Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1787

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC Guys Super Decathlon coming

Look for it in April 2011 when weather permitting.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I should really get a video of mine flying too. I have one on youtube of the motor running and the plane half together.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes i made a test run, letting plane take in all the runway before flite. this was hard to do. this plane wants to fly without your input. same results ,my plane weighs only 15 lbs with fuel.i think it may be p factor, but it is not real noticeable on the runway before flite.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that was my conclusion.so i let my frend flyer try and it did the same with him. three times. i have noticed some bouncing on landing from maden flite and some one sugest du bro 4 inch inflateable tires. does any one know if this helps with bounce on landing? this plane is a blast to fly.Terry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I finally flew my Decathlon. Lined it up with the centerline and slowly advanced the throttle. The DLE 30 got it rolling and in the air in about 30 feet (about 3/4 throttle). Two clicks of down left aileron and it was flying perfect at half throttle. Flew it in the pattern for about 14 min., just left turns like I was on a Nascar track I had the idle up around 2200 with a 19x8 xoar, wasnt sure if it would slow down enough for the first pass on final but, it did. Result was an almost perfect(1 little 2" bounce ) three point landing. Without a doubt the easiest maiden I have ever had. I havent even put a gallon through this engine and it runs like a top. The second flight was about the same as the first. The third I put it through a few rolls and nice big easy loops. It turned out to be almost too easy. Once the engine has a couple of gallons through it, I plan on putting it through its paces and see what it can do. The only down side was the stars on top started coming up. I wish I could find some stick on clear that I could just cut some little circles out of. I also had to cut about 1/4 out of the tail wheels springs to get any control on the ground. Other than that, I had a smile the rest of the day.
    Stangevil29

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When I had mine all of the trim started to peel off, some was lost in flight. After a while the covering was all peeling at the seems and the color backing was separating from the film. Nice looking and flying plane, but the covering is total garbage. Too bad as it ruins what would be a wonderful plane.
    Quote: Hey, who put that tree there?
    Ultra Sport brotherhood #125
    Sig brotherhood #73
    Cub brotherhood #226

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had the same trouble with the stripes while running the engine at my shop. a shop near you that makes vinyl signs use a clear uv protector that works fine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have trouble with my sd banking feft after leaving the ground .runs strait on runway, banks while gaining altitude .level it off it flies hands off. what is wrong? terry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try using a little more right rudder in a climb.
    Quote: Hey, who put that tree there?
    Ultra Sport brotherhood #125
    Sig brotherhood #73
    Cub brotherhood #226

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have done this and it works. i fly some at a frends track in Griffin Ga. he has a long black top run way. my extra 260 with a 55 cc engine looks wonderfull in a slow climb out. this 35 cc sd just jumps up and angels left. it flies beautifuly. hard to keep it on the runway for a low slow climb.sd weighs 15 lb and will fly at half throttle in 3 feet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My SD takes off beautifuly! I have the Saito FG-36 in it. My stars and strips were peeling off on my wings too. I call Dan Speers to see if he had any replacments and he has some tack on ones that will not have an issue with blowing off.

One issue with the banking to the left on take off could be the thrust angle of the engine?Too bad we don't have that info so we could checkit out.

I havn't flown my SD for a little while now as it is winter time and i refuse to fly in the cold. Hurry up spring time!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I received a note from Dan today stating, looking at firewall prop line 2 3/8 from top and 4 1/8 from left [app]. I only want to make a slow steady clime out with this plane. i will check my engine position tomorrow.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats the position of the center line but not the angles. The thrust angles would be for example 1.5 deg down and 2 deg to the right. Not saying that is it but thats what I was talking about

When Itake off it's never at full throttle. Ialways roll out about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and then once i start climbing then i advance the throttle slowly to full.

