Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

mooney bravo....

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:58 PM
txaggie08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mooney bravo....

Anyone know of a large scale mooney bravo kit on the market? I know of one but it's running ruffly 3 grand....and I don't have that kind of scratch atm.....

Old 03-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Mooney_driver

Default RE: mooney bravo....

What Mooney Bravo kit (even if it is 3 grand) or plans do you know about? I have been looking for some Mooney plans and or kits with little success. I ran across and ad for Tri R models in Ohio in a 1980 issue of Scale RC Modeler that produced a 201 kit but they are long gone. So far I have not found anyone that bought their kit when it was being produced. The Aerotech Mooney PFM seems to get the most interest but at 6 grand that is way out of my league!
Old 03-25-2008, 11:49 AM
jlarson31

Sig had a bravo kit years ago. It was great flyer! Would love to see it come back
Old 03-25-2008, 02:35 PM
txaggie08

Honestly mooney, let me dig up some old links and see if I can find what it was. It was a BEAUTIFUL kit I had found, but I don't remember who made it.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:05 PM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

hey Guy, I work for Mooney Airplane Co. Let me see what I can dig up
Old 03-29-2008, 09:59 PM
TooLow
My Feedback: (5)

somewhere in my pile of kits , I have a Mooney Ovation by stafford. its 1/4 scale 80+"
Old 03-31-2008, 05:00 PM
AeroAggie
My Feedback: (5)

Howdy texaggie08,
'95 Aero Aggie and Mooney owner here....let me know if you ever do come up with a Mooney kit, as I'd love to have one myself. I've been toying with the idea of scratch building one using dimensions off my 1966 M20E, but I simply don't have the time to mess with it right now. Besides that, I don't know where to get anything resembling scale gear as the Mooneys have a very unique landing gear. Perhaps some sort of readily available retract system with clever camoflage would give an approximate scale Mooney look.

Gig 'Em Ags...

Scott
Old 04-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Mooney_driver

TXAggie
were you able to find the kit link or remember what the kit was?

ORIGINAL: txaggie08

Honestly mooney, let me dig up some old links and see if I can find what it was. It was a BEAUTIFUL kit I had found, but I don't remember who made it.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Mooney_driver

Buchtes
were you able to get any info from Mooney? If so would you mind sharing it if you can?

ORIGINAL: buchtes

hey Guy, I work for Mooney Airplane Co. Let me see what I can dig up
Old 04-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Mooney_driver

Zeke had one at
http://www.parkscalemodels.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=10

It is a parkflyer and see it billed as the Mooney 201 now but when Ibought the short kit a couple years ago Ithought it was billed as the Mooney Bravo. There was quite a thread build about it but think that was over on RCGroups.

Ihave seen very little lately for the Mooney although the Jack Stafford Mooney Ovations pop up regularly as do the HotLines Mooney Chaparral but those are not Bravos. Tri R had a Mooney 201 kit but have only heard of 2 of those although AMAdoes offer copies of the kit plan from the John Pond collection.

Good luck.

ORIGINAL: txaggie08

Anyone know of a large scale mooney bravo kit on the market? I know of one but it's running ruffly 3 grand....and I don't have that kind of scratch atm.....

Old 04-19-2010, 07:47 PM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

sorry, can't help you at this time, I had some plans from unknown Kit in the 80"WS class, loaned these out to be copied and never got them back.
Mooney has shot down production and laid off 90% of the workforce, including me in 2008, they currently only fabricate Spare Parts.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:37 PM
STUKA BARRY

Jack Stafford is the only company that comes to my mind for a Mooney. Somebody mentioned the Sig Bravo, thats a nice flying plane, true, but its not a Mooney. Theres no mistaking a Mooney. They stick out like a J-3 Cub. Ofcourse, the only powerplant worth mentioning or powering a Mooney is Porsche. Anything else would be uncivilized. I'm alittle surprised after all these years that Wendell Hostetler never designed one. He's a big fan of civil aviation.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:21 PM
txaggie08

I never did find that one. I wish hostetler would...
Old 04-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Mooney_driver

The only kitter that Iam currently aware of that sells Mooney kits is Eureka Aircraft at
http://www.eurekaaircraft.com/airplanes/mooney40.htm

It is for .40 size engines and appears to be stand off scale but it is a kit.

Someone on list does still produce short kits from the Jack Stafford line. As Irecall they required orders of 5 at a time to run a kit but that info may have changed since Isaw it.

I do see a few plans around now and there is Zeke's Mooney 201 Parkflyer. There was quite a build thread on that one but think it was at RCGroups.

Good luck.

ORIGINAL: STUKA BARRY

Jack Stafford is the only company that comes to my mind for a Mooney. Somebody mentioned the Sig Bravo, thats a nice flying plane, true, but its not a Mooney. Theres no mistaking a Mooney. They stick out like a J-3 Cub. Ofcourse, the only powerplant worth mentioning or powering a Mooney is Porsche. Anything else would be uncivilized. I'm alittle surprised after all these years that Wendell Hostetler never designed one. He's a big fan of civil aviation.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:11 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the owner of MEN (model engineering of norwalk) has a sig bravo, it's big and beautiful, I wish sig would reintroduce the kit as a limited run. I would buy two in a heartbeat. The other one would be a beachcraft bonanza in the same size or for a 30-50cc engine.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Sig kit was a Morrisey Bravo, a different plane than the Mooney.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Thisstrangeengine

Here is a picture of my Morrisey Bravo not yet complete. I need to get the right servos for it and not sure which ones I want. Any suggestions?