. Probably 50 flights and NO CRASH DAMAGE HISTORY! MAKE AN OFFER, COME AND GET IT. Near Ocala and Orlando RKOAviation@aol.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nine color TEAM colors, set up as an Eagle I, not the fat ugly Eagle II....
    Glad I don't have an Eagle II.

Photos?
    Owner: CFC Graphics. "Model Airplane Graphics from a Model Airplane Builder." cfcgraphics.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Listed on e/bay very low starting price. Lots of PICTURESINTHISTHREAD and on e/bay

Listed in Classifieds as well.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/38-Christen-Eagl...3A1%7C294%3A50

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you ever running around KHUM I work at my buddy's hanger ! Take care C500 , Robison 44 , Cirrus , 206 on floats . Always wanted to go up in the Eagle . Darrel Christen just sold S-2 I built a few years back , he did give me 4 hrs. it . After flying in it I built the Dively Pitts , now looking at the modelbea 50% or your 38%eagle . call me 985 855 3103 Billy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq45853.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	1216649  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

anyone still have one of these for sale

Dave
    Doesn\'\'t \"expecting the unexpected\"
    Make the unexpected expected?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone have a cowl, or know where the molds for the cowl ended up?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I too would like to know if there are plans available. I had a set, gave them away. Now I have parts for 40% Pitts, from the Aerodynamics S2-A but no plans or kit.

I have seen wingspan values for 38% Eagle across different sites that don't equate to me. Correct spans should be 19'11" (1:1) = 239 inches x .38= 90.82 inches for model span at 38 percent.

As a Christen Eagle can have the wing tips and empenage reprofiled back to a Pitts S2 I thought the 38% plans would serve my 40% parts without too much problem.

I would not need plans for the Eagle feathers so if someone is done with plans and no longer has feather sheets. I just don't feel like drawing another set of plans.

Main love is Midwest CAP232 with OS 33GT
    '69 El Camino 406 stroker 456 locker and she pulls drag legal.11 sec. Much better looking than I.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the drawings and parts for the Frank Knoll 38% Christen Eagle and Andy Sheber Pitts Special in 1/4, and 1/3 scale (Both the S-1S and S-2A). I competed with two modified Sheber Pitts Special S-1S's at Top Gun for several years.

Rick Boyer
    Top Gun 2004 - 2012
    Pitts Special S-1S (#1)
    Ryan STA
    Pitts Special S-1S (#2)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick,
    Are you still selling parts for the Eagle? Looking for a two place canopy.
    Tony Hallo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A buddy of mine needs a cowl wheel pants and landing gear

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys,

I just got another order for Christen Eagle fiberglass cowls and wheelpants in last week and I still have the drawings and parts for the Frank Knoll 38% Christen Eagle and Andy Sheber Pitts Special in 1/4, and 1/3 scale (Both the S-1S and S-2A). I competed with two modified Sheber Pitts Special S-1S's at Top Gun for several years and I'm working on a 40% Sean Tucker Challenger II for TG.

Rick Boyer

Top Gun 2004 - 2012
    Pitts Special S-1S (#1)
    Ryan STA
    Pitts Special S-1S (#2)
    MiG - 15 bis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rick,

How Much Are The Cowls And The Wheel Pants ? I Crashed My Eagle A Few Years Back And Would Love To Build Another One. I Still Have My Plans And Made My Own Parts Sheet Before I Started Building The First One.

Thanks,
    Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Can't believe this thread is still alive. I wish this 38% size would come in as an ARF. Fill in the wing cutout and make it a true Eagle I. I wish I kept mine now...oh well I have two NIB GP Eagles 30% size and a GP 30% Pitts......and (4) Pilot Christen Eagles...with a Midwest Pitts ,60 size in my storage closet....plus a Mini Eagle for electric and a GP Eagle .46 size. (I owned 3 full scale Eagles over the years) so yes a bit of an Eagle/Pitts fan.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

38% Eagle......

Old Eagle pic......this was my first 38% Eagle circa 1996-1997ish....flew it and a Pitts S-1T at Top Gun 1997 where I placed 4th in Team Scale.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2706.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	1963340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2709.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	1963341

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by RickBoyer View Post
    Hi guys,

I just got another order for Christen Eagle fiberglass cowls and wheelpants in last week and I still have the drawings and parts for the Frank Knoll 38% Christen Eagle and Andy Sheber Pitts Special in 1/4, and 1/3 scale (Both the S-1S and S-2A). I competed with two modified Sheber Pitts Special S-1S's at Top Gun for several years and I'm working on a 40% Sean Tucker Challenger II for TG.

Rick Boyer

Top Gun 2004 - 2012
    Pitts Special S-1S (#1)
    Ryan STA
    Pitts Special S-1S (#2)
    MiG - 15 bis
    Hi Rick,

I have watched your Sheber S1-S models wherever they have been featured. Why there have not been more of these awesome plan built models with easily available Fiberglass parts and canopies. FG Specialties has all the parts.

I may have mentioned I have 40% molds for cowl and 16 inch wheelpants. I was going to draw my own plans from Pilot Kit's 28.5% S2-A plans.
    I thought if I had a set of 38% Eagle plans I could reprofile the plans to an S2-A as Andy Sheber and Joe Ziomek's 33% S2-A plans show the outlines for the Eagle II superimposed on them and FG Specialties has the Eacle parts specifically for the Sheber Plan done as as Eagle II.

If you know where a set of 38% Eagle plans are available please PM me.

Sorry about this reply being an Ad for the Sheber Plan's when the intent was to praise the S1-S models you have built and campaigned with great success through the Scale competition gaunlet. I have completed a Mike Smart 33% S1-S kit from the plan. It should have been redrawn before being released in my opinion. I redrew the wings to get full span drawings to work from and have used the finest sitca spruce for all of the spars and longerons. The kit uses a lot of 3/8th square spruce. I have the complete Toni Clark ZG62CC with all of the Stainless and Aluminum toys that make a quiet and complete in cowl system that they put in their S1-S. I am putting that set up in the 33% Sheber S2-A with the 82 inch span. I have too many kitted models complete tail wheel to prop. If I could use Frank Knoll 38% plans the 40 percent Pitts conversion with 40% Pitts Parts should work just fine and save a lot of time time as I would finish the big one first. I am running out of time faster than most. If you have thoughts on this Pitts parts on Knoll plans, I would be real grateful to hear them. The S2-A has an 96 inch span. The 1" shorter Eagle full span wing would yield a 91 inch winged model of a near clone full scale. Certainly the Eagle Kit was a site more rewarding a build than a Pitts with it's degree of prefabrication. The 0 % distortion of the canopy at the edges and countless more sophisticated components.

Keep up your fantastic modelling. Your success is well earned and hard won.

Cheers, Bill.
    Main love is Midwest CAP232 with OS 33GT
    '69 El Camino 406 stroker 456 locker and she pulls drag legal.11 sec. Much better looking than I.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345