I would like to figure something out with the landings on this plane. It's a floater. When you think you have a landing mastered and the wheels touch the ground she bounces right up. Maybe have to set up the flaperon to rise at a flick of a switch to kill the lift.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I never knew these numbers before, but i removed the cowl resterday and checking i was resl close. i installed a washer for more rt thrust. have not tested it yet. i nistalled du bro 4 inch inflatable wheels with no air in them to stop the bounce. couple throttle with 1 degree of down elevator at idle to stop some float. this plane at 15 lbs is a real floater.on black top it will fly in 3 feet with 3/4 throttle. at 1/4 throttle it is hard to keep on the ground. it is a real fun plane and tme my 35/20-8 xoar prop is fine. will try more rt rudder when it warms up Terry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll share my landing tricks with you guy's that are having trouble with bouncing. I make a normal approach throttle at idle as I get to the runway..2-5ft off the ground, I start to slowly pitch the nose up this bleeds off the speed and sets the plane up for touch down (if you pull up elevator too hard it will want to stall so go easy and practice) if it starts to drop too fast add a little power to slow the descent.In this mode elevator is speed and throttle is altitude. when you get it right it will float in and settle right down for a perfect 3-point without a bounce. Practice at altitude first if you need to or don't feel comfortable doing this on landing. The key is, you should reach stall and touch down at the same time good luck!!! and practice,practice,practice
    Happy Landings....... Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info. i will try at 2 feet next time. at 5 feet you can almost make another pass. Terry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dan at RC GUYS says he has fixed the stripe coming loose with some peel & stick stripes. or you can use 3 M777 . send him an e mail.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: trs3243

Dan at RC GUYS says he has fixed the stripe coming loose with some peel & stick stripes. or you can use 3 M777 . send him an e mail.

Tell him how many stars and strips you need and he should send you them for free. He sent me some

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've got the first run Decathlon that I'm getting ready to put together now. What peels first?.........the wing, the fuselage or the tail?........or does it all happen at the same time?
    I'd just as soon put the fix on it before it flies and then all the stars and stripes peel off in flight.
    Do you think Dan would send enough stick on stars and stuff to fix this before I fly it and then get mad??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am sure Dan will help you. my stars & stripes started to come off while i was running the engine before final ck out. i tried the heat iron and it did not work, i went a frends shop that wraps trucks and cars. he gave me some clear vinyl that is used for uv protection over printing. i cut squares & strips to seal every thing domn. even aleron & elevator gaps. i am happy with the results. have several flites & no loose ends. what ever floats your plane. this plane is a lot of fun.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have had this plane sitting around for over two years waiting on the time and money to start it. I am getting ready to begin and have a new DLE30 to put on it. Having read the posts about the loose covering I checked mine out and it looks like I might have some issues as well. For all you guys that have dealt with this problem. How would it work to cover the entire wing and tail in clear monocote instead of sticking clear sections over the stars and such? Whatever I go with I want to do it during the build before I get gas or oil on it.
    \"If you love something set it free. If it fails to come back to you it was probably a dead battery.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bkyrdfler

I gotta tell you. The covering on this plane needs to be carefully ironed down for sure. I also keep an eye on it and re-apply the iron every now and then. I guess you could recover, but I think it'd be more hassle then it's worth IMHO. This ARF is not the same quality covering as my Great Planes stuff for sure (building the big Stearman right now), bit I'd build it and fly the pants off it if I were you. I think the DLE30 is a great choice unless you plan to prop-hang. Saito 180 does mine just fine.

Good luck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have not had trouble with ant thing except stars & stripes. do you like the dle 30 on the stearman ? i fly one with a os 160 twin 4 stroke. love the plane & was thinking of going gas. dlr 30 or mt 35 not sure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

trs3243
    The stearman gets my old trusty Saito 91. Hoping it's enough grunt. So far I'm all glow.
    Good luck.
    Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For any of you guys that are running the DLE30 on the SD. May I ask what kind of muffler you are using? I was thinking of going with a Bisson pitts and putting in a fitting for smoke. The stock muffler is way too short without some type of extension.
    \"If you love something set it free. If it fails to come back to you it was probably a dead battery.\"

Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast