Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Help!...Richard Rawle Mosquito bits

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Help!...Richard Rawle Mosquito bits

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 06:48 AM
blightybloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!...Richard Rawle Mosquito bits

Need some help here guys, I have aquired some parts from Ebay, the easy bit is done, I know what they are and who made them. they are from the De Haviland Mosquito and since the fibreglas cowls have Rawle Aviation imprinted on them it was not to difficult to work where they came from. So what am I doing on here....well Richard Rawle does two mossies and I do not know which I have got, and since I do not have a plan yet, it is I critical piece of info me thinks. I'm fairly confident the parts I have are the 1/5 scale 121"span version...the other one being 1/4 scale 162" span. Contact Rawle Aviation I hear you say....tried that but no reply. So here goes, the ally spinners I have are 6 1/4" in circumference.....can anyone tell me if that would equate to 1/5 scale ?
Incidently I got cowls, ally spinners with backplates, canopy, front bubble, u/c doors
Old 06-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Laird SS

Default RE: Help!...Richard Rawle Mosquito bits

How about measuring a good 3-view drawing? I would think you would be more interested in the diameter of the spinners rather than they circumference. It's easier to measure on a 3-view.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:34 PM
blightybloke

Big OOOOOPS I meant diameter in the first instance which would make the circumference something like 19"+
was'nt thinking when posed the question, so yes the spinners dia is 6.25 inches, the reason I ask is I am not that good with "scales" and I not sure how accurate Richards version is.....I was kinda hoping maybe someone on here may have built one in the past, but thanks for pointing that out Laird ss
Old 06-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Must be the 1/5 scale, sounds much too small to be 1/4.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:43 PM
blightybloke

Thanks Chad.....just confirms my first thoughts....I was thinking 1/4 scale the spinners were going to be around 8" dia
Old 09-09-2009, 06:51 PM
flyingpiggy

Hi there
How are you going with the mozzie. I too have just aquired the Practical Scale {R.Rawle}1/5 mozzie plans & mouldings

Regards
Dave Read
New Zealand
Old 10-19-2010, 02:39 PM
FTT1967

There is a new web site for rawle aviation just started. www.rawleaviation.co.uk and you can also find hime on www.babywingwalkers.com

Old 08-29-2013, 06:09 AM
Shozzy

Default Mosquito

Originally Posted by flyingpiggy
Hi there
How are you going with the mozzie. I too have just aquired the Practical Scale {R.Rawle}1/5 mozzie plans & mouldings

Regards
Dave Read
New Zealand
Richard Rawle Aviation.
[email protected]
1/5 Mosquito plans and parts
Old 05-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Barlingbomber

Default Richard Rawls Mosquito build

I bought the plans parts & cowls from Richard Rawle (practical scale)and work of art monster UC retracts for the Mosquito 11 or so years ago and then work moves and a growing family got in the way and limited me to lower ambition projects. I am just about at the point I can reconsider the build. I believe I have the 1/4 scale model ( it's still in storage from my last
move so am not 100% sure)which I see Richard no longer sells but I'm hoping the 1/5 design is not fundamentally different. I can't find any threads or pictures discussing the build and would be happy to get any tips or do's and dont's from anyone who has attemoted the project. I'm planning to put a pair of Zenoah G62s in it although I haven't yet checked if they fit inside the cowls.