Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

New Club in southeastern PA - 1800' Runway

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

New Club in southeastern PA - 1800' Runway

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:22 PM
RickBoyer
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Club in southeastern PA - 1800' Runway

Dear fellow RC Enthusiasts,

The Farview R/C Flyers model airplane club would like to extend a fantastic opportunity for you to join with us in flying radio controlled model aircraft at the Grim Airpark in beautiful Hamburg Pennsylvania, (Perry Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania). Located just minutes off of Route 78 and 61, our new club has been able to secure an old favorite RC flying site that the Tri-County Wingsnappers club used from the early 1970's to 1996.

The flying field is located at 375 Farview Road, Hamburg Pa 19526 and has the same Radio Control user friendly amenities that we enjoyed before such as, a 400' by 1800' grass runway, covered pavilion, kitchen facility for events, long secluded private drive and an abundance of parking as well as several thousand feet of flyover zones. This privately owned property is a state registered airfield and is one of the nicest flying sites in the northeast!

Our club founders would like to personally invite each one of you to help us spread the good word. We will have an open membership format with $100 annual dues, $140 annual family dues (adult plus one child under 16) and our $20 initiation fee will be waived for the first year of flying. AMA membership is required! Please forward this email to all of your club members and anyone who you feel might be interested in joining our new club to further promote the sport of model avaition.

The Farview R/C Flyers will also be one of the first (possibly the first) R/C club in the United States that will solely operate on 2.4 Ghz Digital Spread Spectrum Technology. This new technology is the current technology waive of the future and promises to give the end R/C user more confidence in flight operation.

So once again, spread the word! Please join with us for a great summer of flying starting on June 1st 2007 (only 5 weeks away)!! We will be having an open house day of flying for free on Saturday, June 23rd. Please feel free to join with us to celebrate the opening of our new club at an outstanding place to fly Radio Control. If you have any questions please contact Rick Boyer at <[email protected]> , Dave Renninger at <[email protected]> or Lee Buskirk at <[email protected]>.

We have enclosed a few photographs for your review as well as an application form to fly with our new club in Hamburg, PA. This will be an exciting year to fly RC in Southeastern Pennsylvania and promises to be allot of fun for many years to come.

Very sincerely yours,

Rick Boyer
Secretary, Farview R/C Flyers [/size]
Old 04-27-2007, 08:04 PM
xxspeed
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: New Club in southeastern PA - 1800' Runway

I have some pictures of this field back in 1997 when the TCWS had a fun fly there,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16581.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	673599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99567.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	673600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yp94218.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	673601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xz52285.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	673602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag37380.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	673603   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hr74576.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	673604  
Old 04-29-2007, 08:24 AM
smkrcflyer

Good luck with your new field. It is a fantastic place to fly at.
Steve King
Old 05-01-2007, 11:30 AM
loser
My Feedback: (37)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great!!!! I would love to come up for the open House on the 23rd of June BUT I have not gone to 2.4Ghz. Do guests need to be 2.4 to fly?????

Steve
Old 05-01-2007, 05:53 PM
xxspeed
My Feedback: (5)

Steve, the field is 2.4 only because there is a another club 1.7 miles away and that's to close to use 72 m, however the Farview R/C Flyer will be hosting a fun fly with the Tri County Wingsnappers on Aug. 24, 25, 26 and then all freqencies will be used. Hope you will be able to make the fun fly then. dave