Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

AUSTARS Model Pty Ltd - Cessna 152 ARTF

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

AUSTARS Model Pty Ltd - Cessna 152 ARTF

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 PM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AUSTARS Model Pty Ltd - Cessna 152 ARTF

ORIGINAL: XTRA230

Hi Again
Just wondering since my last post have you had a resolution yet !!
Yes mate, thankfully they have now offered to come to the party and take on the value of the fuselage as a part of the plane.
This is a very fair and reasonable offer, one I'm happy to accept.
Credit should go where credit is due

What was the issue you had?
Old 08-30-2011, 09:03 PM
XTRA230
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
Seen the answer That was an excellent outcome My prob was with another of there models to do with retracts Do not have to go into the details ! But there was not a problem all resolved amicably ....
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Fighterpilot
My Feedback: (2)

Well guys, here is another dissatisfied customer of Austars Models. I put the maiden flight on my Austar 98" Cesna Bird Dog today which except for some down trim and a little aileron trim went off without incident. I can't say the same thing for the second flight. After flying for about 3 minutes and about 20 seconds after turning upwind, the left half of my horizontal stab fell off the airplane, taking with it the left elevator. Fortunately I was able to land the aircraft with no additional damage; but, after examining the plane I also discovered that the left wing strut had pulled out of the wing (seemed as though it was only screwed into the sheeting with no plywood under it for support). I suspected this but not wanting to remove the covering off the wing to examine the strut mounting location, I screwed the screws in until they were tight and hoped that there was some hardwood beneath the sheeting into which the screw could bite.....Wrong! The brace for the stab screws into nothing but soft wood as well. It's really too bad because the rest of the model looks as though it is built well.

So now I have to rebuild the stab and figure out a way to install a plywood spar across the rear of the stab at the front of the trailing edge material and a spar across the front of the stab behind the leading edge. Then finding a covering to match will be a challenge. You know this model was not cheap, but I cannot recommend it to anyone because of the issues that I have encounterd. I've been modeling large scale warbirds since 1994, building all of my own airplanes. My only ARF to date has been the Top Flite Giant scale Mustang which is very well built. This was my second one and my well be my last.

See my post under CY Models L-19 Bird Dog in the ARF forum for the full story. I'll try contacting Austar Models to tell them of the problems I had; but, I'm not placing a lot of hope on getting a response from them. I tried contacting them about the strut mounting issue and got no response..
Old 03-29-2014, 05:58 PM
ticketec

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone still flying the 152?

after cowl dimensions to see what I can get in there

thanks

dave
Old 03-30-2014, 04:11 PM
sj3cub
My Feedback: (9)

I just wish someone would come out with a scale 150/152. Its a shame that my little 250 size E-flight 150 Aerobat is more scale than anything that's on the market or has been on the market. The little one is right in every proportion, outline, landing gear stance/placement ect ect........ The RC Guys and the one from across the pond are just way too off from scale, and the new Seagull 150 is hideous as well. Why they put "4 wheel drive" landing gear on it is beyond me. Just silly looking. Guess I'm going to have to build the WH model from plans.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:56 AM
ticketec

good luck with that.

So is there one one flying these anymore?

Thanks

dave
Old 09-18-2020, 10:56 PM
ticketec

After many years I finally got my hands on one!

Its ready for a maiden, but I cant find the manual online anywhere...

Does anyone still have the CoG and the Throws by any chance??

Thanks

dave